Jump to content

Melissa Vs Gilmer


RedRed
 Share

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

That’s why I deleted the FNR app from my phone and only use this site now. Pulling for Melissa also but I’m also a realist and don’t get drunk on my own teams kool aid, Melissa will definitely have to bring their best game yet and come out with the fire and passion that they had for Celina because Gilmer is a heck of a team and program. I’m just hoping the Cards can keep it a contest down to the end and at least provide themselves the chances for the upset.

Got to speak to a few of them today and they are very excited and ready to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, EastTex45 said:

Buckeyes would have to beat themselves with multiply turnovers for cardinals to take this one.  Gilmer always ready to score quick and often.

Not doubting you at all, but Melissa is capable of scoring quick and often as well. I feel like that is what could make this game a shoot out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Buckeyebaseball21 said:

If I'm not mistaken we lost to the # 1 and number 2 in the State in 4a D2 Rankings..We aren' what we usually are especially on Defense. Most of us know this will be a tough game. Don't lump most of us in With the rest. The last 2 meetings we have blown out Melissa and that' what they are going off of. This time well we will find out Friday Night 

Carthage is Div 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Must be steroids...Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds got hired on the coaching staff there last May.

Are you mad that there are baby beasts in the east? Lol. A lot of the players are little wittle lol. 5’8 and 5’9 lol lpllol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will say my peace on the bit with the punch. Yes #6 should have been punished, but equal punishment is due across the board. #33 from Caddo Mills intentionally pushed a Gilmer player, into what happened to be his own teammate. Then, the Caddo Mills kid pushes #6, then he throws a punch. I'm not condoning a punch, but sportsmanship goes both ways. If you're getting your tail beat, that's no reason to start pushing and shoving players. You're asking for it, honestly. I understand rules are rules, but baiting the opponent is just as wrong. Sorry if you guys feel differently about it, I just feel like one is equally as wrong as the other. 

Anyways, did I mention Gilmer is going to win this game?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I will say my peace on the bit with the punch. Yes #6 should have been punished, but equal punishment is due across the board. #33 from Caddo Mills intentionally pushed a Gilmer player, into what happened to be his own teammate. Then, the Caddo Mills kid pushes #6, then he throws a punch. I'm not condoning a punch, but sportsmanship goes both ways. If you're getting your tail beat, that's no reason to start pushing and shoving players. You're asking for it, honestly. I understand rules are rules, but baiting the opponent is just as wrong. Sorry if you guys feel differently about it, I just feel like one is equally as wrong as the other. 

Anyways, did I mention Gilmer is going to win this game?

I agree with you that both sides should be punished. Everyone knows that the last guy to throw a punch/push/whatever else usually gets caught though. Doesn't mean it's right, just the way it is. That being said, a shove and a violent punch are two different things. That kid threw a knockout punch. Thankfully the other kid had a helmet on (why punch someone who has a helmet on anyway).

Here's the deal...as long as Gilmer's coaches handle it properly, then who cares. The kid needs to learn a lesson. Doesn't matter if it's through a suspension, or old fashioned updowns/bear crawls. As long as he doesn't do it again, it'll be fine. 

Melissa wins this one though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CowboysFan82 said:

I agree with you that both sides should be punished. Everyone knows that the last guy to throw a punch/push/whatever else usually gets caught though. Doesn't mean it's right, just the way it is. That being said, a shove and a violent punch are two different things. That kid threw a knockout punch. Thankfully the other kid had a helmet on (why punch someone who has a helmet on anyway).

Here's the deal...as long as Gilmer's coaches handle it properly, then who cares. The kid needs to learn a lesson. Doesn't matter if it's through a suspension, or old fashioned updowns/bear crawls. As long as he doesn't do it again, it'll be fine. 

Melissa wins this one though!

I agree. I mean, when the blood's pumping, you don't really think about the helmet lol. Lot better alternative than my customer's son. He was the kid at Queen City that had the opposing player pull his (QC player) helmet off and struck him in the head with it. That could have been catastrophic. 

