Who WILL WIN 4A DIV II?

wos96

52 minutes ago, ShhsInTheHouse said:

Definitely not Gilmer. Pleasant grove doesn't tire. We nearly beat Gilmer and had the led on Pg. We tired out on both. Pg is just all round good. Gilmer just has luck.

Gilmer knows how to find a way. You can call it luck, but the truth is some how, they manage to find a way. I hate it too, don't worry.

19 hours ago, wos96 said:

WOS VS Pleasant Grove

I think PG vs Graham, then WOS vs Cuero would be my Region Matchups in the Semis.

Of course I want PG to win, but still gotta get through a lot to get there, probably including Gilmer again.

Hard to argue WOS, PG, or Cuero right now. You also can't forget about Graham. I think Melissa/Gilmer winner in the 3rd round has a shot. One you make it to the regional finals, anything can happen. Just have to be rolling at the right time. I'd love to see Melissa knock off Gilmer, just due to all of the smack talk I've read from Gilmer fans. All I've heard is that this Melissa team is different than the last few years. That certainly looks to be true. Time will tell!

I haven't seen WoS play but have seen film and they look pretty good, but not impressive. PG is far above all the other teams I've seen play in East Texas (Carthage, Gilmer, LE, Marshall, T-High) but we still have to make it there. We will play 100% full tilt from here on out. After last weeks domination of Gladewater, I expect the Hawks dish out that and more every week. The rematch with Gilmer will be a wasted trip for Gilmer. They never had us on the ropes the last time we played. We just had to manipulate their system to come out with the W. Not even going to be close on a neutral field. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, CowboysFan82 said:

Hard to argue WOS, PG, or Cuero right now. You also can't forget about Graham. I think Melissa/Gilmer winner in the 3rd round has a shot. One you make it to the regional finals, anything can happen. Just have to be rolling at the right time. I'd love to see Melissa knock off Gilmer, just due to all of the smack talk I've read from Gilmer fans. All I've heard is that this Melissa team is different than the last few years. That certainly looks to be true. Time will tell!

Where's all this "smack talk" from Gilmer fans?  All I've been hearing from reliable sources is that Melissa is a whole lot better team this year than in year's past, and better not be overlooked or you'll go home disappointed.

I think some Gilmer fans will rest on past success against them, but the three times we've played them they weren't as good as this year's team.  Gilmer having outscored Melissa 180-6 in the last three years may have something to do with that.

First things first, though.  Gilmer has to beat the opponent in front of them this Friday.  The Buckeyes have yet to prove that they can step on a team's throat and hold it there.  Hopefully, with the improvements we have made in the last couple of weeks we can start doing just that.  We'll see.

27 minutes ago, PGDad said:

I haven't seen WoS play but have seen film and they look pretty good, but not impressive. PG is far above all the other teams I've seen play in East Texas (Carthage, Gilmer, LE, Marshall, T-High) but we still have to make it there. We will play 100% full tilt from here on out. After last weeks domination of Gladewater, I expect the Hawks dish out that and more every week. The rematch with Gilmer will be a wasted trip for Gilmer. They never had us on the ropes the last time we played. We just had to manipulate their system to come out with the W. Not even going to be close on a neutral field. 

Which game were you watching when Pleasant Grove and Gilmer were playing?  Y'all were better than us that night.  I have no problem with that, but to say we didn't have y'all on the ropes is ludicrous.