New Diana 49 Jacksboro 48...Final

HTaylor

Who you got?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• New Diana
    • Jacksboro

1 minute ago, NDPATE said:

This is coming from the guy sharing advice on Nature Boys " dealing with negativity" thread. Lol.  Keep fueling the fire ol chap 😉

Yes, you are correct. I don't see the correlation. I made a prediction, got called out once, still didn't offer much info, and you  asked again so I told you why. What exactly do you take exception too?

3 minutes ago, OPC said:

Yes, you are correct. I don't see the correlation. I made a prediction, got called out once, still didn't offer much info, and you  asked again so I told you why. What exactly do you take exception too?

None taken.  I think our defense will surprise some folks again this coming week.  I do agree with you and think Jacksboro will no doubt be a beast to deal with. Hopefully our speed and agility on offense will prevail.  Defense MUST be on their A game. 

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What exactly is wrong asking people from other programs on ways to stem the growing tide on a very real problem. And a even bigger question is why would it be brought up on a ND Jacksboro thread?

Nothing at all, was a great thread with some great feed back. 

43 minutes ago, OPC said:

Ok then, they are better than you. They play defense better than you, they will control the clock and they will play keep away from you.

Nice season ND. 

If the ND defense that played Leonard shows up to play Jacksboro, then it'll be a great game. 

Also, ND ran ALOT versus Leonard and didn't rely on the passing game as usual. And were successful at it with multiple backs. If they can carry that over to the Jacksboro game it will also make it a better game. 

IMO, I think this will be a close game and come down to the last possession of the game. 

Let's go Eagles!!! 

#webelieve 

• Like 1

They are physical and wanna pound the ball. We didn't have the offense to come back from a 14-0 hole quite like Diana has. Your defense is either gonna have to make stops or get turnovers. If they can do that that'll take less pressure off your offense having to score every drive. If you can get out early on them that's great. Keep the pressure on them. Diana plays their game they can win. If you have to play Jacksboro ball it could be a rough night. 

27 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

They are physical and wanna pound the ball. We didn't have the offense to come back from a 14-0 hole quite like Diana has. Your defense is either gonna have to make stops or get turnovers. If they can do that that'll take less pressure off your offense having to score every drive. If you can get out early on them that's great. Keep the pressure on them. Diana plays their game they can win. If you have to play Jacksboro ball it could be a rough night. 

Thanks for the info. 

Y'all had a great season and should be commended for that. Congrats! 

I was really looking forward to a Blue Eagles vs Red Eagles match up this round. Hopefully we can get a measure of revenge for y'all. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NDPATE said:

If these young men play defense like they did last night against Leonard it's very possible.  There no doubt this team can put up the points.  Very proud of their effort and attitudes last night. 

Jacksboro is way better than Leonard.

Jacksboro has a stout Run D. They appeared to be vulnerable through the air. Harmony couldn't take advantage because of dropped passes and the absence of their best Receiver who got injured. I don' think either Defense will stop the other team. This one will be a shootout...

I watched the Harmony / Jacksboro game and was surprised at how improved Hacksboro was from last year.  They weren't near as big as Harmony on the front, but early on the dominated the LOS.  I really think Harmony under judges Jacksboro, because in the 2nd half after they were down 3TD's they were the better team in the 2nd half.  Jacksboro did have some trouble with Harmony' passing game, but they were more geared up to stop Harmony's run game.  I think Jacksboro will out physical ND and win this one.  28-17

On November 25, 2017 at 9:29 AM, GTAlumnus said:

I have not seen either team this year but I saw Jacksboro last year and they are much better this year.  I don't believe ND will be able to stop Jacksboro's running game and physical brand of offensive football.  The question is, can Jacksboro slow down  ND's passing game?

Jacksboro beat a Harmony team that I believe was better than ND.

Jacksboro 35 New Diana 21

Saw jacksboro / harmony. Jacksboro was very physical on both sides of the ball.  They run the wing-t, double wing. New Diana  can sling it as well as anyone. Hope it's a great game 

Never seen a live game between these two teams lately.  I have seen the film, looked at stats, have a little info on one's defense against the other's offense.  Several have already mentioned the physical aspect of Jacksboro.  I believe New Diana has good speed and can throw the ball well.  That is not good for a team that looks to bust you in the mouth every play.  Jacksboro is a good defensive football team and they have some headhunters.  New Diana has an accurate passer, good receivers with a knack for yardage after the catch.  With that being said and Jacksboro running a defensible offense, give me New Diana in a 37-30 type ball game.  Today's game at just about any level depends on yardage after the initial hit. Even though Jacksboro's hits may be harder to recover from, I still think that the speed and the passing game that New Diana possesses could be the difference maker.  Should be a great game.  The next week will be interesting as well because the winner will probably play Gunter. 

• Like 2

13 point advantage New Diana.  I like that, but can they put 47 points in that Jacksboro defense? Wouldn’t 20-7 be more in line?  Still 13 points and scoring 2TD’s and a couple FG’s?  

Im just an outside observer looking in.  I think New Diana has too much speed for those big Jacksboro boys.  However they will demand respect and it could turn into a “Slobber Knocker”. May turn into a 13-6 ballgame with ND on top.  

Interesting contest.