Not happenin this week!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed. Like as it’s been said, huge difference between shoving and punches. One gets you 15 yards (which CM was penalized for) but the punch gets you 15 yards, your helmet taken away and a personalized seat on the bench for the rest of the night ( which wasn’t called). Although this was overlooked by the refs, let’s just hope that the Gilmer athletic department has properly addressed the incident and look to this weeks game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I agree. I mean, when the blood's pumping, you don't really think about the helmet lol. Lot better alternative than my customer's son. He was the kid at Queen City that had the opposing player pull his (QC player) helmet off and struck him in the head with it. That could have been catastrophic. 

Not happenin this week!

Yeah, I remember reading about that. That's just wild. Anyone who does something like that, has no place on the football field.

We shall see brotha! I hope I'm right. Really, I just want to show up in Mesquite and see a heck of a football game. Whether the Cardinals or Buckeyes are victorious, I'd love to see a good ol' fashioned shootout!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assure you unless #6 is hurt he is playing. No way Gilmer holds him out of this game for discipline reasons. They have to have all hands on deck for this game. If anything they may run, or roll him this week, but other than that he will be playing. He should be suspended but it won't happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RedRed said:

I assure you unless #6 is hurt he is playing. No way Gilmer holds him out of this game for discipline reasons. They have to have all hands on deck for this game. If anything they may run, or roll him this week, but other than that he will be playing. He should be suspended but it won't happen. 

Man why do u keep beating a dead horse let it go ur trying to find ways to win just let it go because ur starting to act like a female 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man why do u keep beating a dead horse let it go ur trying to find ways to win just let it go because ur starting to act like a female 

The kid is a good player but not a difference maker so it's a moot point if he plays or not. Oh and to answer your question I was responding to what somebody else had said. Plus it's a message board if you don't like what I said don't read it or don't respond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RedRed said:

I assure you unless #6 is hurt he is playing. No way Gilmer holds him out of this game for discipline reasons. They have to have all hands on deck for this game. If anything they may run, or roll him this week, but other than that he will be playing. He should be suspended but it won't happen. 

Do you think coaches in East Texas don't have discipline? You have no clue what the Gilmer coaches will do, so stop with the accusations. 

Whether he plays or not, Gilmer doesn't need him to beat Melissa. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Do you think coaches in East Texas don't have discipline? You have no clue what the Gilmer coaches will do, so stop with the accusations. 

Whether he plays or not, Gilmer doesn't need him to beat Melissa. 

Did I say they didn't have discipline? No I didn't. I said he should be suspended, but I'm sure that's not gonna happen being in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Had it been in the regular season maybe. I'm sure at the most they made him run a little or rolled him. Actually to be completely honest I don't care what they do with him, I like watching all you people get butt hurt especially those of you who arnt even from Gilmer yet jumping on the bandwagon for them. I guess if you can't beat them join them huh lmao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RedRed said:

Did I say they didn't have discipline? No I didn't. I said he should be suspended, but I'm sure that's not gonna happen being in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Had it been in the regular season maybe. I'm sure at the most they made him run a little or rolled him. Actually to be completely honest I don't care what they do with him, I like watching all you people get butt hurt especially those of you who arnt even from Gilmer yet jumping on the bandwagon for them. I guess if you can't beat them join them huh lmao.

We did beat them, and yet we still join them. We like East Texans and East Texas football. And the people of Gilmer are usually pretty dang nice. 

East Texans are a big disfunctional family...especially around football!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RedRed said:

Did I say they didn't have discipline? No I didn't. I said he should be suspended, but I'm sure that's not gonna happen being in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Had it been in the regular season maybe. I'm sure at the most they made him run a little or rolled him. Actually to be completely honest I don't care what they do with him, I like watching all you people get butt hurt especially those of you who arnt even from Gilmer yet jumping on the bandwagon for them. I guess if you can't beat them join them huh lmao.

Didn't even play them this year, but love them or hate them, they're a football powerhouse in East Texas that all of us respect. We back all of our East Texas teams this time of the year. And quite frankly....if you haven't developed a respect for Gilmer's success year in and year out.....your football IQ might not be all that high. They aren't my favorite program by any means.....but they got my respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Rusk gift wrapped it and turned it over 6 times......don't expect Gilmer to do the same. 

Gift wrapped it huh? More like Melissa wore them out and stripped the ball, Go watch the game. I just wonder what the excuse will be after Melissa wins friday? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...