FCS Playoffs

Coach0001

SAM vs U. of South Dakota, Saturday December 2nd, Bowers Stadium on Huntsville, TX. Should be a shootout. If SAM wins, they'll played Jacksonville State U in Alabama next week. 

U. of Central Arkansas vs New Hampshire. Same day. 

Nicholls State lost to USD this past weekend by 7pts. They fumbled on the USD one-yard line with under a minute left in the game. 

Let's go SLC!!! Eat 'em up Kats!!!! 

13 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

I watched game I think we win this one 

I also think JSU could lose to Kennesaw and have us back home the next week

Yea, I think it might be a shootout that we'll win. Hope our D shows up. And Briscoe has a good game (he's been off this season). 

It'd be nice to have a home game at Bowers. But, it'd also be nice to go back to JSU and "upset" them in their house 😉

On 11/29/2017 at 12:16 PM, TTman7 said:

Yea, I think it might be a shootout that we'll win. Hope our D shows up. And Briscoe has a good game (he's been off this season). 

It'd be nice to have a home game at Bowers. But, it'd also be nice to go back to JSU and "upset" them in their house 😉

Agreed and going to try and be there and see that if it happens

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, topher805 said:

New Hampshire beats UCA. Kennesaw State upsets Jacksonville State. Sam blew a big lead and is now in a shootout. Sammy led 41-14. Score now 51-42...

Game over. Sam wins 54-42. Sam will play Kennesaw State in Huntsville next week. Eat'em up Kats!!! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Coach, how is/was the crowd? 

Disgraceful! most of were 40-60 year old alumni about 5000 or so of us like that. Students 21,000 enrollment and there were maybe 500-700? 

I am just guessing total crowd including about 300-400 South Dakota fans at around 6,000 maybe 6500

Its insane at Sept game against Nichols State we had 12,500

Only one Greek Fraternity with letters inside!

Bearkat Alley tailgate SHSU does a great job with free food and free beverages including free adult ones!  

This Saturday is 7:30 Kickoff Graduation at 2:30 last time they said this happened we had over 12,000 I hope so again 

On football notes I have no idea who changes jerseys with our players and came out the second half?

We looked crisp on BOTH sides of the ball in the first half 500 yards of offense Defense doing and adequate job

Very puzzling

18 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Sorry. This upcoming Saturday. Lufkin/Longview will outdraw Sam/KSU. SFA/Rice in basketball might even have a higher attendance. 

Longview and Lufkin I am sure will be huge crowd 

I dnk about the hoops game but we shall see.

Its a shame that our best turnout each year for the annual victory over SFA at NRG 

3 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Disgraceful! most of were 40-60 year old alumni about 5000 or so of us like that. Students 21,000 enrollment and there were maybe 500-700? 

I am just guessing total crowd including about 300-400 South Dakota fans at around 6,000 maybe 6500

Its insane at Sept game against Nichols State we had 12,500

Only one Greek Fraternity with letters inside!

Bearkat Alley tailgate SHSU does a great job with free food and free beverages including free adult ones!  

This Saturday is 7:30 Kickoff Graduation at 2:30 last time they said this happened we had over 12,000 I hope so again 

On football notes I have no idea who changes jerseys with our players and came out the second half?

We looked crisp on BOTH sides of the ball in the first half 500 yards of offense Defense doing and adequate job

Very puzzling

The boxscore said attendance was 4,401. That's pathetic!!!! 

Yea, I was at the Nichols game too. Huge crowd. It's was family weekend at Sam. 

I was at the playoff game last year against either Colgate or SUU and it was on graduation day. The crowd was so-so as far as I recall. 

The administration HAS GOT TO figure something out to put student's butts in the seats. It's disheartening in my opinion. 

On 12/3/2017 at 2:58 PM, TTman7 said:

The boxscore said attendance was 4,401. That's pathetic!!!! 

Yea, I was at the Nichols game too. Huge crowd. It's was family weekend at Sam. 

I was at the playoff game last year against either Colgate or SUU and it was on graduation day. The crowd was so-so as far as I recall. 

The administration HAS GOT TO figure something out to put student's butts in the seats. It's disheartening in my opinion. 

See yah there Sat TT?