What 2018 Schedule?

mvtigerbacker

If you was your favorite HS football teams coach, What teams would you look to fill a 5 game non-district Schedule? 

Mount Vernon

1. @ Mount Pleasant - Would be a good matchup and friendly rivalry!

2. Winnsboro - Rivalry now close to 90 meetings. Would schedule this game just in case the district switches around!

3. @ Tatum- Would love to see this game, I believe Tatum’s AD was in staff at MV under Meeks years back! Plus it would be an ok drive for me to make the game , living in SETX

4. Rivercrest- The Rebels have shown they can play this year, would love to rekindle this game from years back and would be a good HC game for MV

5. @ Hooks- Would hate to see this game go away, really good matchup 

• Like 1

If we stay 4A Div II, I like our non district schedule with Carthage, Kilgore, CH, Center & Lindale. It definitely helps playing teams that are really good. Or mix in a Bullard, Henderson or Pine Tree. Being that we might drop, I'm sure none of the listed teams would have an interest in playing a 3A Div I team, so I would try and schedule the below. (all 4A Div II teams)

Gilmer-The Buckeyes should always be on our schedule. 

Spring Hill-Always a good rivalry for the Bears

Pittsburg-Don't have to travel too far and always great competition.

Canton-Usually, in the past, we didn't see them till the playoffs, but a good team to play and not too far to travel.

Wills Point-Another team we have played in the past that wouldn't be a far drive.

1. Navasota (keep the games going)

2. Cameron Yoe (might be 4a d2 next year and had great games last two year)

3. Newton (neutral site.. Had some great games in the past)

4. Hearne (bring back the Robertson County Showdown... Only 13 miles apart between towns)

5. East texas team like West Rusk, Arp, Waskom

Well we would never have 5 non district games in our current district alignment...but here’s mine. 

Week 1 - Lufkin - Home and home series against the Pack is a great way to open the season. Fierce rivalry and a great test right out of the gate that exposes what you need to work on.

Week 2 - Any random Dallas team - A 6A Dallas squad that is “on your level.” Say like a McKinney Boyd or a Rowlett or a Hebron. A team that would agree to a home and home series along those lines. 

Week 3 - Port Neches Groves - A neutral site series at Homer Bryce Stadium would be amazing. Two classic programs that can help each other. Yes, PNG is a 5A school but the atmosphere and competition would make for a really great series.

Week 4 - A top level 6A Dallas team - Give yourself a stern test. Play a DeSoto/Allen/Euless Trinity. Heck, even Southlake Carroll if you could get them to agree to a home and home series. Would make for great competition, and fans from all over would come to see that game.

Week 5 - This one is my personal wish that likely would never happen. But a neutral site series against Odessa Permian would be amazing. Longview picks a Plano site for their home stadium, Permian picks say Abilene for their home stadium. Would be a great series between two old, classic programs steeped in tradition.

• Like 1

This is fun, ill play along.

Week 1: @ Daingerfield (Someone is gonna want a rematch after this Friday, plus they have a cool stadium)

Week 2: vs. Caddo Mills (They have outgrown us dramatically but the rivalry is still important)

Week 3: @ Cooper (Old Rivalry)

Week 4: vs. Edgewood

Week 5 @ Henrietta (never get to play anyone out west (of here). Think it would be cool to head that way occasionally. 

38 minutes ago, RED8721 said:

This is fun, ill play along.

Week 1: @ Daingerfield (Someone is gonna want a rematch after this Friday, plus they have a cool stadium)

Week 2: vs. Caddo Mills (They have outgrown us dramatically but the rivalry is still important)

Week 3: @ Cooper (Old Rivalry)

Week 4: vs. Edgewood

Week 5 @ Henrietta (never get to play anyone out west (of here). Think it would be cool to head that way occasionally. 

Bathrooms are terrible tho lol

• Like 1

for jt i would say

1. rockwall two games lost to them and they always schedule a dfw team week one why not them

2. longview of course got to hand them a L next year and would be a good east tx classic game

3. lufkin same as longview 

4.aledo if jt goes to 5a i think facing them early would be good match up and a good revenge match

5. lake travis just cuss back in the 5a days on old board lake travis fans felt there team was jesus christ and couldnt be beat 

3 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Week 1 Winona 

Week 2 HS

Week 3 Jefferson 

Week 4 Tatum

Week 5 WO

Hopefully DF is still back on the upswing and schedule some games with WO. Hopefully WO can still have a good program after this years senior class. I can sense a rivalry brewing with how close both teams have played the last 2 years. I’ve always liked DF and will never forget the loss they handed WO back in 98. I’d also would like a WO Gladewater game to if it’s possible. WO and Gladewater has a sort of rivalry going on back in the day. 

28 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Hopefully DF is still back on the upswing and schedule some games with WO. Hopefully WO can still have a good program after this years senior class. I can sense a rivalry brewing with how close both teams have played the last 2 years. I’ve always liked DF and will never forget the loss they handed WO back in 98. I’d also would like a WO Gladewater game to if it’s possible. WO and Gladewater has a sort of rivalry going on back in the day. 

That was my class that you played in 98

38 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I would love to see Gladewater and White Oak renew their rivalry of the past. I would have mentioned WO, but I figure if we drop then we probably will be in the same district. I can't see them splitting Gladewater, WO, Tatum & Sabine. That wouldn't make sense, but then again we are talking about the UIL.