Who WILL WIN 4A DIV II?

wos96

5 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Melissa started out at 25 at the start of the year then got beat the first game and dropped out. When Melissa beat Celina then Aubrey they jumped to 10 in Dave Campbell's. I suspect that Melissa jumped so much because they beat Celina by 21 which should have been 28 and Argyle beat Celina by 15. Melissa also gave up 0 passing yards to Celina and was able to stop Celinas best runner the qb who ran all over Argyle. Melissa gave up less than 150 yards of offense to Celina. None of that is a knock on Argyle either. I just think that gasme opened peoples eyes and saw Melissa is pretty good.

I know what a big deal it is to beat a storied program like Celina, and to do it like Melissa did is very impressive. Even though I'm not a big believer in the Gilmer defense, they're offense is one of the best in the state. Their QB is one of the best and they have playmakers all over the field. I have no doubt the Buckeyes can score points on anyone. Now, if the Melissa defense can stop Gilmer, they have a shot, but if not, it might be a long night for y'all. I don't even know what kind of offense y'all run. I know y'all have scored a bunch of points, but I'm not familiar with the defenses y'all have gone up against. 

7 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Ehhh. You're a better person than I am. I don't have a problem calling someone crazy for making claims that they'd beat Carthage, a list of 5A teams, so forth lol. 

Hey, I edited my post after you quoted it, but I'll say it again since you missed it. PG has the best defense and balanced team I have seen all year, and that includes a 5A team and four 4A Div I teams. 

6 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I know what a big deal it is to beat a storied program like Celina, and to do it like Melissa did is very impressive. Even though I'm not a big believer in the Gilmer defense, they're offense is one of the best in the state. Their QB is one of the best and they have playmakers all over the field. I have no doubt the Buckeyes can score points on anyone. Now, if the Melissa defense can stop Gilmer, they have a shot, but if not, it might be a long night for y'all. I don't even know what kind of offense y'all run. I know y'all have scored a bunch of points, but I'm not familiar with the defenses y'all have gone up against. 

I'll say this we have speed all over the field. On offense our qb 6'3 and has a cannon and is a terrific runner. We have two wide receivers that are tall 6'2 and 6'4 that can fly and jump lol. Our starting rb in 5'10 200lbs and cut up, he runs a legit 4.4 40 that was timed at a Nike runningbacks camp. 

Defensive line is pretty stout and gets pressure on the qb. Linebackers are fast and aggressive. Secondary is led by our 6'2 210lb safety Tate Wittington who could play linebacker in college if he doesn't go play baseball. Db's are not tall but very fast. Our secondary has a lot of picks this year's. The defense is legit fast and aggressive.

Ok let the hate begin again lol.

57 minutes ago, RedRed said:

I'll say this we have speed all over the field. On offense our qb 6'3 and has a cannon and is a terrific runner. We have two wide receivers that are tall 6'2 and 6'4 that can fly and jump lol. Our starting rb in 5'10 200lbs and cut up, he runs a legit 4.4 40 that was timed at a Nike runningbacks camp. 

Defensive line is pretty stout and gets pressure on the qb. Linebackers are fast and aggressive. Secondary is led by our 6'2 210lb safety Tate Wittington who could play linebacker in college if he doesn't go play baseball. Db's are not tall but very fast. Our secondary has a lot of picks this year's. The defense is legit fast and aggressive.

Ok let the hate begin again lol.

Haha, no hate. You will find, if y'all do end up playing Gilmer, that many of the Buckeye fans are very knowledgeable about the game and have much respect for other teams. There are always some who just want to rile you up, but the vast many love talking the x's and o's of the game.

Good luck to y'all and hopefully we can continue having these discussions. 

5 hours ago, RedRed said:

First off that was the 1st game of the year. Second Melissa is really young relying on a lot of kids with no varsity experience and starting numerous sophmores at skilled positions including the most important position qb. Lastly when Gilmer played Liberty Christian they had 7 starters out hurt. You take 7 starters from any team and they are probably not gonna do very good. I will be the first to admit after playing Liberty Christian I was worried, but this team has grown so much and are playing really good. 

By all means though please take Melissa lightly.

Nah man.. not taking Melissa lightly..

Never heard of them football wise, only basketball wise back when we ended their "season of all ages" with the Mr Hondo..

