Melissa Vs Gilmer

RedRed

Gilmer. Melissa’s schedule is suspect. I know Melissa has improved this year, but they would have to improve a Lot since they lost to Gilmer last year 55-6. One common opponent this year was Argyle Liberty Christian:

Melissa lost 21-7

Gilmer won 60-7

Could be a shootout, but just don’t think Melissa can handle Gilmer’s offense.

30 minutes ago, buckeyebob said:

Is there anyone else on here that is bashing Melissa? I guess I missed it.

No bashing, but not many people on this site thought we could beat Rusk including most If not all Gilmer fans on here. Then you got some retards on the fox app from Gilmer declaring a blowout more or less.

40 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Gilmer. Melissa’s schedule is suspect. I know Melissa has improved this year, but they would have to improve a Lot since they lost to Gilmer last year 55-6. One common opponent this year was Argyle Liberty Christian:

Melissa lost 21-7

Gilmer won 60-7

Could be a shootout, but just don’t think Melissa can handle Gilmer’s offense.

Not the same Melissa team even from the start of the year. We have a ton of young guys and first year varsity guys and they have grown up a lot. A month and a half ago, I would have said Gilmer beats us bad, but these kids have grown up so much and have turned the corner. Will it be enough to knock off the vaunted Poison nut will see, but Gilmer better bring it because I assure Melissa will. 

18 minutes ago, sumitstock said:

It's like saying caddo mills best #1 team from that district..wills point..the whole rusk dist was weak...

Lmao ok. Again read what I typed and comprehend or do I need to draw you a picture? Regardless of who you are winning a playoff game is an accomplishment because you move onto the next round. It is obviously not the goal. It is also clearly obvious you are trying to stir stuff up by comparing and putting down other teams. All I saw last week was how Rusk and Jasper were gonna beat Melissa and Celina because of the athletes those teams were far more superior. Well Rusk and Jasper with all those athletes are dribbling and shooting baskets now. I hope the players and coaches at Gilmer and Pleasant Grove think as highly about Melissa and Celina as a lot of the fans do from these towns. 

By the way there are some really great Gilmer fans that have been around a long time on here who are humble and support the Buckeyes without being arrogant. Some of you should take notice and learn. 

I'm taking Gilmer by 21. This should be taken as a compliment, considering Melissa has never come within 49 points of beating Gilmer. 

I feel like Melissa will score some points, but they're fixing to face the most consistently dominant offense in 4A football. To put it into perspective, they have been held to 28 points once this season, by the best team in all of 4A football. I just don't think Melissa, which I will agree is much improved, will be able to keep up with Gilmer when it comes to scoring. Plus, it seems Gilmer's defense may have found some life this week? I know they were playing Caddo Mills, but it would have been a shutout had it not been for the JV. 

This should be a good game, but I'm going to see Celina/PG, as I feel like it will be closer. 

That’s funny that some are using Liberty Christian as the measuring stick. Let’s see,  if that’s the case then how bout Gilmer only beating Pitt by 15 and Rusk blowing out Pitt by 47 and Melissa beating Rusk by 22. For the folks that think this game is gonna be resembling the last 3 meetings of these two teams....your truly a fool! This is gonna be one hell of a game no doubt.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm taking Gilmer by 21. This should be taken as a compliment, considering Melissa has never come within 49 points of beating Gilmer. 

I feel like Melissa will score some points, but they're fixing to face the most consistently dominant offense in 4A football. To put it into perspective, they have been held to 28 points once this season, by the best team in all of 4A football. I just don't think Melissa, which I will agree is much improved, will be able to keep up with Gilmer when it comes to scoring. Plus, it seems Gilmer's defense may have found some life this week? I know they were playing Caddo Mills, but it would have been a shutout had it not been for the JV. 

This should be a good game, but I'm going to see Celina/PG, as I feel like it will be closer. 

I can live with that although I think Melissa is about to shock y'all. 

2 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

That’s funny that some are using Liberty Christian as the measuring stick. Let’s see,  if that’s the case then how bout Gilmer only beating Pitt by 15 and Rusk blowing out Pitt by 47 and Melissa beating Rusk by 22. For the folks that think this game is gonna be resembling the last 3 meetings of these two teams....your truly a fool! This is gonna be one hell of a game no doubt.

Absolutely 

43 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I think your gonna miss out. This game could be a shootout.

On a side note I would like to congratulate the Gilmer coaches and players on winning their 10th game of the season.  This is the 14th time in the last 15 years that Gilmer has won 10 or more games in a season.  2010 was the only year in the last 15 we have not won 10 or more and we finished 9-4 that year.  Not many schools have been that consistent in the last 15 years.  Keep up the good work.

24 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

You're**

12 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

On a side note I would like to congratulate the Gilmer coaches and players on winning their 10th game of the season.  This is the 14th time in the last 15 years that Gilmer has won 10 or more games in a season.  2010 was the only year in the last 15 we have not won 10 or more and we finished 9-4 that year.  Not many schools have been that consistent in the last 15 years.  Keep up the good work.

Especially coming out of the district Gilmer does. It wasn't easy this year I know.