Texas officials “frown” on bowl game with A&M

Mr. P

Texas officials “frown” on bowl game with A&M  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should UT and A&M play in a bowl game?

• Yes, both sides need to stop being babies and play each other.
    • No, neither side gains anything from resurrecting this rivalry.

Sorry Y'all. Kinda got off track there. Slipped some Simply Sleep in Kirt's tapioca pudding to calm him down.

I'd like to see a A&M/UT bowl game. It won't happen. There's no benefit for either team, only drawbacks.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Just don't care for it. Just wanna get this season over with and get a new coach. Potentially winning a decent bowl game doesn't make it any better than finding a new HC. Heck I just want see the Ags beat Freaking Lsu. I already know they can beat texas.

In your dreams ...:woot:

40 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

Sorry Y'all. Kinda got off track there. Slipped some Simply Sleep in Kirt's tapioca pudding to calm him down.

I'd like to see a A&M/UT bowl game. It won't happen. There's no benefit for either team, only drawbacks.

No benefit????  Bragging rights...scoreboard (27-25 still hurts I bet).....recruiting within the state.....would prolly be one of the highest rated bowl games with that matchup.

the only drawbacks there’d be is if you lost.  So now the  sec isn’t just scared.   the Aggies are too???    Noooo..,anytime, anywhere...remember??????

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Just don't care for it. Just wanna get this season over with and get a new coach. Potentially winning a decent bowl game doesn't make it any better than finding a new HC. Heck I just want see the Ags beat Freaking Lsu. I already know they can beat texas.:woot:

History shows they can beat Texas

about 30% of the time

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I swear, if UT and A&M played in a bowl, the ratings may be higher than any other non playoff bowl game.  Can you imagine UT/A&M in the El Paso Jimmy John’s Corn Dog bowl with a 10+ rating?!?!? :rofl:

I’ve seen it twice here.  “Just don’t care for it......but we’d beat Texas”.

27-25, happy Thanksgiving

• LOL! 1

53 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

No benefit????  Bragging rights...scoreboard (27-25 still hurts I bet).....recruiting within the state.....would prolly be one of the highest rated bowl games with that matchup.

the only drawbacks there’d be is if you lost.  So now the  sec isn’t just scared.   the Aggies are too???    Noooo..,anytime, anywhere...remember??????

UT won the last ever game. How's those bragging rights been working? Looks like National Longhorn got moved from May 7 (5-7) to June 6 (6-6). Hasn't hurt A&Ms in state recruiting. Now the bowl matchup ratings I can agree on. What drawbacks has A&M gone through since they lost that last game to UT? Two teams headed in opposite directions. Two fired coaches. One new hopeful savior. Sumlin's at least 26 games over .500 during his time. Sherman had things on the uptick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

UT won the last ever game. How's those bragging rights been working? Looks like National Longhorn got moved from May 7 (5-7) to June 6 (6-6). Hasn't hurt A&Ms in state recruiting. Now the bowl matchup ratings I can agree on. What drawbacks has A&M gone through since they lost that last game to UT? Two teams headed in opposite directions. Two fired coaches. One new hopeful savior. Sumlin's at least 26 games over .500 during his time. Sherman had things on the uptick.

Hahaha he still thinks anyone cares about a game that happened 6 years ago?!

No wonder he's.... the kind of person he is... It all makes sense now! The best part is how he'll inevitably follow reply to my posts that aren't addressed to him even though he knows I'm ignoring his posts. I guess some grown men just have no self control on such issues.

• LOL! 1

Fake news...:lol::lol:

C'mon guys! This guy asked someone with the Longhorns if they wanted to play the Aggies in a bowl game, and this person ( could have been Herman or could have been a student trainer) said probably not. 

I'd love to see the rivalry come back as an early game on the schedule. But I'm not opposed to playing on Thanksgiving again. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Fake news...:lol::lol:

C'mon guys! This guy asked someone with the Longhorns if they wanted to play the Aggies in a bowl game, and this person ( could have been Herman or could have been a student trainer) said probably not. 

I'd love to see the rivalry come back as an early game on the schedule. But I'm not opposed to playing on Thanksgiving again. 

Right?! This thread gets made every chance people get. It feels like fans of other teams (and those who think people care about a game that happened 6 years ago LMAO) care about the game far more than we do. We're getting to play new, fresh teams and so are you guys. That's good enough for us. 

