Texas H.S. Football Coaching Carousel...

Smoaky

3 hours ago, Alto44 said:

I wouldn’t say the numbers are way down, we have just as many kids out playing as before. The problem with the defense is the spread offense we ran, it makes you soft. The mind set has to change in the adults, before you will see a change in the kids, we had a lot of finger pointing at kids and not enough pointing back at leadership, practice time, and work ethic. It was time for a change and that’s what is happening, but the parents and fans need to adjust as well, let the new coach do the coaching, and everything will be fine.

Maybe it's just me but the sidelines compared to other schools our size looked a bit bare and I know a lot of kids weren't coming out.  As far as the other things I totally agree we have been very soft compared to old times.

Well I think the coaches that are seriously interested have applied and coaches that are on the fence, do not have much time left to do so. if any coaches get on here or y'all know someone that might make a difference a la gamble, better  get that resume in.  They are getting ready to put the spectacles on and start dissecting applications!  No matter who ends up being selected, I have no doubt the group of people will be doing their due diligence to get the right guy, will make the right choice.  Big and better things to come in Alto.

On 1/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, 4to3 said:

Not surprised at all with this one...I got one word for potential candidates...run!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Not surprised at all with this one...I got one word for potential candidates...run!

1 hour ago, lynyrdskynyrd said:

Run from this one as fast as you can!!!!!  Supt. Is a piece of work.  

Geez...back to back run calls! Whats wrong with Queen City and what's so bad about the Supt at Kirbyville?

12 hours ago, bleachercoach said:

Geez...back to back run calls! Whats wrong with Queen City and what's so bad about the Supt at Kirbyville?

Don't know anything about the Supt. at K'ville but I do know that the last AD at QC that actually turned the program around got ran out of town:

2011 0-10-0 Buddy Ray
2012 5-5-0 Buddy Ray 

That would be one good reason, the other might be to look at the recent history of their football program:

2010-19 16-55-0 2-0- 0

But hey, it's a good opportunity for a young coach to get that first AD job and if they turn it around they could probably get a job anywhere!!! LOL!!

1 hour ago, WingTright said:

I wonder if Wylie East will draw any decent names. They usually have one or two guys that are big time players. 

Red Oak got a good one, a proven winner. 

Wylie East will have a great list of candidates just because of location, facilities and pay.

Now Red Oak made a huge splash with their hire, but i would expect nothing less from the greatness that is Dr. Mike Goddard.

Trent Gregory announced his retirement as head football coach at Ellison High School. Gregory, who has coached for 33-years was 20-31 in five years at Ellison, but inherited a program coming off back-to-back 0-10 records, his five years at Ellison is listed below. The Eagles made the playoffs in 2017. 

He mentioned spending more time with family and his two grand kids as a major reason to retire at this time. 

2013 (0-10) Trent Gregory
2014 (2-8) Trent Gregory
2015 (6-4) 238-237 Trent Gregory
2016 (6-4) 361-346 Trent Gregory
2017 (6-5) 310-345 Trent Gregory

• Smoaky unpinned this topic