Tenaha (13-0) vs Timpson (11-2) Rematch 2A-D2 Regional 3 Final

Grayghost

Bears vs Tigers  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2017 at 12:00 AM

Only a moron would play a playoff game on a Saturday when their state championship game is on a thursday at noon, a bigger idiot plays it when his game his championship game is Wednesday at 7.  OR that team/Coach has no expectation of making it that far.

47 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Why ain't this game on Friday or even Saturday?

I would think they wanted Carthage because it’s the best stadium within a short drive for both teams. With the Dawgs playing at SFA on Friday, they probably didn’t have enough personnel available to work a Friday game and give it its due. Carthage does a great job of creating a big game atmosphere for small schools. This late, it doesn’t make sense for a 2A playoff on Saturday. The state title game for this division is on Thursday morning at AT&T, so getting accustomed to a short week is smart planning. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I would think they wanted Carthage because it’s the best stadium within a short drive for both teams. With the Dawgs playing at SFA on Friday, they probably didn’t have enough personnel available to work a Friday game and give it its due. Carthage does a great job of creating a big game atmosphere for small schools. This late, it doesn’t make sense for a 2A playoff on Saturday. The state title game for this division is on Thursday morning at AT&T, so getting accustomed to a short week is smart planning. 

That would make sense for them to do that. 

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Two games in a week is a stretch with the wife!  Plus I will be attending my son’s birthday party on Sat afternoon - ironically enough in Longview!

Yep, the "Loggerhead" is narrow minded that way. I'll try to work on that attitude with her.

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

With a 500 dollar cell phone booster,  a 30 foot tall pole, and some tin foil you can manage 2 bars of signal from the bathroom.   Which is fine.  I like to make all my important personal calls from the toilet anyway.  

Brilliant minds think alike.

On December 3, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Greezychef said:

I noticed that Ontario Thompson went over 2000 yards for the season.   Congrats to that young man.  

I believe Jordan Osby also went over 2,000 for the year. After the Grapeland game last week I think he's around 2,300. Great years for both guys. 

10 hours ago, INTENSIFICATION said:

Should've been played in Center. 

Obviously, you’ve not seen Center’S and Carthage’s stadiums. If you have, it’s a no-brainer. Center has no Jumbotron, and the lights are positioned between the stands and the field, leaving the crowd sitting in the dark. Carthage puts on a great experience for the kids. 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Obviously, you’ve not seen Center’S and Carthage’s stadiums. If you have, it’s a no-brainer. Center has no Jumbotron, and the lights are positioned between the stands and the field, leaving the crowd sitting in the dark. Carthage puts on a great experience for the kids. 

You gonna be there?