Y'all seem like a neat football team. I'll keep eye out on. 👍

5 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Don't worry though Redred. It will all come out in the wash. If Melissa turns out to be the real deal, you'll get to hold your head high and make us all miserable. The joys of Smoaky!

Wouldn't be the first time a "Melissa" made me miserable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Hey, I edited my post after you quoted it, but I'll say it again since you missed it. PG has the best defense and balanced team I have seen all year, and that includes a 5A team and four 4A Div I teams. 

That's an opinion based on how they played y'all SH hung around PG too but might get 1-2 touchdowns on Carthage IF they played now Carthage I feel is much improved since y'all played them.

1 hour ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

That's an opinion based on how they played y'all SH hung around PG too but might get 1-2 touchdowns on Carthage IF they played now Carthage I feel is much improved since y'all played them.

SH put up big numbers on everyone. PG did hold them to a season low in scoring (still 30+). SH needs help on defense, and they are super scary going forward. 

I am not crazy enough to get on here and say PG outright beats Carthage, but I believe it would be a good one. They would hang around. 

People saying Carthage isn’t the clear # 1 has no basis for their arguement. That team is dominant, and has no reason to be considered anything less than the best, until they get beat. Heck, I could be wrong, I mean a one loss Clemson team, who lost to Syracuse, is considered the 2nd best college team in the nation!

11 hours ago, RedRed said:

Nothing wrong with it at all. Y'all are just so dogmatic about it. I mean y'all probably think every team in your district can beat all 32 NFL teams in the same night. 

Whoa now.....no reason to result into name calling. I've met this gentleman....I can asure you....he is, indeed, not a dog. Lol

44 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Good point, and that's why I said I believe PG has the best defense and balanced offense of any team I have seen this year. I can't base an opinion on what I haven't seen. Before the season started all I heard from our own fans and other teams was that the Bear offense is easy to stop. That we are one dimensional. All that may be true, but very few teams stopped us. 

SH hung around with everyone. Part of that was the fact that they were a lot better than their record, part was because they match up well with those in our district, part was because most teams in our district don't have great defenses and part might be because teams went into the SH game thinking it was the game they knew they would win. There were a lot of factors involved in SH hanging with everyone, but it wasn't defense. 

I totally get what you are saying, and as I stated before, it's just my opinion. I never thought it would be a popular opinion, but it is what it is. I believe the PG defense is highly underrated. 

Oh, by the way I never said PG would beat Carthage. I just said their defense was the best I have seen this year.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RedRed said:

Nothing wrong with it at all. Y'all are just so dogmatic about it. I mean y'all probably think every team in your district can beat all 32 NFL teams in the same night. 

In the same night?!?!? That's silly. Logistically it would be a nightmare. 32 teams....32 days sounds about right.

10 hours ago, dean1345 said:

Kennedale which is ranked 4th in 4A D1 and have averaged 60 pts. a game for the season. WOS defense held them to 20 pts. and handed them there only loss of the year. I know only a "homer" would say that aren't impressive. Just saying......

Like I said, I have only seen highlights of WoS. I believe that you really have to watch a team whistle to whistle to really see what they are like. That being said, the highlights I've seen of WoS are good but not impressive.  Let's take a look at last weeks highlights for PG.

@15 sec The Hawk does a cartwheel. I mean...dang that's cool.

@1:08 15 sidesteps and rushes for a TD. Beautiful to watch.

@2:27 3 stiff arms a defender to get the TD. Powerful.

@2:59 21 zig zags, you can see his brain working the path he's gonna take. Smart.

#2, #4, #11 all had impressive highlights. That's just one game, I just haven't seen the "wow" factor watching WoS highlights.

10 hours ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

PG Dad is in denial for sure lol He probably isn't impressed with Allen or Lake Travis either and probably thinks they would beat them lol they should go to the battle of the boarders next year in Shreveport he would be back to normal then.

You don't know my normal...I've chilled out the past couple of years.

I think we can beat anybody.

2 minutes ago, PGDad said:

In the same night?!?!? That's silly. Logistically it would be a nightmare. 32 teams....32 days sounds about right.

Like I said, I have only seen highlights of WoS. I believe that you really have to watch a team whistle to whistle to really see what they are like. That being said, the highlights I've seen of WoS are good but not impressive.  Let's take a look at last weeks highlights for PG.

@2:59 21 zig zags, you can see his brain working the path he's gonna take. Smart.

