6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

You wouldn’t of been able to stand looking at the thread back in 2014 if you think this is bad. This is nothing compared to back then.

Oh, I've done my research. It was part of the orientation process when I was hired. Part of my job is to read everything said about Longview ISD on the Internet.  😆

• LOL! 2

16 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Who said Lufkin was more talented???? I was talking about Westfield 

You did!

You said earlier......

Statistically, i think better than Longview. And have just as much speed and probably more talent as the team we’re playing against this week.

5 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

You did!

You said earlier......

Statistically, i think better than Longview. And have just as much speed and probably more talent as the team we’re playing against this week.

Read the whole thing. I’m talking about the Westfield defense. You know the team we played last week

24 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

You did!

You said earlier......

That was definitely about Westfield.

Statistically, there’s going to be a lot of teams better than Longview. 

But I disagree on the speed and talent part. 

Outside of Horn, this team has slowed every single offense we have faced. Even Jesuit was slowed until the competitive part of the game was over with. I’ve already said on 6A, that our defense is very much a bend but don’t break defense. They proved it in the opening week by holding Lufkin’s 18 play/8 minute drive to 3 points. They proved it this past weekend against Klein Collins by holding the Tigers on their 19 play/10 minute drive to 3 points. Both series completely changed the game. The amount of turnovers they produce as well is insane. KC had not lost a single fumble all season before Saturday, we forced them to fumble it 3 times and grabbed one. Plus we got another INT.

I still believe we have a huge advantage in the special teams department as well. Just as recently as Saturday, it nearly cost Lufkin. While ours had a huge part in solidifying our win. 

Edit: just got the official stats from Hayden.

28 stops inside the Longview 40, another 10 inside the red zone. 16 turnover on downs for the Lobo D.

• Like 1

Before I say what I’m about to say, I just want everyone to know that this has nothing to do with me being a Lobo fan. Now that being said, KC’s defense was one of the best I’ve seen period. The size, speed and athleticism was ridiculous. D1 athletes everywhere. #22 was a monster and #7 the DB was my player of the game for them honestly. He was all over AC all game and stopped some potential huge passing gains. That being said I know Lufkin has vastly improved throughout this season and Longview could very well be beaten on Saturday but the only way I see that happening is if we turn the ball over. I’m sorry to say it and please don’t get offended but KC’s defense is simply better than LP’s. I still think this game ends with one team winning by no more than 10 points.

• Like 2

Lufkin looked very good to me in the first game.  Great looking O line and RBs. Great looking defense.  The only weak link i saw was the young QB whos not a young QB now.  This game scares me because you can throw the records out the window.  I do feel King is the better coach, just like Outlaw was over King.  This will be a classic and I'm glad East Texas will have a team in the semifinals.  Good luck Panthers and to our Lobos.  I may talk a little smack , but I am very proud of Lufkin this season as well as our Lobos.  

Edited by 85lobooldschool
Misspelled a word
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

I never...not one time....have disrespected Lufkin ! 

A two to three score Longview win prediction was the only thing I called...period  ! 

You, along with your kid buddy Gametyme,  have been the only ones showing disrespect over a single prediction.

You're namecalling AND his "veiled" threat of what he "wished" he could call me here were totally out of line !

All over a single prediction...WOW !!

The boorish "oppie" name you threw out at me (which is misspelled, btw) shows exactly the immaturity you exhibit ! 

I know the Panthers are playing great football right now, that's an obvious thing. I simply believe that IF the Lobos play a clean game offensively then they'll take a two to three score win. 

When I wrote that I was attacked unprovoked by the two of you !

Now...IF Lufkin defeats Longview I will be right here extending congratulations.

I see nothing about disrespect from my way...none whatsoever !!

I will have nothing more to say about the subject  unless it's about the actual matchups, strengths and weaknesses that we'll see on Saturday !

Best regards to your team !

Randy, I just read all of the pages of this thread and I have come to 1 conclusion...

You suck :rofl:

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I have a full 15 second clip of one of them just  wheezing/struggling to breath from the Jesuit game. It's insane.

Kmsl!!!!! Dude, I know it's Petty but, PLEASE upload it for those Lobo faithful that believe we're over exaggerating things. They need to hear it along with the cussing, chewing and "private" conversation that goes on when they forget to use the commercial break button. 

I just died laughing it was SO Hilarious! I mean, after nearly 3 & 1/2 decades of listening to Lobo football, I am still left in awe and scratching my head with our commentators. I don't even get mad anymore. To the outsiders listening for the very, first time it becomes beyond excruciating for them to listen to. Lmao!!! 

