New Diana vs #1 Gunter

Daingerfield357

9 minutes ago, HTaylor said:

“7 on 7 is over this week”

”story almost brought a tear to my eye...”

”ND has no chance but this will be a great warm up for Canadian”

thats just on this thread...have seen it week after week. 

reread your post, and your right.  Wasn't directed at me. I apologize.

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

Jesus

Yeah, the kid can sling it, he's got one receiver with 1600 yards, another at 1400 yards, then the rest of the yards are spread amongst the rest of the receivers fairly evenly. The one with 1600 is on a bunch of catches, the one with 1400 is his deep ball guy, half as many catches as the #1 possession receiver. The most impressive thing is Sampson threw to 9 different receivers last week. I mean, it's a full on air raid, you can't double cover anybody really, he's just as comfortable throwing to his #5 receiver as he is the #1 receiver.....I'm really surprised the kid didn't end up in a Lobo jersey before his senior year. He showed signs and flashes of what he was likely to become last year. If he was 6'3 190 he'd be a D1 prospect i think. Sadly for him, he's quite small. After seeing him and his receivers work together in 7 on 7 this past summer I had a sneaky suspicioun that they could surprise everybody this year. Didnt realize they'd be playing to win the region though. Gunter is real solid and dicsiplined and should be favored in this matchup but to be completely honest, with their air raid style of offense.....it's gonna be difficult for any secondary full of teenagers to cover it. Somebody will be open nearly every down and Sampson doesnt have any trouble finding the open man. If he can take care of the ball and score tick for tack with them......last team with ball very well could be the winner.

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Yeah, the kid can sling it, he's got one receiver with 1600 yards, another at 1400 yards, then the rest of the yards are spread amongst the rest of the receivers fairly evenly. The one with 1600 is on a bunch of catches, the one with 1400 is his deep ball guy, half as many catches as the #1 possession receiver. The most impressive thing is Sampson threw to 9 different receivers last week. I mean, it's a full on air raid, you can't double cover anybody really, he's just as comfortable throwing to his #5 receiver as he is the #1 receiver.....I'm really surprised the kid didn't end up in a Lobo jersey before his senior year. He showed signs and flashes of what he was likely to become last year. If he was 6'3 190 he'd be a D1 prospect i think. Sadly for him, he's quite small. After seeing him and his receivers work together in 7 on 7 this past summer I had a sneaky suspicioun that they could surprise everybody this year. Didnt realize they'd be playing to win the region though. Gunter is real solid and dicsiplined and should be favored in this matchup but to be completely honest, with their air raid style of offense.....it's gonna be difficult for any secondary full of teenagers to cover it. Somebody will be open nearly every down and Sampson doesnt have any trouble finding the open man. If he can take care of the ball and score tick for tack with them......last team with ball very well could be the winner.

Pretty impressive numbers all across the offense then. How big is he?

6 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I feel very confident saying that pound for pound, inch for inch, Sampson is best QB in the State. Program says 5’11 165....

he leads all classidications in yards and TD’s...probably ranked somewhere in the National stats I would bet

Just now, Lambo said:

Wonder if he' getting any looks from any schools... You just can't ignore stats like that.

Honestly.....program is prolly lying a little lol. I'd say he looks more like 5'9ish.....but for arguments sake we'll give him 5'10 and throw about 160 lbs on him.....kid is a jam up middle infielder in baseball from what I hear as well.

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Honestly.....program is prolly lying a little lol. I'd say he looks more like 5'9ish.....but for arguments sake we'll give him 5'10 and throw about 160 lbs on him.....kid is a jam up middle infielder in baseball from what I hear as well.

What’s an inch or two or a pound or two between friends. Heck my wife says she is 150 and we both know she is lying

16 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Can they protect him?

Well, it's like a college style air raid. He's got check downs and stuff. If he has to get it out quick he can. It's not your normal "coach tags the target pre-snap" kind of normal 3A D2 passing offense lol, he goes through his progressions. He can run a little bit too. So he has that threat of tucking it and taking off too. I'm tellin ya, it's a pretty diverse passing attack. Gunter's defense is real dad gum solid, especially against the run....they over power those flex/slot/wing t type offenses. But you'll probably end up going to a 5 DB type defense....if you wanna cover it correctly anyways. Their offense is pretty dynamic. Think Pottsboro x10. Receivers are gonna run pretty good crisp routes, he'll be throwing before they make their breaks. It ain't no bush league passing attack lol. It's the real deal....

9 minutes ago, blueflu said:

looks pretty slow

He's a pro style QB lol, he ain't gonna tuck it unless he has to....but if he has your defense leaning backwards every play to defend pass....if everybody clears out....5 yards ain't that hard to pick up with medium speed.

2 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Pottsboro could not throw it at all

I seen it on film, I agree....their QB was all height and no arm. But if they coulda thrown at all it woulda been a lot more interesting. Sampson can sling it and sling it well. 

2 hours ago, HTaylor said:

From Max Preps:

280 of 428 4,657 61 TD’s

Those are almost unbelievable numbers.  I am excited to see this kid play Friday night.  I read that in the history of Texas High School football, that he is one of only 7 players to pass for over 60 touchdowns in a season.  Incredible.  I wonder what the passing touchdown record is for a season?  I am now on a mission to find out.

11 minutes ago, blueflu said:

scary for nd is they can not run it at all.

I wouldn’t be so sure that’s the case...they choose to throw it first...but they are averaging about 150 yards per game on the ground. 

Everyone, including me, continues to say that their defense is terrible...but they some how seem to play just good enough.