New Diana vs #1 Gunter

Daingerfield357

1 hour ago, blueflu said:

Gunter is so athletic up front, could be a long night

I get it....y'all have pulverized everyone. You're high on your defense. Hell, I'm high on your defense. But your strong hard nosed defense that has played primarily run oriented teams is about to see some finesse that it ain't used to. I ain't got a clue what the outcome will be. I can tell you this though. That lil QB has the ability to make you scratch your head wondering what the hell just happened lol. I will say this....ND will not stop Gunter's offense. Ain't gonna happen. I'm a nuetral fan here, I ain't got a dog in this fight. I know y'all expect your defense to just annihilate everyone because y'all have. That alone makes you think you'll eat ND's lunch. And that may very well be what takes place. But I strongly urge you to be prepared that you could possibly be incorrect lol. 

11 minutes ago, etfootballguru said:

I wouldn’t be so sure that’s the case...they choose to throw it first...but they are averaging about 150 yards per game on the ground. 

Everyone, including me, continues to say that their defense is terrible...but they some how seem to play just good enough.

Agreed....defense has been bad since last year and ain't got no better. The chance of them slowing Gunter down is slim to none. On paper, this should be a total blow out, just like 6 or 7 of the games they've played this year but for some reason that dad gum quick strike offense finds a way to light up the scoreboard and keep them in every game til the end and Sampson and that offense finds a way to win it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Agreed....defense has been bad since last year and ain't got no better. The chance of them slowing Gunter down is slim to none. On paper, this should be a total blow out, just like 6 or 7 of the games they've played this year but for some reason that dad gum quick strike offense finds a way to light up the scoreboard and keep them in every game til the end and Sampson and that offense finds a way to win it. 

I wouldn’t bet against Gunter...but I also wouldn’t give Sampson, Rodgers, Payton and company the last possession in a tight game 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Gunter is so athletic up front, could be a long night

Lol, you're probably right. But, I've now said that same very thing to White Oak fans, to Daingerfield fans, to Jacksoboro fans, and several more teams fans. I've said "yeah, y'all should beat them but they are gonna light the scoreboard up and it'll be a shootout" to so many fans of their upcoming opponents on message boards that it ain't even funny lol. I've been following ND pretty closely this year from jump street because I expected them to be electric on offense. I knew their defense wasn't gonna be all that tough but offensively I knew they'd be something special. So believe me when i tell you....yes, by all means I realize that y'all spanked Daingerfield and that ND barely beat them. And yes, I realize that Gunter is goops and gobs better than Jacksboro and anybody and everybody else that ND has played. Yes....without a doubt, this game should not even be close. Just as you see it on paper, I too see that this game should be a donkey stomping from the get go. But I am telling you now...for some damn reason, one that I or anybody else can not explain, the New Diana offense will find some way to be neck and neck with you right there at the end. Whether they win it or not, I have no clue.....but they"ll be in it at the end. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, blueflu said:

I'm going 

35 14 I think nd will posess the ball and keep gunter off the field enough for a fairly close game.

Firstly, ND style of play ain't set up to keep y'all off the field lol. Will actually be interesting to see if they do try something different to try to slow the game down. Their strength is obviously passing and that just doesn't chew up a lot of clock. 

Secondly, by no circumstance do I expect y'all to hold ND to 15 or anywhere close to that. 

Thirdly, by no circumstance do I expect ND to hold y'all to 35 or anywhere close to that lol.

I think it's gonna be 1 of 2 things, Either a complete blow out in favor of Gunter...or a high scoring shootout with the skill players for both teams needing IVs for hydration by the end of the 3rd with the team who has the ball last winning.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Firstly, ND style of play ain't set up to keep y'all off the field lol. Will actually be interesting to see if they do try something different to try to slow the game down. Their strength is obviously passing and that just doesn't chew up a lot of clock. 

Secondly, by no circumstance do I expect y'all to hold ND to 15 or anywhere close to that. 

Thirdly, by no circumstance do I expect ND to hold y'all to 35 or anywhere close to that lol.

I think it's gonna be 1 of 2 things, Either a complete blow out in favor of Gunter...or a high scoring shootout with the skill players for both teams needing IVs for hydration by the end of the 3rd with the team who has the ball last winning.

Yep...totally ageee. This is the most diverse Offense Gunter will see even if they advance. To put it into perspective, Canadian QB threw for 3,200 yards and 30 TD’s last year in 15 games...ND QB is at almost 4,700 and 61 TD’s. ND Recievers are as good as you will see all year. A team that went 0-10 obviously can over come some diversity. Eagle 8 you may know better than me but weren’t they at the goal line on the loss to WO (eventual 3A D1 district champ) in that loss and lost in 2 OT to the kid that will win the state rushing title of over 2,700 yards?

if you view this as simply a warm up for Canadian, that would be a huge mistake.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, etfootballguru said:

Yep...totally ageee. This is the most diverse Offense Gunter will see even if they advance. To put it into perspective, Canadian QB threw for 3,200 yards and 30 TD’s last year in 15 games...ND QB is at almost 4,700 and 61 TD’s. ND Recievers are as good as you will see all year. A team that went 0-10 obviously can over come some diversity. Eagle 8 you may know better than me but weren’t they at the goal line on the loss to WO (eventual 3A D1 district champ) in that loss and lost in 2 OT to the kid that will win the state rushing title of over 2,700 yards?

if you view this as simply a warm up for Canadian, that would be a huge mistake.

