Gunter vs Daingerfield

Fblife13

Daingerfield vs Gunter  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2017 at 06:00 PM

Funny to me....some of the most critical, flamboyant, and we'll spoken bashers.  Seem to have never strapped on pair of shoulder pads, buckled a helmet, given nor taken a lick on a varsity football field.  Nor have they tried to implement offense, defense, or special teams at any point in time in their life.  Or even dealt with a large group of high octane athletes.  Gripe about attitudes, and kids quitting.  Look in the mirror.  

Congratulations on a great season Tigers!  Be proud, learn from mistakes, and go back to work.

Daingerfield has had a problem with personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct all year even in the wins.  Those young men need to learn discipline from home.   The coachs can only do so much.                                                               The first half yesterday was great.  Gunter made adjustments, we didn't. Started getting their butts kicked and couldn't take it.  This is not a street fight boys, this is football.  Take your licks, take them like a man, and get back to the huddle.     I was embarrassed by the poor lack of discipline from our boys, not for the loss.   I've said enough.

Good luck Gunter, great bunch of kids you have there. Well coached, well disciplined, in everyway.    

I said from the start Gunter is a good team. May be better athletes are some of the teams they have played. But what has made Gunter good even before the State Championship was their discipline and hard work ethic. They are well coach and over the years took their loses with dignity. They just accept it and go back to work. That is what makes good playoff teams. They may not make it to state but they will play four quarters of football no matter. Just a admirer of a good program. I'm a fan not a resident. Go luck and hoping for a repeat.

For the past few years, the Gunter program in all athletics has been moving up.  They are Lone Star Cup finalists and that is a bragging right in itself.  To be a Lone Star Cup finalist, you must excel in academics, athletics, and extracurricular activities.  They have a State Championship in Baseball, Football, and many other accolades.  They are quickly becoming "the Highland Park of Class 3A".  Daingerfield played a team that has now won 28 consecutive football games.  They are the defending State Champions and if you noticed, they have about 10 Seniors, several Juniors and there were over a dozen Sophomores playing for them yesterday. 

Gunter is located just a hop, skip and a jump up from Celina, not far from Prosper, Sherman, Aubrey, Melissa and just north of the Frisco Empire.  This is a hot spot for athletes and tremendous training facilities.  If you have noticed the upswing in competitive programs in the last ten years, it is an area to admire their advancement.  Just as is the East Texas area of Gilmer, Texarkana, Longview, Daingerfield, etc. 

There is also deep genetic roots in Gunter.  I think you will see that there are a few brother combinations on these teams.  Mom and Dad found programs that were well established and good schools and they laid their foundation to establish their family.  Again just as in the hot spots of East Texas.   So, Daingerfield your loss to Gunter was to one of the very best programs in the entire State of Texas. It takes someone that good to beat a Daingerfield football team. 

22 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

Daingerfield has had a problem with personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct all year even in the wins.  Those young men need to learn discipline from home.   The coachs can only do so much.                                                               The first half yesterday was great.  Gunter made adjustments, we didn't. Started getting their butts kicked and couldn't take it.  This is not a street fight boys, this is football.  Take your licks, take them like a man, and get back to the huddle.     I was embarrassed by the poor lack of discipline from our boys, not for the loss.   I've said enough.

Good luck Gunter, great bunch of kids you have there. Well coached, well disciplined, in everyway.    

First of all disciplined is coached. That's what coaches do. They have to do more than just call a couple of plays. Effort and leadership is what the kids are responsible for. This team lacked any identity. We all saw the same game, those same street fighters returned to the sideline and weren't reprimanded or even scolded by the coaches. Same players return to field, so no lesson learned in my opinion. Seems to me that the Tigers didn't make any adjustments in the game. Gunter was a very well COACHED team and it showed in the 3rd and 4th quarter. 

12 hours ago, JAKEBRAKE said:

Are you there to see what goes on when these teams start getting their tail kicked?   It becomes an embarrassment.  I'd watch every last minute if they gave everything they got.  When you start taunting other teams fans, fighting with coaches, I'm not watching no more.  Been watching that #### for a few years now.   But keep making excuses for them and we'll get more of the same.  

So you have all the answers for getting it turned around by walking out on them?  Exactly what kids don't need today!  Liberalism attitude!

And just for kicks and giggles jakebrake, Mr diehard, what exactly did your genealogy contribute to DAINGERFIELD dominance?  I mean this is DAINGERFIELD Holmes, if you went there, you must have been great, and you must have sired greater!  Fill us in, cause it's DAINGERFIELD Holmes!!  Cant be the kids got to be the coaches, cause it's DAINGERFIELD Holmes, we don't give out participation ribbons And everybody is expected to act like gentleman cause yes again it's DAINGERFIELD Holmes, tiger pride never dies!

I think there is some merit to all comments above. Kids will respond to what they hear and see. If the crowd is acting a fool then the kids will respond in the same matter. I do agree with the statement coaches should respond to bad actions of his players. I watched another game where a kid got two stupid PF penalties and the coach never said a word till they ejected him. Then he was letting the refs have it. Then the kid ran up and down the sideline with his hands it the air and some of the crowd was cheering him. Come on the grownups and coaches have a responsibility also.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

I thought that East Texas speed could overcome all.

So

Speed is great and can't be coach into a player. But if you don't have discipline and good execution then it's only good in a race. I've seen teams that execute well beat speed many times. Me if I was a coach I'd want both. Execution should be coached.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2017 at 8:42 AM, Crankshaft said:

On 11/25/2017 at 8:57 PM, 3rdand5 said:

So

Speed is great and can't be coach into a player. But if you don't have discipline and good execution then it's only good in a race. I've seen teams that execute well beat speed many times. Me if I was a coach I'd want both. Execution should be coached.

Amen

I am not going to read all of the back pages, have not been able to get on since Friday.  I am not going to make any excuses for the actions of the kids, except maybe they were just as frustrated as the rest of us that had to watch that game.  It was the very worst offensive game plan I have seen in many years.  It was as if we had looked at no video at all during the week, or we had and figured it would not matter so we might as well just run the same three plays over and over again and hope that they will eventually work.  We had receivers open every time  we dropped back yet we chose not to throw the ball until it was too late.  So very frustrating.  I sure hope we have a better plan next year with all of the talent that we have coming.  I am out until next year, good luck the Gunter you have a great program and a great coaching staff.  I do not think anyone will beat you unless they have a good passing game and open up the play book and play enough defense to out score you.  No running team is ever going to beat you, unless they can throw at least half of the time.