Diboll (6-3) vs Gilmer (8-2) Bi-District

ballwatch

Don't know much about Diboll, just that they are known for a pretty good brand of football.  However Gilmer is also known for a very good brand of football and I know a little more about the Buckeyes.  So for what I know and don't know, I will give Gilmer a slight edge.  Give me Gilmer 41 Diboll 14. :airquote:

The biggest challenge in picking scores as the playoffs begin is level of play.  I think Gilmer had a really tough district this year, and their struggles in district are a reflection of that.  But I don't know.  If PG, Gilmer, and Pitt all win and Atlanta loses, it would confirm that theory.  But it's really hard to compare districts if there are not a lot of common opponents.

I would predicts that PG, Gilmer, and Pitt win, and Atlanta loses. 

1 minute ago, CasualObserver70 said:

The biggest challenge in picking scores as the playoffs begin is level of play.  I think Gilmer had a really tough district this year, and their struggles in district are a reflection of that.  But I don't know.  If PG, Gilmer, and Pitt all win and Atlanta loses, it would confirm that theory.  But it's really hard to compare districts if there are not a lot of common opponents.

Oh give me a break. 

42 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

I agree, it is tough to judge District level of play without common opponents. Even then it's still not indicative of how the the teams would matchup come playoff time. District 7 was interesting this year to say the least. To me it looks like the rest of the district has raised the bar versus saying Gilmer struggled. I'm mean look at SH....you have got to feel bad for those guys. They gave everyone all they wanted and are sitting at the house watching. District 8 has came up as well. We have been thrown in the "worst district in the state" talk a few times over the years, but I don't think you could say that now. Rusk, Jasper, and Diboll went at each other this year with each game ending on the final play. Then you got Tatum who has the athletes to compete with anyone but just hasn't put it together this year. To be honest I'm not sure how this first round will end up either, but I'm pretty confident that there will not be a sweep for either side. 

I think Gilmer is starting to get things figured out defensively.  If that's the case, they will make another deep run, in my opinion.  If they are clicking offensively, and getting things figured out defensively, I think they can make it to a rematch with PG.

It all starts this Friday night, though.  We gotta beat the team in front of us, and that happens to be Diboll this week.

7 minutes ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

I believe Gilmer will win if they score the most points but if they dont I believe they will play basketball the next game. Thats what I believe.

Basketball season doesn't usually start until after Christmas in Gilmer.  We have some unfinished business to tend to Friday night.

26 minutes ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

I believe Gilmer will win if they score the most points but if they dont I believe they will play basketball the next game. Thats what I believe.

Words of Wisdom from our Elders.  Now, I hope that you're concocting a batch of your famous Tinker's Dang Hex out on the pond.  We're going to need it as the playoffs roll on.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

Basketball season doesn't usually start until after Christmas in Gilmer.  We have some unfinished business to tend to Friday night.

I was about to ask... When's the last time Gilmer started hoops early by their standards?

Not saying it will be next week.. I think they will beat Diboll but those Jacks will make it interesting.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:32 PM, mightyeagle said:

not many gilmer fans on here (must be worried)

The past bucknuts would have 30 pages already on a playoff game

whats wrong where are the true fans at I only see 2 gilmer faithfulls on here

I’m here but don’t know what to say! Hopefully we win, but I don’t know if we will or won’t! If we outscore them we will win! 

E52F0057-6A6D-461E-8139-645C01CF0DEE.png