Rusk vs Melissa

RedRed

On 11/18/2017 at 11:10 AM, Eagles26 said:

We expect to play tough teams at this time of year. We also gladly accept the underdog role, as we have all season. Our kids will be fired up and ready to play, getting blown out won't happen. If you were at the Pitt game, you didn't get to see our offense because we only ran about 25 offensive plays before the starters came out.

Dont forget pitts best player..the qb didnt play..makes a big difference 

3 hours ago, Eagle1875 said:

It probably would have made a big difference, but #2 Jaylon Jimmerson played the entire game against Rusk.

After playing both of y'all.....I thought yalls QB was just as good of an athlete as Jimmerson was. Rusk has impressed me this year. Very talented football team.

I just can't believe the hype at this point. Melissa floored a Dallas Lincoln team that lost to Ferris. I just can't find much in that to suggest they will be any better than I thought they were. Rusk however, beat a pretty solid Pitt team, handily. Pitt has depth issues, but Pitt has some big, physical players. Their receivers are big bodies, and the QB can move. Should give you an idea of what you're up against. I'm picking Rusk by 10. This will be Melissa's chance to prove to me how good they are. 

11 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I just can't believe the hype at this point. Melissa floored a Dallas Lincoln team that lost to Ferris. I just can't find much in that to suggest they will be any better than I thought they were. Rusk however, beat a pretty solid Pitt team, handily. Pitt has depth issues, but Pitt has some big, physical players. Their receivers are big bodies, and the QB can move. Should give you an idea of what you're up against. I'm picking Rusk by 10. This will be Melissa's chance to prove to me how good they are. 

Let's not forget Melissa beat Celina by 21 and should have been 28. Argyle only beat Celina by 15 and Argyle could not stop Celinas qb from running which Melissa stoned him. Melissa also gave up 0 passing yards to Celina. Not saying this proves anything, but Celina went toe to toe with the #2 team in 4a d1 and only lost by 15 and again Melissa beat Celina by 21.

18 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Let's not forget Melissa beat Celina by 21 and should have been 28. Argyle only beat Celina by 15 and Argyle could not stop Celinas qb from running which Melissa stoned him. Melissa also gave up 0 passing yards to Celina. Not saying this proves anything, but Celina went toe to toe with the #2 team in 4a d1 and only lost by 15 and again Melissa beat Celina by 21.

In the same breath, you could make an argument about how both Celina and Melissa lost to LC, who went to Gilmer the week after both, and took a beating they will never forget (I was there). Gilmer played sloppier that game than any other I have seen them in this season (I've seen them 3 times), and they beat LC 60-7. 

I'm just saying, I will believe in Melissa a lot more when they beat Rusk. I'm not impressed with Celina either. I don't think they will come within 3 TDs of Jasper. But, one thing is certain, I will be here if I'm wrong to eat my crow. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

In the same breath, you could make an argument about how both Celina and Melissa lost to LC, who went to Gilmer the week after both, and took a beating they will never forget (I was there). Gilmer played sloppier that game than any other I have seen them in this season (I've seen them 3 times), and they beat LC 60-7. 

I'm just saying, I will believe in Melissa a lot more when they beat Rusk. I'm not impressed with Celina either. I don't think they will come within 3 TDs of Jasper. But, one thing is certain, I will be here if I'm wrong to eat my crow. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again. LC had 7 starters out against Gilmer. You can't have 1 or 2 starters out and beat Gilmer much less 7.

Man, it's been a long time since I could come on Smoaky and see people picking Rusk to win a second round playoff game!!! Proud of my hometown boys, hope they can keep it going!!!

I posted earlier in this thread that I read about Melissa being the sleeper in the region and how they were the "Darlings" but I can see Rusk taking that crown from them this week with a big win... Good luck to the boys, hopefully I find my way down 287 and in the stands!

5 hours ago, RedRed said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. LC had 7 starters out against Gilmer. You can't have 1 or 2 starters out and beat Gilmer much less 7.

I'm not sure which starters, but they only had 1 division 1 prospect missing that game (RB). I know, because I went just to see those particular players. LC was supposed to be this talent ridden team. They looked really bad.