Rusk vs Melissa

RedRed

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

PG was missing some players and beat Gilmer. 

People are so quick to pull that card. 2 years ago, Atlanta was missing 8 starters against L-E, and played them to the whistle. Ended up being a 1 point game in L-E's favor. I think both teams went 4 rounds deep that year.

20 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm not sure which starters, but they only had 1 division 1 prospect missing that game (RB). I know, because I went just to see those particular players. LC was supposed to be this talent ridden team. They looked really bad. 

Ok cool you are right LC beat Melissa and Gilmer destroyed LC, so we have no chance. Although we are starting numerous sophmores who played their first varsity game against LC including our qb, but I seriously doubt they have gotten any better. I mean our sophmore qb has only thrown for 2600 yards, 800 rushing yards and 32 tds this year. I doubt he has gotten any better along with the other young guys since week 0.

14 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Ok cool you are right LC beat Melissa and Gilmer destroyed LC, so we have no chance. Although we are starting numerous sophmores who played their first varsity game against LC including our qb, but I seriously doubt they have gotten any better. I mean our sophmore qb has only thrown for 2600 yards, 800 rushing yards and 32 tds this year. I doubt he has gotten any better along with the other young guys since week 0.

Look, you're branching way off. You are the person that brought up past opponents, and who beat who. I'm just stating a common opponent. 

It's a great opportunity for this year's Rusk team to move forward in the playoffs.......don't get me wrong.  It's great to hear all the support for this team from the fans, I really respect that.  I wish you all a very special Thanksgiving this year, and regardless which team wins this game both teams were able to carry themselves to a Thanksgiving  week game and a very successful season.  The best part is that the school, the parents, and the community get to experience it also.  Nowhere else but Texas High School Football.

• Like 1

I think it's wonderful that the UIL arranged it to where twice as many teams can say they played after Thanksgiving. 

I think Rusk takes this one. I may be underestimating the Melissa QB, who may well be a future Heisman winner from the hype. Sounds like Melissa has found a Stump Godfrey. If that's true, you may make it all the way to the state final, as that's what Stump's team did when he was a sophomore.

I hope Rusk wins, but my cousin coaches in Aubrey and he said Melissa is for real. If it’s close at the end, I’m taking Melissa to win. I just think the deeper Rusk gets in the playoffs their lack of numbers and all the starters that go both ways will slow them down and cause them to lose. Rusk has the talent to be really good, but need all those guys that didn’t play this year, to make a run.

Rooting for my Cherokee County brothers ... Melissa is for real ... but Rusk is scrappy on defense.

A lot will depend on M's understanding of how to attack the R version of the Desert Swarm Defense.

They will probably have never seen it in action (especially this version) and it requires some rethinking of the standard look.

Game Day ... the hay is in the barn ... flip the coin and strike a match.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alto44 said:

I hope Rusk wins, but my cousin coaches in Aubrey and he said Melissa is for real. If it’s close at the end, I’m taking Melissa to win. I just think the deeper Rusk gets in the playoffs their lack of numbers and all the starters that go both ways will slow them down and cause them to lose. Rusk has the talent to be really good, but need all those guys that didn’t play this year, to make a run.

I wouldn't expect an Alto fan to think Rusk would win. I get it, it's hard to do!

3 hours ago, Eagles26 said:

I wouldn't expect an Alto fan to think Rusk would win. I get it, it's hard to do!

Me being from Alto doesn’t mean anything, people like you are the reason no one likes Rusk. I have good friends with kids on the team, I just live in the real world and don’t drink the kool aid after one good season and 1 playoff win, since who knows when.

54 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

Me being from Alto doesn’t mean anything, people like you are the reason no one likes Rusk. I have good friends with kids on the team, I just live in the real world and don’t drink the kool aid after one good season and 1 playoff win, since who knows when.

Dang....Zero to Hostile in 1.2 seconds.  Dont think eagles26 was trying to hurt your little feelings just kinda pointing out the rivalry between Rusk and Alto. Just for clarification there are some people that like Rusk. 

15 minutes ago, Eagle1875 said:

Dang....Zero to Hostile in 1.2 seconds.  Dont think eagles26 was trying to hurt your little feelings just kinda pointing out the rivalry between Rusk and Alto. Just for clarification there are some people that like Rusk. 

