Melissa Vs Gilmer

RedRed

2 hours ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

That’s funny that some are using Liberty Christian as the measuring stick. Let’s see,  if that’s the case then how bout Gilmer only beating Pitt by 15 and Rusk blowing out Pitt by 47 and Melissa beating Rusk by 22. For the folks that think this game is gonna be resembling the last 3 meetings of these two teams....your truly a fool! This is gonna be one hell of a game no doubt.

I’m assuming you are referring to my post earlier. I wasn’t using that game as a “measuring” stick, simply stating they were a common opponent. Fact is, Melissa still lost to that team. Another fact is in the 3 games Melissa and Gilmer have played, The Cardinals have been outscored 178-6. No one is discounting Melissa, that have done what they needed to do to get here. Gilmer is all too familiar with Celina and Melissa, they just happen to own both teams. Again, no disrespect to the Cardinals, I hope it IS a good game, but Unfortunately I say Gilmer by at least 3 touchdowns. 

It’s all good. Gilmer will be the favorite in this game and with the history of this match up should be. But I’m still gonna say if Gilmer does win this game, it will be by less than 3 possessions. Good news for Melissa regardless the outcome , is all this success has come from a young fast team with all the key players being only sophomores. The future is bright even if we are going D1.

12 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

It’s all good. Gilmer will be the favorite in this game and with the history of this match up should be. But I’m still gonna say if Gilmer does win this game, it will be by less than 3 possessions. Good news for Melissa regardless the outcome , is all this success has come from a young fast team with all the key players being only sophomores. The future is bright even if we are going D1.

Were all those sophomores freshmen in Melissa last year or are they new kids? I saw that y`all's enrollment went up a good bit, so the community is growing. I no doubt want us to win, but the last three games against Melissa have been boring. Glad y`all have improved so much this year. The Cardinals were very gracious in the three blow-outs we put on them and it really made me like the program, the coaches, and the players.

Good luck on Friday. 

Football is all about match ups.  Teams with big O linemen and big running backs have really hurt Gilmer, because they don't have the size to stop them. Gilmer really struggled with Spring Hill and Gladewater b/c of their big strong running backs. That was my concern with Rusk and their size.   Melissa is clearly talented, but might be a better matchup for Gilmer. 

Gilmer may be without 2 of their top 3 receivers.  Jones I imagine will still be out with the ankle sprain, though he seemed to be walking okay on the sideline Friday. And Heath may be out with a knee / pulled muscle. They played Bates some at receiver against Caddo Mills and I think he'll take snaps there Friday night. Can't tell much from the Caddo Mills game, but Poppy seemed to have a little better touch on the deep pass. 

All our prognosticating won't mean a thing,  that's for sure. 

52 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Were all those sophomores freshmen in Melissa last year or are they new kids? I saw that y`all's enrollment went up a good bit, so the community is growing. I no doubt want us to win, but the last three games against Melissa have been boring. Glad y`all have improved so much this year. The Cardinals were very gracious in the three blow-outs we put on them and it really made me like the program, the coaches, and the players.

Good luck on Friday. 

Who was it a few weeks ago defending ward?and he dont skip practices etc...he missed 2 this week an didnt get to come to the game..heard he is kicked off the team..4 years of this..coaches have done all they could to help him....

1 minute ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Football is all about match ups.  Teams with big O linemen and big running backs have really hurt Gilmer, because they don't have the size to stop them. Gilmer really struggled with Spring Hill and Gladewater b/c of their big strong running backs. That was my concern with Rusk and their size.   Melissa is clearly talented, but might be a better matchup for Gilmer. 

Gilmer may be without 2 of their top 3 receivers.  Jones I imagine will still be out with the ankle sprain, though he seemed to be walking okay on the sideline Friday. And Heath may be out with a knee / pulled muscle. They played Bates some at receiver against Caddo Mills and I think he'll take snaps there Friday night. Can't tell much from the Caddo Mills game, but Poppy seemed to have a little better touch on the deep pass. 

Red could of played last night..they held him out a xtra week

4 hours ago, RedRed said:

Lmao ok. Again read what I typed and comprehend or do I need to draw you a picture? Regardless of who you are winning a playoff game is an accomplishment because you move onto the next round. It is obviously not the goal. It is also clearly obvious you are trying to stir stuff up by comparing and putting down other teams. All I saw last week was how Rusk and Jasper were gonna beat Melissa and Celina because of the athletes those teams were far more superior. Well Rusk and Jasper with all those athletes are dribbling and shooting baskets now. I hope the players and coaches at Gilmer and Pleasant Grove think as highly about Melissa and Celina as a lot of the fans do from these towns. 

By the way there are some really great Gilmer fans that have been around a long time on here who are humble and support the Buckeyes without being arrogant. Some of you should take notice and learn. 

Could you draw for me mam or sir?you never heard anyone from our district saying how good that district was..look at the week teams they played...i still think yall are better than the past..but yalls district must be down a little this year to....

25 minutes ago, sumitstock said:

Who was it a few weeks ago defending ward?and he dont skip practices etc...he missed 2 this week an didnt get to come to the game..heard he is kicked off the team..4 years of this..coaches have done all they could to help him....

It was 2 or 3 from Gilmer Defending and I tries to tell them but they didn't listen. 

51 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

We have 3 legit running backs. Jabray Young 5'10 200, Sophmore Brelynn Armstrong 5'9 195 and Sophmore Chance Mapps 5'8 170

2 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

Good luck on Friday. 

The group of talented sophomores currently on varsity have been there for couple years but most played on the JV last year except for RB Jabrey Young who was on varsity last year. Melissa is without a doubt booming with rooftops, we’ve only been in division 2 for 4 years and are already moving up. As far as being gracious in the blowouts, we take our whopping with class when it comes and take it as a learning curve against good teams .

8 hours ago, RedRed said:

Lmao ok. Again read what I typed and comprehend or do I need to draw you a picture? Regardless of who you are winning a playoff game is an accomplishment because you move onto the next round. It is obviously not the goal. It is also clearly obvious you are trying to stir stuff up by comparing and putting down other teams. All I saw last week was how Rusk and Jasper were gonna beat Melissa and Celina because of the athletes those teams were far more superior. Well Rusk and Jasper with all those athletes are dribbling and shooting baskets now. I hope the players and coaches at Gilmer and Pleasant Grove think as highly about Melissa and Celina as a lot of the fans do from these towns. 

By the way there are some really great Gilmer fans that have been around a long time on here who are humble and support the Buckeyes without being arrogant. Some of you should take notice and learn. 

Name three...

Good to see how far Melissa has come and that they are reaping success, but I have to go with my district brothers in this game. The Buckeyes are still one of the most prolific offenses in all of 4A. If their defense continues to improve, Gilmer will be hard to beat. 

Sportsguru02. That is exactly what I’m saying! 

So. Brendon Lewis:

(Passing) 2,611 yrds/35 td’s

(Rushing) 907 yrds/11 td’s

So. Jabrey Young:

(Rushing) 1,191 yrds/15 td’s “1of4  rb’s”

Jr. Kennedy Lewis:

(receiving) 922 yrds/10 td’s

Just to name a few of the key players on a well balanced young roster. 

Looks pretty official to me...

Brian Bowman @jbbowman7 Nov 24

Gilmer Buckeyes (10-2) vs Melissa Cardinals (11-1). Friday, December 1, 7:30 pm. Mesquite Memorial Stadium

We will be wearing whites...oh...for the Cards...#5 Mr. Poppy Brown is still around as well as some y'alls other favorites