New Diana vs #1 Gunter

Daingerfield357

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol yep. Gunter - defending state champs. #1 ranked team in the state. Got a reputation to defend. Expectations of winning state.

New Diana - went 0-10 two years ago. Haven't crept into the top 10 rankings in a decade or 2 lol. Ain't even supposed to be here. Simply just happy to still be alive and well. Exceeded all expectations 2 rounds ago. They're playing on borrowed time.

Hence, ND ain't got nothing to lose, they're already hometown heroes, they supposed to be playing basketball already...no pressure. Gunter has everything to lose by losing this game. 

Newton.... Gunter..... Same!!!! All you need to see. 

I doubt very seriously that ND wins. But I doubted they'd beat Jacksboro too. I know Gunter is better than Jacksboro. ND keeps surprising everyone. Maybe they got another shocker left in them. Man, I love the underdog Cinderella stories.

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol.....I have no idea. Probably not. I wouldn't bet on it with your money. But I wasn't baiting folks into answering questions so I could say no, lol. If you're looking for someone to argue with, I ain't the guy. I ain't from ND and all indications lead to a Gunter win. They're the more complete team. But, I simply wouldn't take ND's passing attack lightly.....that kid can chunk it and his receivers can go get it.

But if you're looking for people to contradict.....you ain't gonna find anybody here. These ND fans are just happy to be alive and well in the 4th round.

Yes, Sir. I'm from ND. We are VERY proud of our young men. We are happy to be alive and well in the 4th round. But, we still expect to win. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Gunter. They are the defending State Champs, and undefeated this season. They are a great team. 

I'm a homer. I expect ND to win and hope they do. Fan are homers...which should be expected. If you don't expect to win then you've already lost... Otherwise why even play the game or cheer on your team if you don't expect to win. 

Proud Eagle supporter!!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Yes, Sir. I'm from ND. We are VERY proud of our young men. We are happy to be alive and well in the 4th round. But, we still expect to win. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Gunter. They are the defending State Champs, and undefeated this season. They are a great team. 

I'm a homer. I expect ND to win and hope they do. Fan are homers...which should be expected. If you don't expect to win then you've already lost... Otherwise why even play the game or cheer on your team if you don't expect to win. 

Proud Eagle supporter!!! 

I wouldn't expect you to be any other way, been a story book season. Good luck Eagles. Keep shocking the football world.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, thundermaker said:

ND averages 6 yds a carry.

Against which defenses?  The best run defense New Diana has faced has been West Rusk, and you got 2.4 yards per carry in that game.  I also notice that the ND QB accounted for -31 of those rushing yards on 7 carries - which tells me he was sacked a lot in that game for big losses.  New Diana managed only 23 points in that game.  Gunter's defense will be considerably better than this.  ND has had success running the ball because they have a good passing game, and teams have been forced to play the pass - which obviously opens up the running game.  This will probably work to an extent against Gunter's defense, but maybe for a quarter or a quarter and a half.  I wouldn't be surprised if nothing works, but I think New Diana will be in this game until halftime or late second quarter.  However, New Diana will not......will not be able to have consistent enough success against this Gunter defense which is far superior to any defense you have seen this year - and this is entirely ignoring the fact that New Diana's defense might not get a single stop against the Gunter offense - which will also be far superior to anything New Diana has seen this year.  Gunter doesn't out-athlete people (though they have the athletes to do that to most teams).  They out-perform them.  They out-execute them.  They out-discipline them.  They out-coach them.  They out-scheme them.  On a strictly consistent basis.  Game in and game out.  Every game.  This has been the case for 29 consecutive games, and while New Diana's passing game is impressive - it really is, there is nothing about it that makes me think for one second that it is something that this Gunter team and coaching staff won't have an answer for, and an early answer.  Possibly out of the gate.