Don’t worry about my little feelings, what rivalry are you talking about. We’ve only played twice in 40 or 50 years. You need to me worried about Melissa, and I’ll be at the game so I guess your right not everyone hates Rusk.

11 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

Don’t worry about my little feelings, what rivalry are you talking about. We’ve only played twice in 40 or 50 years. You need to me worried about Melissa, and I’ll be at the game so I guess your right not everyone hates Rusk.

I will be there also rooting on those Rusk Eagles. Stay sensitive my friend. 

3 hours ago, Alto44 said:

What real world is that you're living in? Typical Rusk joke about the past 10 years, you can live in the past if you want, but everybody else is living in the present. Btw, Alto hasn't been dominant since what 09 or since the Mitchell crew!!

50 minutes ago, Eagles26 said:

What real world is that you're living in? Typical Rusk joke about the past 10 years, you can live in the past if you want, but everybody else is living in the present. Btw, Alto has been dominant since what 09 or since the Mitchell crew!!

Has or hasn't???

You have no idea about Alto or the Mitchell’s, Alto has only missed the playoffs one time in over 30 years. So what world are you living in, I think it’s great that Rusk is doing well again, but you are the one who put Alto in your mouth. We have had a few down years lately, but we aren’t going to take 8 or 9 years to fix the problem. You guys haven’t made it past the second round of the playoffs since 02,  so please think before you type. When was the last district title???? Now if you want to talk about Rusk this year,  we can or we can talk about Rusks playoff record of 9 wins to 19 losses. 

6 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

You have no idea about Alto or the Mitchell’s, Alto has only missed the playoffs one time in over 30 years. So what world are you living in, I think it’s great that Rusk is doing well again, but you are the one who pu Alto in your mouth. We have had a few down years lately, but we aren’t going to take 8 or 9 years to fix the problem. You guys haven’t made it past the second round of the playoffs since 95, so please think before you type. When was the last district title???? Now if you want to talk about Rusk this year,  we can or we can talk about Rusks playoff record of 9 wins to 19 losses. 

You are wrong on a lot of stuff there my friend, Rusk has been pass the playoffs since 95 check your facts. I'm not against you guys at all, go back and check the Alto threads I picked y'all in every game except one(Rusk). My point was I didn't expect an Alto fan to pick Rusk to win the game and I stand by that. Also, It's already year 7 maybe 8. 

34 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Has or hasn't???

Has been dominant in the regular season. Hasn't in the playoffs. Will that work? It's not about Alto and Rusk, I will continue to support you guys against everybody, but Rusk! 603 we already discussed this weeks ago, too much family not to pull for each other.

3 minutes ago, Eagles26 said:

You are wrong on a lot of stuff there my friend, Rusk has been pass the playoffs since 95 check your facts. I'm not against you guys at all, go back and check the Alto threads I picked y'all in every game except one(Rusk). My point was I didn't expect an Alto fan to pick Rusk to win the game and I stand by that. Also, It's already year 7 maybe 8. 

Your right I missed 02 season when yaw got stomped in the third round. We won district in 15, so maybe you should check the facts. It’s year five I believe, and had a district title and some playoff victories in those five.

5 minutes ago, Eagles26 said:

Has been dominant in the regular season. Hasn't in the playoffs. Will that work? It's not about Alto and Rusk, I will continue to support you guys when against everybody, but Rusk! 603 we already discussed this weeks ago, too much family not to pull for each other.

Your right we can talk basketball after to night.

i just think Melissa will be too much, other than I could care less, rusk fan base and alto fan base is complete opposite imo alto doesn't disappear win or lose rusk on other hand if losing like the past 9 years have been sitting at the house now that they have something going they jumping on the wagon.......and I'm not talking about you eagles26 I know you've been there thru it all the kids on that field r prolly there because of yours and few others help.....but that's why I grew tired of the rusk fans....

1 minute ago, Cherokee603 said:

i just think Melissa will be too much, other than I could care less, rusk fan base and alto fan base is complete opposite imo alto doesn't disappear win or lose rusk on other hand if losing like the past 9 years have been sitting at the house now that they have something going they jumping on the wagon.......and I'm not talking about you eagles26 I know you've been there thru it all the kids on that field r prolly there because of yours and few others help.....but that's why I grew tired of the rusk fans....

I have to agree with you it's sad, but it happens. Drives me crazy, but it's been that way.