Who WILL WIN 4A DIV II?

wos96

1 hour ago, RedRed said:

Blasphemy, thou salt not speak of such apocalyptic things on this East Texas message board. For thy man that speaketh and wrought such grotesk things shall be stoned to death for thy sin.

Naw, we respect Regaleagle. He knows his football.

8 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

PG Dad is in denial for sure lol He probably isn't impressed with Allen or Lake Travis either and probably thinks they would beat them lol they should go to the battle of the boarders next year in Shreveport he would be back to normal then.

PGDad supports his team and believes in them. Nothing wrong with that. He has good reason to believe. PG is really good!!! 

17 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Not one to compare scores but......

Melissa lost to LC by 7.

Gilmer beat LC by 53.

I was there for that game. Little did I know, it was Gilmer's homecoming. Gilmer played like poop that game, and still won by 53 lol. 

43 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Not one to compare scores but......

Melissa lost to LC by 7.

Gilmer beat LC by 53.

First off that was the 1st game of the year. Second Melissa is really young relying on a lot of kids with no varsity experience and starting numerous sophmores at skilled positions including the most important position qb. Lastly when Gilmer played Liberty Christian they had 7 starters out hurt. You take 7 starters from any team and they are probably not gonna do very good. I will be the first to admit after playing Liberty Christian I was worried, but this team has grown so much and are playing really good. 

By all means though please take Melissa lightly.

38 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

He takes a step further than that, lol.

Oh please, he doesn't go any further with his support than you or me or anyone else on this site.

After the Pitt game you had written the Rabbits off and even said you didn't want to watch them play anymore. Then after y'all beat Gladewater the next week, your team was the next best thing to slice bread. 

I've witnessed some of the Gilmer folks doing the same thing. I read where they were wanting the DC fired and talking smack about how bad the defense was. Now they are good again and playing better. 

Of course when I say Melissa is better and improved especially since Liberty Christian it's just not possible. 

3 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Oh please, he doesn't go any further with his support than you or me or anyone else on this site.

After the Pitt game you had written the Rabbits off and even said you didn't want to watch them play anymore. Then after y'all beat Gladewater the next week, your team was the next best thing to slice bread. 

Look, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you understand entirely what PGDad has said. Did you read all of it? There's a difference between being confident in your team, and just going crazy with it lol.

That being said, Atlanta changed a lot of things up from Pitt to GW. It showed too. If they had showed up against the rest of the teams like they did against Pitt, we wouldn't have a playoff thread. The reason I didn't want to watch Atlanta was because of how they acted, not how they played.

1 minute ago, RedRed said:

Those two teams started out ranked higher than Melissa at the beginning of the year. 

A lot of teams did, but that doesn't mean these teams still aren't better. I was just giving Eagleborn the info. He likes DC. 

5 minutes ago, RedRed said:

I've witnessed some of the Gilmer folks doing the same thing. I read where they were wanting the DC fired and talking smack about how bad the defense was. Now they are good again and playing better. 

Of course when I say Melissa is better and improved especially since Liberty Christian it's just not possible. 

Oh no, I totally believe you when you say Melissa is better then they were at the start of the season. Remember, all most of us here in East Texas know of Melissa is when Gilmer was in their district and we know how that turned out. On the other hand we know the Buckeyes really well. We play them year in and year out. The Gilmer/Gladewater rivalry is one of the most hated here in East Texas. We are in the same district, 15 miles a part. Both orange and black, both G-Towns, so we know each other well and how each would do in the playoffs. No disrespect to Melissa. Just a lot of respect for Gilmer and what they continue to accomplish.

Melissa started out at 25 at the start of the year then got beat the first game and dropped out. When Melissa beat Celina then Aubrey they jumped to 10 in Dave Campbell's. I suspect that Melissa jumped so much because they beat Celina by 21 which should have been 28 and Argyle beat Celina by 15. Melissa also gave up 0 passing yards to Celina and was able to stop Celinas best runner the qb who ran all over Argyle. Melissa gave up less than 150 yards of offense to Celina. None of that is a knock on Argyle either. I just think that gasme opened peoples eyes and saw Melissa is pretty good.

12 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Look, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you understand entirely what PGDad has said. Did you read all of it? There's a difference between being confident in your team, and just going crazy with it lol.

That being said, Atlanta changed a lot of things up from Pitt to GW. It showed too. If they had showed up against the rest of the teams like they did against Pitt, we wouldn't have a playoff thread. The reason I didn't want to watch Atlanta was because of how they acted, not how they played.

I get it, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks on here that when they read your posts, or mine, or any Buckeye fan, they also hear the same arrogance that you hear from PGDad. We all have those on here that we think take it a little too far with their confidence, but they are fans. I can't begrudge PGDad because he is proud of his kid and proud of his team, especially now that they have every reason to be confident. Let's give them that. They have every right to be confident. Oh, and if you are talking about his comment about Carthage, I agree with him. PG was the best defensive team and most balanced team I have seen this year period.

1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

I get it, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks on here that when they read your posts, or mine, or any Buckeye fan, they also hear the same arrogance that you hear from PGDad. We all have those on here that we think take it a little too far with their confidence, but they are fans. I can't begrudge PGDad because he is proud of his kid and proud of his team, especially now that they have every reason to be confident. Let's give them that. They have every right to be confident.

Ehhh. You're a better person than I am. I don't have a problem calling someone crazy for making claims that they'd beat Carthage, a list of 5A teams, so forth lol. 

2 minutes ago, RedRed said:

I just wish we had more fans from Melissa and North Texas that could help me out of here.

Lol sometimes you just have to tough it out. I've literally been the only Atlanta fan on here for 99% of this season, and I've been pretty by myself the past 3 years. You've already gotten more backup than I generally ever get haha.