#2, #4, #11 all had impressive highlights. That's just one game, I just haven't seen the "wow" factor watching WoS highlights.

Hey, can't you find a better example? Really, kick me when I'm already down!!! :headbang:

14 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Good point, and that's why I said I believe PG has the best defense and balanced offense of any team I have seen this year. I can't base an opinion on what I haven't seen. Before the season started all I heard from our own fans and other teams was that the Bear offense is easy to stop. That we are one dimensional. All that may be true, but very few teams stopped us. 

SH hung around with everyone. Part of that was the fact that they were a lot better than their record, part was because they match up well with those in our district, part was because most teams in our district don't have great defenses and part might be because teams went into the SH game thinking it was the game they knew they would win. There were a lot of factors involved in SH hanging with everyone, but it wasn't defense. 

I totally get what you are saying, and as I stated before, it's just my opinion. I never thought it would be a popular opinion, but it is what it is. I believe the PG defense is highly underrated. 

Oh, by the way I never said PG would beat Carthage. I just said their defense was the best I have seen this year.

The Carthage being the best was not in reference to you, I’m catching up on board and just made a broad comment from what I read earlier in board.

2 hours ago, PGDad said:

I've been like that before....following a 15-0 season at that. Then boom....Troup beat us by 10 after returning nearly everyone...lol. Point is.....sometimes the mighty fall. You could be a statistic Friday....js, lol

On 11/16/2017 at 5:24 AM, Eagleborn said:

Nah man.. not taking Melissa lightly..

Never heard of them football wise, only basketball wise back when we ended their "season of all ages" with the Mr Hondo..

Y'all seem like a neat football team. I'll keep eye out on. 👍

The 2011 Melissa Cardinals lost to Hempstead in Jerry World in the Class 2A Divison 1 Championship game.  Melissa has played at least 12 games every year for the past 10 yrs except for 2013-14 when they moved up a classification to 3A.  Now they are 4A Div. 2 because all classifications were moved up. Never heard of Melissa in football??? Wake up and smell the coffee.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The 2011 Melissa Cardinals lost to Hempstead in Jerry World in the Class 2A Divison 1 Championship game.  Melissa has played at least 12 games every year for the past 10 yrs except for 2013-14 when they moved up a classification to 3A.  Now they are 4A Div. 2 because all classifications were moved up. Never heard of Melissa in football??? Wake up and smell the coffee.

Not a fan of coffee..

My bad on not knowing Melissa was a power..

How many titles?

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Not a fan of coffee..

My bad on not knowing Melissa was a power..

How many titles?

None yet in football......don't know about all the other sports.  They have not had a high school that long......maybe 15 yrs like Argyle???  Argyle only has one SC in football.....just for comparison.   BTW......try some hazelnut Maxwell House International Coffees......I don't regularly drink coffee either, but I like this stuff.

Congrats to the Pleasant Grove Hawks on a stellar season and putting together a really good football team this season.  They look very impressive to me.....I really haven't looked at them in action before this filmclip.  Lots of work left to do to punch that ticket to Jerry World......the road only gets tougher from here on out.  

On 11/15/2017 at 10:24 AM, PGDad said:

I haven't seen WoS play but have seen film and they look pretty good, but not impressive. PG is far above all the other teams I've seen play in East Texas (Carthage, Gilmer, LE, Marshall, T-High) but we still have to make it there. We will play 100% full tilt from here on out. After last weeks domination of Gladewater, I expect the Hawks dish out that and more every week. The rematch with Gilmer will be a wasted trip for Gilmer. They never had us on the ropes the last time we played. We just had to manipulate their system to come out with the W. Not even going to be close on a neutral field. 

I guess I don' see the logic in your far above all those teams; literally beat Gilmer by 3 and We missed thing Field Goal; I don' call that far and above. And Carthage I don' think y'll could beat. Just an opinion but far and above. Wow

On 11/15/2017 at 11:14 AM, PGDad said:

Yeah, we dominated both lines of scrimmage, our corners had the WRs covered like paint, the defense played smart, tough football all game, Gilmer's QB was a non-issue. Calls didn't lose you guys the game, it just made it harder for us to win.

It wouldn't of mattered if you guys were full strength, there was nothing on the field that night that looked to be challenging. Get back a couple of hurt players and you guys score a D instead of an F.

Poppy threw for almost 400 yards And Lusty had 160 of them How did your DB stop Gilmer Passing Game lol

• Like 1