Gunter vs Daingerfield

Fblife13

Daingerfield vs Gunter  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2017 at 06:00 PM

15 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

I guess Tatum is not a normal

We went 3-8... I’d say thats not normal. 

Pretty neat how none of y’all where anywhere to be found a few years ago but get that winning season and a playoff win and back out of the caves y’all come. 

PS. Come back at me with a how’s basketball going comment. That’s much better than blaming officials for losing a game. 

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Pretty neat how none of y’all where anywhere to be found a few years ago but get that winning season and a playoff win and back out of the caves y’all come. 

PS. Come back at me with a how’s basketball going comment. That’s much better than blaming officials for losing a game. 

Nobody has came out of that cave except a few and the rest have since moved on thru different tunnels. No offense to you but what have yall done since 07 exactly? Blame the move up to be to much maybe? 

3 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Nobody has came out of that cave except a few and the rest have since moved on thru different tunnels. No offense to you but what have yall done since 07 exactly? Blame the move up to be to much maybe? 

Ok man. It’s all good. Big bad DF and their title town. 

Move up is not the blame. We won it in 3A (current 4A) against a school that will be 6A one day so moving up would be a weak excuse. 

Since 2007 have a semi finals run, couple regional finals, area..etc. 

Our last playoff win was 2014 against Coldspring. 

Anything else you wanna know about Tatum? Since that’s the way to spin it around when someone don’t agree with y’all.

26 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Ok man. It’s all good. Big bad DF and their title town. 

Move up is not the blame. We won it in 3A (current 4A) against a school that will be 6A one day so moving up would be a weak excuse. 

Since 2007 have a semi finals run, couple regional finals, area..etc. 

Our last playoff win was 2014 against Coldspring. 

Anything else you wanna know about Tatum? Since that’s the way to spin it around when someone don’t agree with y’all.

Goober.... you're the one who got on here blowin smoke. I just kindly asked you to share

16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Smoke??

Nah, just stating my opinion and throwing in a few facts. 

Fact is that you've always been a Daingerfield hater. Even when we were winning. So any chance you get(especially when we lose) you have something to say. Mostly negative. That a fact. Now fact this. Did you know that some of y'all players from the past and present, did you knows that they're from Daingerfield. Your leading back from 07--08. Receiver from 14-15. And some now. Your girls track coach who happens to be my brother and also a member of the 83-85 tigers. So you know what, even though y'all are eagles, tiger blood is running through you. Whether you like it or not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Get stuffed cuz. Don’t wanna buy any $9 dollar nachos. Smuggle some turkey sandwiches in as well. I may try to make this game with my brother n law. It’s gonna be a good one I think. DF comes out on top though. Have a good one today. 

If you're coming let me know. I'm good paying for their cheese fries. I eat yhem at every stadium I have been in if they're available lol

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Fact is that you've always been a Daingerfield hater. Even when we were winning. So any chance you get(especially when we lose) you have something to say. Mostly negative. That a fact. Now fact this. Did you know that some of y'all players from the past and present, did you knows that they're from Daingerfield. Your leading back from 07--08. Receiver from 14-15. And some now. Your girls track coach who happens to be my brother and also a member of the 83-85 tigers. So you know what, even though y'all are eagles, tiger blood is running through you. Whether you like it or not.

Neat story. 

Show me my last post I said something AFTER y’all lost? Like as in not bringing up a loss weeks after but right after.

We HAD a girls track coach from DF that played for DF from 84-87... Pretty good in track too. 

Again, neat story and AGAIN best of luck this week  

I think about everything has been said about the game. Nobody knows which team will win or by how much.  As a Gunter fan I can't judge confidently that we will win.  I think we will, I hope we do, but you just can't really tell by looking at videos or prior results how good a team is.  For example, videos don't do justice to Henrietta #24.  He got 95 yards or so against us which is unheard of since we lost to Waskom in 2015.  It felt like 200 yards.  It is not as though he had big holes to run through , the kid is just so strong in the lower body and quick you don't see players liked that often.  He gave us some trouble last year too in our 31-3 win, but the difference was that we had to change our defense to stop him, which opened it up for a couple of passes (one for a score) and a running back got 90 yards also.  We went into halftime only up 17-13 with no clue as to how to stop this kid.  On the positive side Gunter's offense scored on every possession but only held the ball for 6 minutes in the first half.  Second half the kid still ran hard, but we got stops and created turnovers and scored 28 unanswered for a 45-13 final.  I think he carried the team on his back and just ran out of gas.  This was the first adversity Gunter has faced all year and the good news is that our team did respond to it.

