Newton vs West Rusk

NewtonNation

Who wins?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Holding Newton to 21. Good luck on that. They haven’t been held under 40 points all season and I doubt they do all season. West Rusk’s best bet is to score over 40 to win this game. 

The boys will come out to play no matter what PAPER stats say .. don’t get the big head newton and don’t underestimate the WR Raiders .. They’re are coming to play on Friday and defend that field like it’s their own!🤷🏽‍♀️💯

Do not even compare this years Newton bunch to last years.  The difference is coaching!  They are well coached and it shows.  I agree WR deserves to be here and will put up a fight.  I just think they are about to be in a battle that they just do not understand yet!   

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Man you are underestimating some good teams that are still left in the playoffs besides us. Gunter, Lexington, Canadian, East Bernard, Sonora, Tidehaven.... None of those teams have a chance either right? Not even the undefeated defending State Champions Gunter? Lol what a joke!! 

I never said that teams do not have a chance? Please show me where i have mentioned this? All the teams that YOU mentioned above though; no, i do not think that they will have what it takes either. All of them will need to score over 40 points to win. You will just have to find out yourself this Friday. You may be agreeing with me come Saturday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

I never said that teams do not have a chance? Please show me where i have mentioned this? All the teams that YOU mentioned above though; no, i do not think that they will have what it takes either. All of them will need to score over 40 points to win. You will just have to find out yourself this Friday. You may be agreeing with me come Saturday. 

Gunter will be tough to beat for sure, if yall advance past WR then I hope yall get to battle them in the SC game that would be a war

One thing everyone forgets is that Newton has a lot more depth, Newton has more players and more players alternating In and out .. rarely does Newton need to have players play both ways . I doubt WR has the same depth . Newton also has a deadly no huddle offense that will Wear out any defense. You will see a tired defensive unit for West Rusk , the Eagles have just about perfected the no huddle over the course of the season 

1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

West Rusk....because they beat ND in pre-district and because Nick is a ND supporter 😁😁😁

Nick is right TT, WR has a sound team this year but, I think it'll be a 42-35 game going either way! Every single team in the playoffs now has a chance to beat anyone 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, WaskomFan said:

Nick is right TT, WR has a sound team this year but, I think it'll be a 42-35 game going either way! Every single team in the playoffs now has a chance to beat anyone 

After watching many Newton games this year and many others I think Newton could definitely play with any 4A team still in playoffs.  Laugh if you want .. bring your sacks if your lining up against them all I got to say.. if you need a sack call JJ.. he already has some used ones..

1 minute ago, CACTUS1 said:

After watching many Newton games this year and many others I think Newton could definitely play with any 4A team still in playoffs.  Laugh if you want .. bring your sacks if your lining up against them all I got to say.. if you need a sack call JJ.. he already has some used ones..

If you all think newton could compete against wall or Brock or any 4A teams y'all are out of your minds, but I do think there the go ahead favorite in class 3A D2

8 minutes ago, WaskomFan said:

If you all think newton could compete against wall or Brock or any 4A teams y'all are out of your minds, but I do think there the go ahead favorite in class 3A D2

Newton has already put a beat down on 4A Div I Silsbee who is playing Carthage this week in the third round, and 4A Bridge City and 4A Diboll ...

Newton would beat Wall and/or Brock like a rented mule ... wouldn't even be close ...

Where did you go to school? ... Karnack?  You are clueless .... :woot:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

Newton has already put a beat down on 4A Div I Silsbee who is playing Carthage this week in the third round, and 4A Bridge City and 4A Diboll ...

Newton would beat Wall and/or Brock like a rented mule ... wouldn't even be close ...

Where did you go to school? ... Karnack?  You are clueless .... :woot:

Very interesting, I love your confidence hopefully newton won't choke like they have for the past 3 years! I will be going for D9 to go 2-0 this week but will be hard for both teams! both teams from D9 and D10 are crazy good teams good luck to all 

Just now, WaskomFan said:

Very interesting, I love your confidence hopefully newton won't choke like they have for the past 3 years! I will be going for D9 to go 2-0 this week but will be hard for both teams! both teams from D9 and D10 are crazy good teams good luck to all 

Just correcting your erroneous statements ...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Kirt, you better hope and pray Newton wins State this year because if they choke again you will have more crow to eat than any Newton fan on here! 

I'm not worried ... I have eaten crow a couple of times, but I'm right the vast majority of the time ...