New Diana vs #1 Gunter

Daingerfield357

Just now, Pax said:

I'm not sure what reaction you are trying to get from me here. 

Really none at all lol, y'all are so conceded and arrogant as fans that everybody wants your team to lose because of it. No reaction required. Til y'all goof up and lose.....When that happens you won't have to react, everyone that is annoyed will react for you lol.

Just now, Pax said:

Gunter will very likely score on every possession of the game or very close to it.  They've done it to many teams with defenses much better than yours.  They did it last week against Holliday - who allows 9.9 points per game.  New Diana allows 32.8 ppg.  New Diana is a passing team - which means the clock stops a lot, and Gunter will have more possessions as a result.  More possessions combined with scoring on most if not all of them will lead to a bigger score.  Gunter is averaging about 50 points a game, so it will only take two more possessions than normal.  Anyone who understands football can follow this logic.  If you find this observation arrogant, I do not care.  It's a reasonable one regardless of whether you get it or not.

It's not my defense, I've said multiple times.....You can't stop bragging long enough to see it lmao. We get it, y'all are the 💩

5 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

I am beginning to notice a change in attitude from all of the Gunter fans.  They are becoming more and more obnoxious and are slowly becoming the new hated team.  I am glad for that, because as a Daingerfield fan we welcome the arrogance and soon you will be the team that everyone wants to see lose.  But let me know that the more you defend yourself the more you will have to, goes with the territory.  I respected your team very much earlier this year, however I too have grown tired of the attitude and I too want you to lose, no matter the team you are playing.

You and who else?  What is said on this board will have zero bearing on the game.  A fan being overconfident won't affect it, and I know for a fact the team and coaches will not overlook ND's ability to score.  Only a couple of posters give ND no chance.  And I'm not sure why there is anything wrong with stating what you honestly believe.  Pax for one has stated over and over that he could be wrong and has been.   This is all just talk. So hate if you must, but I don't think many would be in agreement with you.

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Really none at all lol, y'all are so conceded and arrogant as fans that everybody wants your team to lose because of it. No reaction required. Til y'all goof up and lose.....When that happens you won't have to react, everyone that is annoyed will react for you lol.

Nothing like the Newton Fans. Man they are horribly cocky and really have no reason to be at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

If acting like your team is really good because your team is really good is annoying, then I guess I'm annoying.  I can't help what annoys you, so be annoyed.  I can't help that.

4 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Nothing like the Newton Fans. Man they are horribly cocky and really have no reason to be at this point. 

I've talked to several of them in person. They're more level headed than you think, well....Some of them.

7 minutes ago, Pax said:

If acting like your team is really good because your team is really good is annoying, then I guess I'm annoying.  I can't help what annoys you, so be annoyed.  I can't help that.

Well by all means, happy gloating my good sir.

38 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

You and who else?  What is said on this board will have zero bearing on the game.  A fan being overconfident won't affect it, and I know for a fact the team and coaches will not overlook ND's ability to score.  Only a couple of posters give ND no chance.  And I'm not sure why there is anything wrong with stating what you honestly believe.  Pax for one has stated over and over that he could be wrong and has been.   This is all just talk. So hate if you must, but I don't think many would be in agreement with you.

I have definitely noticed a BIG difference in the way the Gunter fans act this year vs last. I was pulling for you guys last year because all of your fans seemed really humble and even though you talked up your team, you didn't basically treat everyone like they were idiots. This year, if anyone doesn't just slather Gunter with all out praise, your fans are shocked and salty.

I made a comment on the Celina/PG thread last week that basically asks the PG fans to NOT be like Gunter fans. Most of you (not ALL of you) are acting like you have to argue with everyone to get respect for your team and all you're are doing is making people lose respect for them because your fans are obnoxious a$$3$. Hopefully the Gunter fans will grow out of it or maybe someone will come along an humble them again.

Either way, there are a lot of programs represented on Smoaky that have a long tradition of winning, and while you see them on here talking up their team, you DON'T see them being Jack wagons. Win with grace. I assure you that while the ND fans believe that they can win, and many others will be pulling for them, everyone respects what Gunter has done and can do. All Eagle8 was saying is don't ruin that respect for your team, because you don't know how to respect others. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CF21 said:

I have definitely noticed a BIG difference in the way the Gunter fans act this year vs last. I was pulling for you guys last year because all of your fans seemed really humble and even though you talked up your team, you didn't basically treat everyone like they were idiots. This year, if anyone doesn't just slather Gunter with all out praise, your fans are shocked and salty.

I made a comment on the Celina/PG thread last week that basically asks the PG fans to NOT be like Gunter fans. Most of you (not ALL of you) are acting like you have to argue with everyone to get respect for your team and all they are doing is making people lose respect for them because their fans are obnoxious a$$3$. Hopefully the Gunter fans will grow out of it or maybe someone will come along an humble them again.