Yea, in the loss to WO, the Eagles were down inside WO's 5yd line with about 9 seconds left in the game. No timeouts. Tried to spike ball but fumbled snap...recovered it, but time ran out. 

Yes you're correct. Rushing champ scored 2pt conversion in 2nd OT to win it by one point. 

43 minutes ago, blueflu said:

So, it comes down to does Gunter have the athletes on the back end. Ofcourse they do. Does Gunter have the defensive line to offer enough pressure. Ofcourse they do.

Lol....I know right....of course they do. But will they? That's the question. Will they stop this prolific passing attack. 

You've came here, asked question after question...and for no apparent reason, because you already seem to feel you have all the answers. Somehow I feel no matter what I or anyone else says....you have no interest in taking any info we give you into consideration. And that's fine Bubba. You're right....y'all are supposed to have all the answers to stopping ND. But don't be surprised if a couple of them answers ends up being wrong. Take this team lightly and they'll burn you over and over again. Good luck to your Tigers. 

16 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Alright... ND can beat Gunter if Gunter let's them hang around... Very impressed by what I've watched.

They don't look like much but that offense can flat out play huh? Defensively they'll never stop Gunter though. Gonna have to trade score for score the whole game and hope they get the ball last. It's a long shot....gonna need a bunch of luck, that's for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol....I know right....of course they do. But will they? That's the question. Will they stop this prolific passing attack. 

You've came here, asked question after question...and for no apparent reason, because you already seem to feel you have all the answers. Somehow I feel no matter what I or anyone else says....you have no interest in taking any info we give you into consideration. And that's fine Bubba. You're right....y'all are supposed to have all the answers to stopping ND. But don't be surprised if a couple of them answers ends up being wrong. Take this team lightly and they'll burn you over and over again. Good luck to your Tigers. 

ok, I'm a homer. I'll admit it.  But I haven't heard any evidence to support ur arguments.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

They don't look like much but that offense can flat out play huh? Defensively they'll never stop Gunter though. Gonna have to trade score for score the whole game and hope they get the ball last. It's a long shot....gonna need a bunch of luck, that's for sure.

Yep. With an offense that good even if their defense is even mediocre they'e unbeaten right now.

1 minute ago, blueflu said:

ok, I'm a homer. I'll admit it.  But I haven't heard any evidence to support ur arguments.

I'm not arguing. It's round 4, there's no evidence. What happened last week don't matter. You keep asking questions to get answers, basically just to say the answers are wrong. At least I've been open minded in the discussion. 

No, New Diana ain't supposed to win. They probably won't win. But at this point.....considering their resilience, i ain't gonna be shocked if they play completely above their means like they've done so far and somehow pull the shocker. 

5 hours ago, BlueDuroc said:

Both teams have everything to lose, lose your out period.  Your post almost brought tears to my eyes, but reality set in.  Gunter rolls on!  :lol::cowboy:

Obviously,  you have not played any Sports at a higher level.  If you did, you would know what I mean.

5 minutes ago, blueflu said:

ok, nd is gonna win even they they shouldnt

Lol.....I have no idea. Probably not. I wouldn't bet on it with your money. But I wasn't baiting folks into answering questions so I could say no, lol. If you're looking for someone to argue with, I ain't the guy. I ain't from ND and all indications lead to a Gunter win. They're the more complete team. But, I simply wouldn't take ND's passing attack lightly.....that kid can chunk it and his receivers can go get it.

But if you're looking for people to contradict.....you ain't gonna find anybody here. These ND fans are just happy to be alive and well in the 4th round.

11 minutes ago, Crazicajun said:

Obviously,  you have not played any Sports at a higher level.  If you did, you would know what I mean.

Lol yep. Gunter - defending state champs. #1 ranked team in the state. Got a reputation to defend. Expectations of winning state.

New Diana - went 0-10 two years ago. Haven't crept into the top 10 rankings in a decade or 2 lol. Ain't even supposed to be here. Simply just happy to still be alive and well. Exceeded all expectations 2 rounds ago. They're playing on borrowed time.

Hence, ND ain't got nothing to lose, they're already hometown heroes, they supposed to be playing basketball already...no pressure. Gunter has everything to lose by losing this game. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crazicajun said:

Center, Defensive End and Deep snapper - only left the field at half time my friend.  

Team Captain also.  

It's been a good ride - enjoy it.