Gunter no 1000 yard rushers

GTAlumnus

27 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Wow that's pretty wild. Surely someone is close?

Seen their film against Pottsboro. They run a pretty crazy offense. Kind of a slot/flex style out of the pistol. Very disciplined football team. I think a Newton/Gunter matchup would be a hell of a game to watch. Newton's speed vs Gunter's discipline would be a good one.

18 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

7-8 kids with 600-700 rushing makes for a hard offense to shut down... That's for sure. 

They got a clear scat back though. One kid can roll....Usually the pitch man on the triple option. The rest seem to be maulers running up the middle.

2 minutes ago, blueflu said:

2 scatbacks,

I'm sure there was but one for sure was the clear cut race horse. Fastest kid out of all them. All got a lil quickness to them....that one cat got some open field speed though. Not quite like Newtons scat back but he can roll for sure.

8 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I'm sure there was but one for sure was the clear cut race horse. Fastest kid out of all them. All got a lil quickness to them....that one cat got some open field speed though. Not quite like Newtons scat back but he can roll for sure.

The deal with Gunter is that you can cover the front side all you want, but that number four when he gets the ball on the back side it is almost unstoppable and he can run like a deer and has moves to go with it.  The QB is very hard to bring down and runs very hard.  If they do not beat you then number 5 will.  On defense they have an edge that most high scholl team never see.  They never try to tackle up high so speed will not help you much, you think that you got them beat with your speed and then they cut your legs out from under you, and even if they miss you they take you off stride and then comes another one to cut you down.  They are probably the best coached team I have seen in a long time.  Daingerfield has a lot of speed and even though they had the worst offensive game plan I have seen in several years,  they would get out side and you think they have a big play coming and that they are breaking away only to have someone dive and cut them down.  Hard to prepare for the offense but much harder to prepare for the defense.  The only team that has a chance is one who has a great passing game and enough defense to make them drive the ball every time.

6 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

5 runs sub 4.5, 4 is right there.

23 minutes ago, Pax said:

Not sure anyone is gonna buy the "much" qualifier here.  

Just going by film on both of the kids.....to me Newton's speed burner looks much faster to me....just an opinion....I aint got a dog in the fight. Just callin it how I see it.

Gunter has good speed all around.  One game in the 3rd quarter a kid on the opposing team broke a kickoff return down the right sideline - the other side of the field from where I was sitting.  He was gone and our shutout was lost.  At least 10 yards ahead everybody.  Then one of our kids comes from the pack and overtakes him at the 14.  We stop them and the shutout is preserved.  When he got up I expected number 5 or number 4, or number 35, but no....it was number 32 - our kicker.

21 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

Gunter has good speed all around.  One game in the 3rd quarter a kid on the opposing team broke a kickoff return down the right sideline - the other side of the field from where I was sitting.  He was gone and our shutout was lost.  At least 10 yards ahead everybody.  Then one of our kids comes from the pack and overtakes him at the 14.  We stop them and the shutout is preserved.  When he got up I expected number 5 or number 4, or number 35, but no....it was number 32 - our kicker.

That ain't going to happen against Newton ....