2 hours ago, LoboUp95 said:

Before I say what I’m about to say, I just want everyone to know that this has nothing to do with me being a Lobo fan. Now that being said, KC’s defense was one of the best I’ve seen period. The size, speed and athleticism was ridiculous. D1 athletes everywhere. #22 was a monster and #7 the DB was my player of the game for them honestly. He was all over AC all game and stopped some potential huge passing gains. That being said I know Lufkin has vastly improved throughout this season and Longview could very well be beaten on Saturday but the only way I see that happening is if we turn the ball over. I’m sorry to say it and please don’t get offended but KC’s defense is simply better than LP’s. I still think this game ends with one team winning by no more than 10 points.

I know Jaylin Brown got his catches, but #13 was the only defender I have seen this year that could run with him in coverage. Now with that said, Brown did win his share of 50/50 balls due to he is a great receiver. #22 was in on almost all the tackles and was the best LB I have seen in a while. I can see why he has D1 offers.  

I agree that #7 was the MVP for them. He recovered on one pass on the last drive, that if he did not, the game would have been over at that point,  because the receiver was wide open. 

KC had an outstanding defense. I can say this. You would not just line up and run the rock consistently against them. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Quick said:

Kmsl!!!!! Dude, I know it's Petty but, PLEASE upload it for those Lobo faithful that believe we're over exaggerating things. They need to hear it along with the cussing, chewing and "private" conversation that goes on when they forget to use the commercial break button. 

I just died laughing it was SO Hilarious! I mean, after nearly 3 & 1/2 decades of listening to Lobo football, I am still left in awe and scratching my head with our commentators. I don't even get mad anymore. To the outsiders listening for the very, first time it becomes beyond excruciating for them to listen to. Lmao!!! 

I'll look and see if I can find it when I get home from the Stars game tonight. It literally was making me cringe listening to the Jesuit game.

3 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

I know Jaylin Brown got his catches, but #13 was the only defender I have seen this year that could run with him in coverage. Now with that said, Brown did win his share of 50/50 balls due to he is a great receiver. #22 was in on almost all the tackles and was the best LB I have seen in a while. I can see why he has D1 offers.  

I agree that #7 was the MVP for them. He recovered on one pass on the last drive, that if he did not, the game would have been over at that point,  because the receiver was wide open. 

KC had an outstanding defense. I can say this. You would not just line up and run the rock consistently against them. 

They were just as good as we were expecting to be honest. That #7 play you mentioned...I think it was on Kamden Perry...just unreal. They had a similar play on Carter that would've gone for a first down. I was just really impressed with their secondary as the game went along.

It would've been interesting to see a healthy Anderson go up against them, running wise.

8 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

I never...not one time....have disrespected Lufkin ! 

A two to three score Longview win prediction was the only thing I called...period  ! 

You, along with your kid buddy Gametyme,  have been the only ones showing disrespect over a single prediction.

You're namecalling AND his "veiled" threat of what he "wished" he could call me here were totally out of line !

All over a single prediction...WOW !!

The boorish "oppie" name you threw out at me (which is misspelled, btw) shows exactly the immaturity you exhibit ! 

I know the Panthers are playing great football right now, that's an obvious thing. I simply believe that IF the Lobos play a clean game offensively then they'll take a two to three score win. 

When I wrote that I was attacked unprovoked by the two of you !

Now...IF Lufkin defeats Longview I will be right here extending congratulations.

I see nothing about disrespect from my way...none whatsoever !!

I will have nothing more to say about the subject  unless it's about the actual matchups, strengths and weaknesses that we'll see on Saturday !

Best regards to your team !

Look little Randy is back. I've given solid points. Like we ran with success in Week 1 so I think we should be able to move the ball just have to finish drives. That this game is not at Lobo and that has to account for something. But somehow that was taken as blasphemy to Longview. And for you to be an so called expert your prediction was laughable to me and I'm just calling you out on it. 

1 hour ago, TheFootballFan said:

Lufkin is great... we just need to forfeit ... ahhh hmmmmmm..... just saying all this is making me want to yawwwwwwnnnnn ..... we will see what happens

It's just okay for Longview fans and homer Randy to talk up Longview ? 

8 hours ago, Buck1980 said:

Who picked this stadium to play in, it only holds 15,000 if you don’t include the grass hill seats🤔 Longview will bring that many folks by themselves... !!! 😳😳😳😳

I don't know why it wasn't held in Independent Stadium in Sheverport. 

• Like 1