Either way, there are a lot of programs represented on Smoaky that have a long tradition of winning, and while you see them on here talking up their team, you DON'T see them being Jack wagons. Win with grace. I assure you that while the ND fans believe that they can win, and many others will be pulling for them, everyone respects what Gunter has done and can do. All Eagle8 was saying is don't ruin that respect for your team, because you don't know how to respect others. 

I think a little bit of this is trolls just bringing out the worst in people.  Gunter has absolutely wonderful fans.  I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if you are basing this on the app, then I'd suggest you don't do that.  For starters, Gunter is not represented by the few no-doubt juveniles who regularly post there, and second - since Gunter won state last year, the Gunter threads this year have been popular simply because people from all over joined the conversation to stir the pot, and people don't react well to it.  If you are talking about here at Smoaky (where the toxicity is usually at a minimum), then I'm not sure what you are talking about.  I've been participating in these threads all year and I haven't seen many Gunter fans who have been disrespectful at all. 

I will mention Eagle8 only because you did because I'm otherwise not bothered by it.  We've just had a conversation that anyone can go back and look at.  I talked football and made predictions.  He called me annoying.  What bothers me is that apparently, according to you, I'm the disrespectful one.  Explain that to me.

2 minutes ago, Pax said:

I think a little bit of this is trolls just bringing out the worst in people.  Gunter has absolutely wonderful fans.  I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if you are basing this on the app, then I'd suggest you don't do that.  For starters, Gunter is not represented by the few no-doubt juveniles who regularly post there, and second - since Gunter won state last year, the Gunter threads this year have been popular simply because people from all over joined the conversation to stir the pot, and people don't react well to it.  If you are talking about here at Smoaky (where the toxicity is usually at a minimum), then I'm not sure what you are talking about.  I've been participating in these threads all year and I haven't seen many Gunter fans who have been disrespectful at all. 

I will mention Eagle8 only because you did because I'm otherwise not bothered by it.  We've just had a conversation that anyone can go back and look at.  I talked football and made predictions.  He called me annoying.  What bothers me is that apparently, according to you, I'm the disrespectful one.  Explain that to me.

Lol....good luck to your magnificent Tigers

19 minutes ago, Pax said:

^^^ this is the kind of stuff that belongs on the app; not on Smoaky.  Thank you for making my point.

OK.....bad luck to you then. I'm not quite sure what you want from me here. Should I submit to the Tiger power? Or be strong and support the Screamin Eagles even though you say they ain't got a snowballs chance in hell? Apparently, when I do either, I'm doing it wrong. By all means good luck to your Tigers. Go get 'em Eagles.

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Man, all I can say is if the Newton vs Gunter matchup does happen like most are predicting will, their might be some fist fighting going on between the two fans by the end of it! 

I think both Newton and Gunter would be getting ahead of themselves by considering that matchup in any serious way.  The numbers suggest a toss up though.  Slightly in Newtons favor.

11 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

OK.....bad luck to you then. I'm not quite sure what you want from me here. Should I submit to the Tiger power? Or be strong and support the Screamin Eagles even though you say they ain't got a snowballs chance in hell? Apparently, when I do either, I'm doing it wrong. By all means good luck to your Tigers. Go get 'em Eagles.

I was referring to your obvious sarcasm, and we both know that.  Come on.... 

I never gave New Diana no chance.  I said ALMOST no chance, and then I supported that with the likely fact that New Diana will need to score tit for tat with Gunter to have any chance - meaning likely every possession, and there is little chance that happens.  Not "no chance", but go ahead and put words in my mouth.  That's just fine. I mean, YOU dont even give ND much of a chance.  You just support them, and thats entirely fine. I've never implied, stated or behaved as if I expect you to bow to my team.  That's an M.O. you've fabricated entirely.  

6 minutes ago, Pax said:

I was referring to your obvious sarcasm, and we both know that.  Come on.... 

I never gave New Diana no chance.  I said ALMOST no chance, and then I supported that with the likely fact that New Diana will need to score tit for tat with Gunter to have any chance, and there is little chance that happens.  Not "no chance", but go ahead and put words in my mouth.  That's just fine. I mean, YOU dont even give ND much of a chance.  You just support them, and thats entirely fine. 

ND simply has little to no defense. However, I truly feel like y'all will struggle containing their offense more than you think.

Just now, Eagle8 said:

ND simply has little to no defense. However, I truly feel like y'all will struggle containing their offense more than you think.

I don't doubt that Gunter will struggle.  I've never stated otherwise. I literally said that in my very first prediction.  I just dont think they struggle anywhere near enough that allows New Diana on the same scoring pace as Gunter will be on - which again will likely be every possession.

16 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

😂😂😂 

You said bad luck. 

2 minutes ago, Pax said:

I don't doubt that Gunter will struggle.  I've never stated otherwise. I literally said that in my very first prediction.  I just dont think they struggle anywhere near enough that allows New Diana on the same scoring pace as Gunter will be on - which again will likely be every possession.

Or they could fumble a couple times and throw a pick like they did against Pottsboro. Who knows.