• Like 1

Last week, I predicted Harmony would beat Jacksboro 35-14.  I got it very wrong.  By my metric, Jacksboro played their best game against Harmony and Harmony played their worst game.  More accurately, either Jacksboro played their best game of the season - forcing Harmony into their worst, or vice versa.  It's hard to say.  In either case, Jacksboro did something they hadn't done all year in that game, and that is score.  Specifically, score considerably more points than the defense they are facing normally allows.  Coming into that game, Jacksboro had averaged 35.5 ppg, but against defenses that were normally allowing 29.5 ppg.  They weren't taking much more from defenses than they normally give.  This obviously changed in the Harmony game where Jacksboro put up 42 on a defense that gives up 8.3 ppg - and hearing about this game, it doesn't appear that there were a bunch of turnovers or fluke scores.  Jacksboro outright, fair and square, ran it down Harmony's throat.  If that doesn't wake New Diana up, I don't know what will. 

New Diana had a similar trend-breaking game against Leonard.  They had done something they hadn't done all year either and that is hold a team to significantly less than they are used to scoring.  Again, going into that game against Leonard, New Diana was allowing 33.7 ppg to teams that average 30.2 ppg.  They weren't doing ANYTHING to stop teams.  Teams were getting what they normally get on average, and even more than that on average.  Yet, they held a Leonard team averaging 34.6 ppg to just 8, and that 8 very well could have come during garbage time.  If that doesn't wake Jacksboro up, I don't know what will.

That's what makes this one interesting to me.  Which New Diana defense is going to show up?  The one from last week, or the one from the rest of the year who gives teams whatever they want and more?  Which Jacksboro offense is going to show up?  The one from last week or the one from the rest of the year who scores marginally more than what teams usually give up anyway?  Outside of last week, each team's strength is the other's Achilles' heel.

Here are some numbers and predictions :  

Considering the stats from all games played, pre-district, district and playoffs, I've got Jacksboro with a slight edge, 39-33.  If each team plays one of their best games, I've got Jacksboro in a toss-up, 34-32.  If each team plays one of their worst, Jacksboro wins, 47-33.  If we get Jacksboro's best game and New Diana's worst, Jacksboro takes it, 68-30.  New Diana's best vs Jacksboro's worst, New Diana with the win, 50-20.  These last two I consider the "range of possibilities" based on each team's best and worst games of the year so far.

Considering only district games, I get Jacksboro in a 43-35 win.  Considering only playoff games (this is still a small sample size of two each), I get Jacksboro winning, 38-19.  If each team plays like they did last week in their trend-breaking games,  I get Jacksboro in a close one, 28-21.  Last, since each team averages over 30 ppg, I like to see how each team does against opponents who average more than 30 ppg, and considering only these games, I get Jacksboro winning 44-27.

I think a variable that my numbers cannot account for is how Jacksboro's defense will handle New Diana's passing attack.  That said, my final prediction on this one is going to be Jacksboro with a 42-28 win.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pax said:

Last week, I predicted Harmony would beat Jacksboro 35-14.  I got it very wrong.  By my metric, Jacksboro played their best game against Harmony and Harmony played their worst game.  More accurately, either Jacksboro played their best game of the season - forcing Harmony into their worst, or vice versa.  It's hard to say.  In either case, Jacksboro did something they hadn't done all year in that game, and that is score.  Specifically, score considerably more points than the defense they are facing normally allows.  Coming into that game, Jacksboro had averaged 35.5 ppg, but against defenses that were normally allowing 29.5 ppg.  They weren't taking much more from defenses than they normally give.  This obviously changed in the Harmony game where Jacksboro put up 42 on a defense that gives up 8.3 ppg - and hearing about this game, it doesn't appear that there were a bunch of turnovers or fluke scores.  Jacksboro outright, fair and square, ran it down Harmony's throat.  If that doesn't wake New Diana up, I don't know what will. 

New Diana had a similar trend-breaking game against Leonard.  They had done something they hadn't done all year either and that is hold a team to significantly less than they are used to scoring.  Again, going into that game against Leonard, New Diana was allowing 33.7 ppg to teams that average 30.2 ppg.  They weren't doing ANYTHING to stop teams.  Teams were getting what they normally get on average, and even more than that on average.  Yet, they held a Leonard team averaging 34.6 ppg to just 8, and that 8 very well could have come during garbage time.  If that doesn't wake Jacksboro up, I don't know what will.

That's what makes this one interesting to me.  Which New Diana defense is going to show up?  The one from last week, or the one from the rest of the year who gives teams whatever they want and more?  Which Jacksboro offense is going to show up?  The one from last week or the one from the rest of the year who scores marginally more than what teams usually give up anyway?  Outside of last week, each team's strength is the other's Achilles' heel.

Here are some numbers and predictions :  

Considering the stats from all games played, pre-district, district and playoffs, I've got Jacksboro with a slight edge, 39-33.  If each team plays one of their best games, I've got Jacksboro in a toss-up, 34-32.  If each team plays one of their worst, Jacksboro wins, 47-33.  If we get Jacksboro's best game and New Diana's worst, Jacksboro takes it, 68-30.  New Diana's best vs Jacksboro's worst, New Diana with the win, 50-20.  These last two I consider the "range of possibilities" based on each team's best and worst games of the year so far.

Considering only district games, I get Jacksboro in a 43-35 win.  Considering only playoff games (this is still a small sample size of two each), I get Jacksboro winning, 38-19.  If each team plays like they did last week in their trend-breaking games,  I get Jacksboro in a close one, 28-21.  Last, since each team averages over 30 ppg, I like to see how each team does against opponents who average more than 30 ppg, and considering only these games, I get Jacksboro winning 44-27.

I think a variable that my numbers cannot account for is how Jacksboro's defense will handle New Diana's passing attack.  That said, my final prediction on this one is going to be Jacksboro with a 42-28 win.

Thanks Pax. Incredible in your analysis and very well appreciated by all.

I'm a ND fan so I hope you're wrong, lol.