2 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

Are the Aggies still sawing the varsity’s horns off?  It’s still a rivalry and fun to talk smack.  Like i said twice two separate posters (both Aggies) have said the wouldn’t want the game but would beat Texas.  Who knows?  If they don’t play the game nobody does.  It doesn’t matter though the sec will keep it from happening.  

Two opposite directions?  Last i checked the idea is to win football games.  Always has been always will be about winning football games.  

The drawbacks of lising the possible matchup is instate recruiting, fan bases all #### off they lost to a rival, etc

and those bragging rights are good, most Aggies don’t like being reminded

53 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hahaha he still thinks anyone cares about a game that happened 6 years ago?!

No wonder he's.... the kind of person he is... It all makes sense now!

You don’t know what kind of person i am, i don’t know what kind of person you are.  I like to pick and joke with Aggies because most of them do just like you and blow up with personal attacks, show their and lose their mind.  It’s extremely funny.  

Hapoy thanksgiving you aggie

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Right?! This thread gets made every chance people get. It feels like fans of other teams (and those who think people care about a game that happened 6 years ago LMAO) care about the game far more than we do. We're getting to play new, fresh teams and so are you guys. That's good enough for us. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Are the Aggies still sawing the varsity’s horns off?  It’s still a rivalry and fun to talk smack.  Like i said twice two separate posters (both Aggies) have said the wouldn’t want the game but would beat Texas.  Who knows?  If they don’t play the game nobody does.  It doesn’t matter though the sec will keep it from happening.  

Two opposite directions?  Last i checked the idea is to win football games.  Always has been always will be about winning football games.  

The drawbacks of lising the possible matchup is instate recruiting, fan bases all #### off they lost to a rival, etc

and those bragging rights are good, most Aggies don’t like being reminded

Why brag about that one game and not the overall series record? I usually tell my A&M buddies "76-37-5" Lol I'll tell you this much, I could care less about that 27-25 game now. It was fun for the few years after because everything was still fresh, but both teams weren't even that good!! I'm just waiting for the day when we don't have to have Vince Young running in the endzone against USC on our preseason highlight videos anymore lol.

I strongly dislike Texas A&M just like every UT person out there, but it's been 6 years since that last game. Hell, every one of my closest friends are Aggie grads. They know I'm a diehard Longhorn, and I like to think that we refrain from getting in clashes over bragging rights and this and that, but to be honest... nobody cares. And it will stay like that until both teams play each other on a year to year basis. Even a bowl game won't even bring out the tradition it use too

• Thanks 1

Why just the last game?  While the entire series has been dominated by Texas, the last one was special because it was the sendoff.  The Aggies pretty much gave Texas the finger walking out the door so CASE MCCOY and the horns sent them on the road with a loss.  Didn’t the showband of the southwest play “thanks for the memories”????  That was classy.  

I’ve always pulled for the Texas teams, including the Aggies.  It’s just getting easier to not to now days.   I used to think different, but the game should be played.  The win would create an upward trajectory for the winner, both sides could use that.  Like many have said, there’s no reason not to now

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Why brag about that one game and not the overall series record? I usually tell my A&M buddies "76-37-5" Lol I'll tell you this much, I could care less about that 27-25 game now. It was fun for the few years after because everything was still fresh, but both teams weren't even that good!! I'm just waiting for the day when we don't have to have Vince Young running in the endzone against USC on our preseason highlight videos anymore lol.

I strongly dislike Texas A&M just like every UT person out there, but it's been 6 years since that last game. Hell, every one of my closest friends are Aggie grads. They know I'm a diehard Longhorn, and I like to think that we refrain from getting in clashes over bragging rights and this and that, but to be honest... nobody cares. And it will stay like that until both teams play each other on a year to year basis. Even a bowl game won't even bring out the tradition it use too

There's so much this. Time has dampened the rivalry. There are HS recruits now that don't remember seeing A&M/UT play. That one game from 6 years ago means more to some silver hairs then it ever will to the kids. A bowl game might peak the kids interest a little bit but not to the levels of hate that made this a great rivalry.

• Like 3

I'd like to see them play every year in the Turkey Bowl, since that's how they're acting.  Since they won't and both teams are still not playing at a high level they should play in either the Texas Bowl, The Alamo Bowl, Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl, Sun Bowl, or Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl.  It would be a sell out, and it would get high ratings in Texas.  What I don't get is why is there a Zaxby's Bowl in Texas.  I've only seen one of those restaurants in Texas.  It should be the Whataburger Bowl or Frito's Bowl.