It seems to me that a lot of the New Diana fans would consider a loss in which they score 35 points or more a win.  That's fine by me, and I will take it.  From a strict standpoint of who has more points at the end of the game, I give New Diana almost no shot at winning that actual game.  I don't care how potent your offense is.  As I said before, it is very likely that the only thing Gunter will need to do to win this one is get one stop on defense - because Gunter will be scoring on every possession.

Teams that give up an average of almost 33 points a game rarely lose to teams who give up 4.8.  Especially when the team that gives up 4.8 scores an average of 49 point per game.  

There is a reason Texas Tech always gets their kicked by good teams.  No defense.  The passing attack is fun to watch, but teams like this don't win many championships.  I think Gunter will have their way with ND.  Gunter will score over 60 if ND can't run the ball, and I don't think they will be able to.  I have not seen Gunter play this year, and only saw ND play Jacksboro on video, so this is all just a guess on my part.  I do know that Jackboro ran all over ND and Gunter will be much stronger than Jacksboro was offensively  

18 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

So should they even play Friday night then? Nah? Just hand Gunter the trophy to the region.....already got it won anyways.

There is no reason to act like this.  Gunter is really good.  I've seen you acknowledge this.  I personally am not trying to bash New Diana in any way.  If I were a New Diana fan, It would frustrate me to no end that you can't put any kind of defense on the field to compliment that impressive offense.  It's an intimidating offense - no doubt about it, but you seem to have this glaring double standard where it's OK for New Diana fans to accuse Gunter fans of underestimating New Diana's offense (even though nobody is actually underestimating it - they just aren't worried about it because Gunter has a great defense, and you have no defense) - yet act like you've been wronged and insulted when someone points out that you shouldn't underestimate the Gunter defense.  There is zero evidence that New Diana will have a lot of success against this Gunter defense.  The only evidence you have is that New Diana has had success against OTHER TEAMS!  There is not a single person in this thread that is not well aware of this.  They HAVE had success against other teams, but there have been a lot of teams who came into the Gunter game thinking the exact same thing you are thinking who have the exact same evidence - who thought they'd be able to have their way because they had in other games against other teams - consistently, and Gunter shut them down. 

24 minutes ago, Bullhead44 said:

Teams that give up an average of almost 33 points a game rarely lose to teams who give up 4.8.  Especially when the team that gives up 4.8 scores an average of 49 point per game.  

There is a reason Texas Tech always gets their kicked by good teams.  No defense.  The passing attack is fun to watch, but teams like this don't win many championships.  I think Gunter will have their way with ND.  Gunter will score over 60 if ND can't run the ball, and I don't think they will be able to.  I have not seen Gunter play this year, and only saw ND play Jacksboro on video, so this is all just a guess on my part.  I do know that Jackboro ran all over ND and Gunter will be much stronger than Jacksboro was offensively  

Also, of the 66 points that Gunter has allowed in 13 games, 34 were allowed by backups, so in reality, the Gunter starting unit has allowed 32 points in 13 games (2.5 ppg).  You're right.  Gunter could easily reach into the 60s or beyond if New Diana can't slow the game down. 

1 minute ago, Pax said:

There is no reason to act like this.  Gunter is really good.  I've seen you acknowledge this.  I personally am not trying to bash New Diana in any way.  If I were a New Diana fan, It would frustrate me to no end that you can't put any kind of defense on the field to compliment that impressive offense.  It's an intimidating offense - no doubt about it, but you seem to have this glaring double standard where it's OK for New Diana fans to accuse Gunter fans of underestimating New Diana's offense - yet act like you've been wronged and insulted when someone points out that you shouldn't underestimate the Gunter defense.  There is zero evidence that New Diana will have a lot of success against this Gunter defense.  The only evidence you have is that New Diana has had success against OTHER TEAMS!  There is not a single person in this thread that is not well aware of this.  They HAVE had success against other teams, but there have been a lot of teams who came into the Gunter game thinking the exact same thing you are thinking who have the exact same evidence - who thought they'd be able to have their way because they had in other games against other teams - consistently, and Gunter shut them down. 

