6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

14 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I think this not being at Lobo is getting over looked. That place is a nighmare especially for QBs making career start number one. 

Why is that little piece of land in the argument?  You shouldn't let that get into your head.  It is just another stadium.  SMH! :toughguy:

4 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Enjoy your night oppie. But I do know you #### at calling a game. That's just facts.

Um, do you not know the difference between play-by-play and color commentary? He never "called" games that I know of. 

As a player at Longview in the early 00s and fan of Longview before and since, I loved listening to Tyler Lee broadcasts for his color commentary, even if it had a slant for Lee at times. He knows his stuff and has followed the game, Longview, and the entire East Texas area for years, and he has forgotten more than many of us know about all of it. I'd take him doing color for our games in a heartbeat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2017 at 10:11 PM, ANTI said:

As for the prediction, there isn't really anything that indicates Longview loses this game honestly. They just beat what was thought to be the best team in D2, arguably the best in the state in Klein Collins.

Expecting this to be a good game! 2004 all over again.

Anti, dude PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T do THIS right here!!! Just STOP. We still have to go out and EARN this win. We by no means are out of the doghouse just yet. We potentially have SLC, Waco Midway, etc. to worry about IF we even get past Lufkin. #RespectYourOpponent

4 minutes ago, Quick said:

Anti, dude PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T do THIS right here!!! Just STOP. We still have to go out and EARN this win. We by no means are out of the doghouse just yet. We potentially have SLC, Waco Midway, etc. to worry about IF we even get past Lufkin. #RespectYourOpponent

For sure. Lufkin is going to be a huge test and I know our coaches are preaching that to our players. Coach King has acknowledged for a long time that if a man has anything about him (and we know Lufkin does), it's hard to beat them twice. They beat Westbrook something like 50-7 IIRC, and they played The Woodlands tough (yes, I know The Woodlands lost to Rockwall). 

And even if we get past Lufkin, Waco Midway is an unbelievable team as well. 

• Like 1

In other news, every since Klein Collins and Spring Westfield took losses this past weekend, TexasFootball.com has decided to trash their season and not do anymore updates. Typical, though. I would say I am surprised but, I'm not.....

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

007, try not to get caught in the crossfire when the antagonizing starts. Nobody is "mad" about anything haha... Let's just enjoy a great game this Saturday.

I’m mostly bored, but I’ll try lol. I’m tired from work anyways right now lol. So im out of it. Safe travels to everyone making the trip down though. Smack talking and everything else aside, I’m glad it’s the lobos that we’re playing. This is great for East Texas. I’m hoping for a great game and atmosphere on Saturday. Oh yea, and no injuries! And most of all a Panther win!! Lp!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Quick said:

Dude, it's a damn prediction.

Of course we have to earn the win...thats obvious as hell. But Longview is the better team and that's also obvious. You've sold em short all year, meanwhile I said before the season even started that they would be here.

9 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Was Collins a better win the Westfield ? 

Well Collins was better than Westfield so yes.

At least a week ago they were better but I guess since Longview beat em, all of a sudden Westfield > Collins. Imagine believing that. Lol

26 minutes ago, ANTI said:

At least a week ago they were better but I guess since Longview beat em, all of a sudden Westfield > Collins. Imagine believing that. Lol

They were better because the same experts that said Longview and lufkin would lose on Saturday, also said KC was better than WF and the fav to win D2? Let’s be honest, We don’t know who was better. They didn’t play against each other. Y’all said KC was better than DeSoto last season and those same experts said they would win the title last season, but who won the title? How are those predictions working for them? And I’m leaving it there..

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Um, do you not know the difference between play-by-play and color commentary? He never "called" games that I know of. 

As a player at Longview in the early 00s and fan of Longview before and since, I loved listening to Tyler Lee broadcasts for his color commentary, even if it had a slant for Lee at times. He knows his stuff and has followed the game, Longview, and the entire East Texas area for years, and he has forgotten more than many of us know about all of it. I'd take him doing color for our games in a heartbeat. 

Your games maybe. We don't need him in Lufkin. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I dunno. I'm hearing that Westfield would have been favored over Collins. Collins just barely snuck past then last year and Klein Collins clearly took a step back this season. They lost their QB and entire offensive line. Westfield did unload on Northshore this season.

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I dunno. I'm hearing that Westfield would have been favored over Collins. Collins just barely snuck past then last year and Klein Collins clearly took a step back this season. They lost their QB and entire offensive line. Westfield did unload on Northshore this season.

That Westfield defense was on another level. You couldn’t tell me they wouldn’t have a chance against them. 

Clearly took a step back?

They gave up 95 points all season, while averaging over 43 points a game. They had not lost a single fumble all season. They were tested once all season into the 4th quarter, the very first game back after the hurricane.

How is that taking a step back? 

3 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

That Westfield defense was on another level. 

And the KC defense wasn’t? 

We literally scored 25% of all the points that were scored against the Tigers this season, last Saturday.

The difference in the game was they hadn’t lost a turnover battle all season and we forced two of them.

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Clearly took a step back?

They gave up 95 points all season, while averaging over 43 points a game. They had not lost a single fumble all season. They were tested once all season into the 4th quarter, the very first game back after the hurricane.

How is that taking a step back? 

We’re not the only ones saying KC wasn’t as good as last season. A few people that saw them this season and last season said that. 

22 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

We’re not the only ones saying KC wasn’t as good as last season.

34 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Collins just barely snuck past then last year and Klein Collins clearly took a step back this season.

Um....yes you are.