Rusk vs Melissa

RedRed

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

And now Eagleborn will get to see Melissa football......like they haven't been here before, Lol.  I got Melissa to go deep......so they should get thru this round no problem....IMHO.

Rusk looks pretty dang good and destroyed Pittsburg. Melissa is gonna have to come out hot from the start. I did notice that Rusks linemen go both ways which could hurt them if Melissa goes up tempo. 

Always tough to defend against a team with a balanced attack like Melissa runs.  Argyle has the same kind of offensive attack, and so does Carthage.  Not comparing these teams.....just the fact that teams with balanced attacks seem to do better in playoff football when the cream rises every week.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Always tough to defend against a team with a balanced attack like Melissa runs.  Argyle has the same kind of offensive attack, and so does Carthage.  Not comparing these teams.....just the fact that teams with balanced attacks seem to do better in playoff football when the cream rises every week.

You are correct 

Every time I have seen everyone picking against Rusk this year they have came out strong. They have played some great ball and have been in every game. I was really surprised that they did this well tonight. 

I still think Melissa takes this one but I don’t think they will roll through this one easily. 

We expect to play tough teams at this time of year. We also gladly accept the underdog role, as we have all season. Our kids will be fired up and ready to play, getting blown out won't happen. If you were at the Pitt game, you didn't get to see our offense because we only ran about 25 offensive plays before the starters came out.

• Like 1

I have been amazed by the lack of respect for Rusk as the season has gone along.  Not everyone obviously, but these kids are 9-2 now and completely dominated Pittsburg last night.  Melissa has been the trendy pick to make a run this year, but it could just as easily be Rusk.

I will take the Eagles again, and as 26 said, let them keep playing the underdog role.  It’s worked well for them so far.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, regaleagle said:

And now Eagleborn will get to see Melissa football......like they haven't been here before, Lol.  I got Melissa to go deep......so they should get thru this round no problem....IMHO.

Lol I ain’t going to this game. 

37 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Not to be arrogant but after watching Rusk on film if Melissa comes out hitting on all cylinders it could be a long night for Rusk. 

Hope you're hitting on all cylinders, we wouldn't want it any other way. You guys are underestimating these young men from Rusk. Nobody has beat us 28+ all year let alone 14. After watching Melissa, I don't think they're better than Jasper or Madisonville.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eagles26 said:

Hope you're hitting on all cylinders, we wouldn't want it any other way. You guys are underestimating these young men from Rusk. Nobody has beat us 28+ all year let alone 14. After watching Melissa, I don't think they're better than Jasper or Madisonville.

I'm not discrediting the your kids at all. I just know that if Melissa is on they are really dang good. Also Melissa's starters have only played two full games all year.  Typically the starts are pulled in the 3qt.

18 minutes ago, RedRed said:

I'm not discrediting the your kids at all. I just know that if Melissa is on they are really dang good. Also Melissa's starters have only played two full games all year.  Typically the starts are pulled in the 3qt.

I understand what you're saying. You should have confidence in your kid, as we do. I'm expecting a good game against a good team, our kids will be ready. We just got 2 of our better players back against Pitt, that didn't play in district. The game got ugly fast last night so they didn't play much at all.