Melissa Vs Gilmer

RedRed

Every team has lotta talent years & not so much others.

This season, we had a 10 game winning season...since 2003, only 2010 was 9...how many can say that.

Three State Championships + two State Championship appearances...how many can say that.

82-3 in District Play...Loss to Carthage in 2010, Kilgore in 2013 & Pleasant Grove in 2017...how many can say that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, buckeyebob said:

This season, we had a 10 game winning season...since 2003, only 2010 was 9...how many can say that.

Three State Championships + two State Championship appearances...how many can say that.

82-3 in District Play...Loss to Carthage in 2010, Kilgore in 2013 & Pleasant Grove in 2017...how many can say that.

I rarely use the term, but such achievements over that period of time I would classify as Dynasty.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, buckeyebob said:

Heck of a run.

20 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I remember Coach Waggoner very well. Great guy.

Too young to know about Coach Waggoner, but remember going to Buckeye games in 1981 as a kid. Tommy Palmer at running back and Ricky Stone at tight end. Semi final and championship game were cold, very cold, and conditions were terrible from what I remember.

47 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Too young to know about Coach Waggoner, but remember going to Buckeye games in 1981 as a kid. Tommy Palmer at running back and Ricky Stone at tight end. Semi final and championship game were cold, very cold, and conditions were terrible from what I remember.

Coach Waggoner was at Gladewater during my high school years before he went to Gilmer.