mascot names

lionpride08

On November 27, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Golfingnut said:

Loved watching their mascot with the full headdress at their homecoming game. I'm surprised politics hasn't caught up with PNG and forced them to change their mascot. I thought it was awesome!

It must be a big time secret that only the coach and players know. Whatever the reason, they are pretty darn successful over the last 40+ years.

The mascot, twirlers and Indianettes (sp?) outfits are awesome.  I think there's been something said about their mascot several times but they ignore it.  Evadale has the same problem with Rebels.  Last I heard, there were only six schools in Texas still using Rebels as their mascot.  Wonder how many in 1965?

Back to the Indians, I'd be willing to bet a big majority of real Indians don't have a problem, or take pride in it.  Got a few wanting to stir up poo, and they get all the headlines.  School wants their mascot to be something brave or feared.  Not a sand crab.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 7:42 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Never understood why in the world Graham came up with Steers. That’s just embarrassing. You’re basically saying your boys are castrated. I don’t know what they call the girls. Lady Steers is a no go. To be technical the would have to be called the Graham Freemartins. Freemartins are sterile female heifers. They should’ve just stuck with something normal. 

I think girls teams are the Lady Blues in Graham.

i know this is college I am gonna day here but I went to Tarleton and the men’s teams are the Texans and the girls are the Texanns I always thought that was dumb. Why aren’t thy just the Texans too. I know many women from Texas and they are just Texans. 

On 11/23/2017 at 11:38 PM, westtexas said:

Amarillo Golden Sandstorm (Sandies)

Amarillo Palo Duro Dons

Lubbock Westerners

Highland Park Fighting Scots

Pampa Harvesters

Shamrock Irish

Wellington Skyrockets

Vanderbilt Industrial Cobras

San Saba Armadillos

Stratford Elks

Dumas Demons (can't think of another team with this mascot)

Hereford Whitefaces

Sundown Roughnecks

Spearman Lynx

West Texas Comanches

Booker Kiowas

El Paso Jefferson Silver Foxes

Graham Lady Blues

The jv at Wellington are the firecrackers and the jr high are the sparklers.

On 11/27/2017 at 7:42 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Never understood why in the world Graham came up with Steers. That’s just embarrassing. You’re basically saying your boys are castrated. I don’t know what they call the girls. Lady Steers is a no go. To be technical the would have to be called the Graham Freemartins. Freemartins are sterile female heifers. They should’ve just stuck with something normal. 

Creativity, they could have been the Graham Crackers :woot:

• 2 weeks later...