Any time ND fans or nuetral say anything good about ND.....It's followed by, blow out this, blow out that....Yada yada......everybody is completely aware that Gunter is the extreme favorite. ND is just happy to be here and I'll figure they'll put their pads on the same way they did the last 13 weeks and give it hell.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Any time ND fans or nuetral say anything good about ND.....It's followed by, blow out this, blow out that....Yada yada......everybody is completely aware that Gunter is the extreme favorite. ND is just happy to be here and I'll figure they'll put their pads on the same way they did the last 13 weeks and give it hell.

That's because most Gunter fans think that the game will be a blowout (myself included).   So...you want people to stop predicting blowouts so that you feel better?

You SHOULD feel proud to be here.  Only 8 teams are, and New Diana is one of them.  The fact that my opinion is that New Diana won't be around next week to say the same thing about being one of the last 4 teams left shouldn't in any way offend you, and if it does, then perhaps these forums is not the place for you.  Just my opinion.  Not meant to offend.

Lol, i personally don't care one way or another what's said, I ain't even from ND. Which is why I said what I said. Them big ole swole up heads ain't gonna get their minds changed til they get beat anyways. Best of luck to your Tigers

17 minutes ago, Pax said:

Also, of the 66 points that Gunter has allowed in 13 games, 34 were allowed by backups, so in reality, the Gunter starting unit has allowed 32 points in 13 games (2.5 ppg).  You're right.  Gunter could easily reach into the 60s or beyond if New Diana can't slow the game down. 

Some chest beatin fools aintcha? Big ole swole up heads. Lol, god forbid y'all do end up losing. Gonna have to put some of y'all on suicide watch.

6 minutes ago, Pax said:

That's because most Gunter fans think that the game will be a blowout (myself included).   So...you want people to stop predicting blowouts so that you feel better?

You SHOULD feel proud to be here.  Only 8 teams are, and New Diana is one of them.  The fact that my opinion is that New Diana won't be around next week to say the same thing about being one of the last 4 teams left shouldn't in any way offend you, and if it does, then perhaps these forums is not the place for you.  Just my opinion.  Not meant to offend.

I am beginning to notice a change in attitude from all of the Gunter fans.  They are becoming more and more obnoxious and are slowly becoming the new hated team.  I am glad for that, because as a Daingerfield fan we welcome the arrogance and soon you will be the team that everyone wants to see lose.  But let me know that the more you defend yourself the more you will have to, goes with the territory.  I respected your team very much earlier this year, however I too have grown tired of the attitude and I too want you to lose, no matter the team you are playing.

2 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

I am beginning to notice a change in attitude from all of the Gunter fans.  They are becoming more and more obnoxious and are slowly becoming the new hated team.  I am glad for that, because as a Daingerfield fan we welcome the arrogance and soon you will be the team that everyone wants to see lose.  But let me know that the more you defend yourself the more you will have to, goes with the territory.  I respected your team very much earlier this year, however I too have grown tired of the attitude and I too want you to lose, no matter the team you are playing.

I'm not sure what reaction you are trying to get from me here. 

10 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Some chest beatin fools aintcha? Big ole swole up heads. Lol, god forbid y'all do end up losing. Gonna have to put some of y'all on suicide watch.

Gunter will very likely score on every possession of the game or very close to it.  They've done it to many teams with defenses much better than ND's.  They did it last week against Holliday - who allows 9.9 points per game.  New Diana allows 32.8 ppg.  New Diana is a passing team - which means the clock stops a lot, and Gunter will have more possessions as a result.  More possessions combined with scoring on most if not all of them will lead to a bigger score.  Gunter is averaging about 50 points a game, so it will only take two more possessions than normal to get into the 60s.  Anyone who understands football can follow this logic.  If you find this observation arrogant, I do not care.  It's a reasonable one regardless of whether you get it or not.