Harmony vs Jacksboro

Stoney

Harmony vs Jacksboro  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Harmony
    • Jacksboro

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2017 at 11:00 PM

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He had it 56-7 Harmony

That's pretty spot on then. 42-0, 56-7......still a fumble here, a twisted ankle there, anything can change. Wild and Pax both have us favored......so maybe we can pull it off.

6 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

That's pretty spot on then. 42-0, 56-7......still a fumble here, a twisted ankle there, anything can change. Wild and Pax both have us favored......so maybe we can pull it off.

True statement.  No numbers can predict what the football gods decide to do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

Pretty spot on and Harmony had a TD called back in the 3rd. 

I look for this game to be more of a defensive battle as Pax posted. In a 3A game depth is a huge advantage and I like that Harmony doesn't play anyone both ways out of necessity. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure how many 3A schools have the luxury that we do of not playing two way football. Not having your RB playing defense saves them legs. Having a playmaker like #3 on defense, splitting him out wide a few plays on offense and back returning kicks. The #21 kid who made the great catch? I don't know where he came from. 

Fan, this is the deepest pool of talent I've ever seen of us. Talent at the skill positions. Size on both lines. 6 shutouts on the season. 28 the most we've allowed in a game. This defense could have us geared for a deep run!

• Like 1

We actually have 7 defensive shutouts on the season.  The TD that Lone Oak scores was on a scoop and score while on defense.  I know the scoreboard still had a score on it but the D has been lights out really since the 4th quarter of the Edgewood game.  7 defensive shutouts in 11 games.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EasyCompany said:

We actually have 7 defensive shutouts on the season.  The TD that Lone Oak scores was on a scoop and score while on defense.  I know the scoreboard still had a score on it but the D has been lights out really since the 4th quarter of the Edgewood game.  7 defensive shutouts in 11 games.

And that secondary has been fun to watch. Most improved unit on the team.

3 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

But those numbers are pretty darn spot on.

Yeah, I think they are a pretty good gauge for how the teams stack up on paper, and it works out for the most part.  They've been wrong.  I don't remember what I predicted, but I had Newton favoring Arp pretty heavily last year when Arp knocked them out.  I probably have it saved somewhere, but that's one I got really wrong that sticks out, but they are pretty close most of the time.  If everyone who was supposed to win always won, sports wouldn't be very interesting in my opinion. 

On 11/20/2017 at 10:04 PM, Eagles14 said:

Hoping Harmony can pull this one out. Sounds like it's going to be the first true test Harmony has really had all year besides WO. looking forward to this one! 

That’s what I would think.......🤔🤔🤔🤔

Harmony 20 Waskom 13

Harmony 49 WO 28

16 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

No kidding. I was expecting a run heavy night by the eagles and I got the greatest show on turf instead lol. Defense was lights out. Between tackles was a no no. Our little sophomore #7 usually has no problem getting to the edges. Big no no there as well. And geez those two Kenmore refrigerators y’all call pulling guards were a sight. Not to mention yalls qb that could be a standout noseguard. What a couple of classes y’all had to come through there. Top it off yalls HC is a class act. Shook his hand after the game. Great coach. Even better men. I got 4 daughters. Can’t imagine what he endures everyday and still finds away to have his boys ready. Even if they were losing those young fellas couldn’t have a better role model. 

Nature I’m glad you mentioned our pass game.  People just don’t realize we are not one dimensional but because we are run heavy doesn’t mean that we can’t air it out when we need to.  Lots of respect for the Pewitt program and wish y’all nothing but the best.

59 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Got to put your foot down Stoney and get your priorities straight lol. Y’all have a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to your eagles. Safe travels. 

Thanks Natch. She is gonna "allow" me to attend the other games. "Hopefully." Lol 

Going to RC to check out Gunter-Dfield, then on to McKinney for the main event. This looks like an old fashioned smash mouth football game. This will be my 2nd Harmony game to attend this year after the Edgewood blow out. The Harmony Defense appears to be getting better as the Season progresses. I'm going with the Eagles 28-17 and advancing to the 3rd round for only the 2nd time in school history! Good luck Eagles!!!

On 11/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, Pax said:

Right, this is the game if they both have an average game and all games played are considered, pre-district through playoffs.  Obviously, the numbers can't predict when and against who a team will have a dud or when they put it all together.  I will say that even if you average the best 3 games for Jacksboro and the worst 3 games for Harmony, Harmony still wins 26-17.  The flip side is Harmony in a 48-6 win (Harmony's best 3 vs Jacksboro's best 3).  If you only consider each team's single worst game and single best game, Harmony's worst single game vs Jackboro's single best game, Jacksboro wins 23-6.  Harmony's best vs Jacksboro's worst, Harmony wins 66-8.   Only considering district games (I think this is a pretty good metric, and it was this metric that made me think that Leonard could upset Nocona - which they did), I get Harmony in a 41-14 win.  Only considering playoff games (of course there's only been one for each team, so this is a teeny tiny sample size), Harmony wins 14-3 (this one plays out as a defensive battle because each team shutout their one playoff opponent).

Considering only games for each team against offenses that average 30 or more points per game, I get Harmony, 35-18.  Last, considering only games against teams that hold opponents to fewer than 20 points per game, I get Harmony in a 58-21 win, but there is only one sub-20 defense that each has played, so another teeny tiny sample size.  The last filter would be to only consider opponents who both score over 30 per game and hold opponents to less than 20 (simply to filter it by opponents as similar to Harmony and Jacksboro as possible), but it's the exact same game as the defensive game, so just one game - tiny sample size, same score 58-21.  It can get convoluted pretty quick, but I have fun with it.

Reading this made my head hurt. However, it is very interesting. On another post, I saw how close your system came to the actual scores and it is impressive. I hope Harmony takes Jacksboro seriously and comes ready to play. I do believe that Jacksboro is the fourth best team in this region and they will be a threat. Jacksboro will be very, very physical, and I imagine that they will approach the game by attempting to limit possessions. I am pulling for Harmony. BTW, I am really hoping for your 66-8 prediction. I do not believe that would ever happen, but I would love to see the purple tiggers take a beatin like that!