Our 2016 run was not without adversity.  We had slow starts in the early playoff games against Hooks and Jacksboro (though both turned into blowouts).  We were  only up on Winona 8-0 at half before exploding in the 3rd quarter.  About to score at the Canadian 1-yard line we fumbled, they picked it and ran it 99 yards for a touchdown and we were down 21-10.  We then went on a 34-6  run before ending up with a 44-34 win.

It will not surprise me at all if Daingerfield has a good start and goes up on us.  The question is, will we respond to adversity the way we did over and over last year in the championship run?  That was last year, this is this year,  I  expect this is going to be a tough row to hoe and Daingerfield is a particularly dangerous second round draw for us. Their program is legendary could be somewhat intimidating.   I am concerned, but cautiously optimistic that if things go bad early this team will respond. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

I think about everything has been said about the game. Nobody knows which team will win or by how much.  As a Gunter fan I can't judge confidently that we will win.  I think we will, I hope we do, but you just can't really tell by looking at videos or prior results how good a team is.  For example, videos don't do justice to Henrietta #24.  He got 95 yards or so against us which is unheard of since we lost to Waskom in 2015.  It felt like 200 yards.  It is not as though he had big holes to run through , the kid is just so strong in the lower body and quick you don't see players liked that often.  He gave us some trouble last year too in our 31-3 win, but the difference was that we had to change our defense to stop him, which opened it up for a couple of passes (one for a score) and a running back got 90 yards also.  We went into halftime only up 17-13 with no clue as to how to stop this kid.  On the positive side Gunter's offense scored on every possession but only held the ball for 6 minutes in the first half.  Second half the kid still ran hard, but we got stops and created turnovers and scored 28 unanswered for a 45-13 final.  I think he carried the team on his back and just ran out of gas.  This was the first adversity Gunter has faced all year and the good news is that our team did respond to it.

Our 2016 run was not without adversity.  We had slow starts in the early playoff games against Hooks and Jacksboro (though both turned into blowouts).  We were  only up on Winona 8-0 at half before exploding in the 3rd quarter.  About to score at the Canadian 1-yard line we fumbled, they picked it and ran it 99 yards for a touchdown and we were down 21-10.  We then went on a 34-6  run before ending up with a 44-34 win.

It will not surprise me at all if Daingerfield has a good start and goes up on us.  The question is, will we respond to adversity the way we did over and over last year in the championship run?  That was last year, this is this year,  I  expect this is going to be a tough row to hoe and Daingerfield is a particularly dangerous second round draw for us. Their program is legendary could be somewhat intimidating.   I am concerned, but cautiously optimistic that if things go bad early this team will respond. 

Now that's a good explanation 

23 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

+100 the thing about us though is we play better while being ahead with momentum . My worry is we fall behind early . 

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Yep, that Henrietta QB was pretty impressive.  He was in and out of the game last year due to an injury, otherwise that might have been closer than the 31-3 score.  It even was.  If I remember, it was only 17-3 fairly late in that Henrietta game last year, but Henrietta was forced to go for it on 4th down a couple of times late out of necessity.  Gunter stopped them and scored twice on short fields to put it away.  That game was closer than the 31-3 score, and that good QB didn't play about half the snaps, so I wasn't entirely shocked that he gave us trouble again this year.  That said, it also didn't shock me that Gunter turned it around in the second half this year - as they have consistently shown the ability to make great adjustments.  This year, Gunter limited Henrietta to 65 yards of total offense in the second half.  Offensively, nothing really changed.  The offense still scored on every possesson of the game except three I believe.  Once was a possession that started with about 30 seconds left in the first half, one was the victory plays at the end of the game, so really only one legitimate stop from Henrietta the entire game that I can recall.  Gunter just got more opportunities in the second half due to defensive adjustments that shut Henrietta down.  Henrietta basically had two long drives that ate up the entire first half - drives that were also sustained by more 3rd and 4th and loooong conversions than I remember ever seeing. After that, not much.

Saw Gunter play Henrietta and the first half they looked VERY beatable. 2nd half they looked like the Gunter I saw on TV last year. That first half if they had been playing a team like Canadian they would have been down 21 at half at least. Still not too sure how I feel about Gunter, great team with overall fast team speed. But if they play like they did the first half all game DField will win. I may have caught them on a bad night though.