6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

That last Kick off return did it. That allowed Longview to not rush. Also put running the ball on the table.. Omg this one was a punch in the gut lol. Pretty much went how I thought overall it would go. Isish would get his and King would throw some deep TDs. I was saying all week that this game was coming down to a kick. It was multiple kicks from both sides. In the end Longviews special teams play was the difference. 

Matter in fact in need some apologies on here. I took some heat and I think I was pretty accurate. I didn't see the special teams disaster coming like it did. Figured Isiah would have a huge day. Also said I was more afraid of Williams then Anderson. Williams is electric. Thought a kick would decide the game and it ultimately did. 

THAT was one heck of a game !

Lufkin played an outstanding game and deserved a better fate. I was impressed with their determination and grit. They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of...at all. They made me look bad...lol !

As for Longview, I really think the early lead went to their heads. I include the coaching staff as well when stating that...too !

However, in the end, the Lobos regrouped and made a couple more plays in all three phases to pull this one off. 

Congratulations to the Lobos and LP for playing a classic...game for the ages !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MuleSlicks said:

One hell of a football game.  Thanks for the show Longview & Lufkin.  Congrats to the Lobos.   

Shame on stadium concession.  Two people waiting on 10 to 15,000 people. Surely you can do better.  

Even worst, blocking off half the visiting side parking lot , because I believe there was a basketball game going on at the same time as this game. Who ever did the scheduling for this needs to give it to someone else to do the next time. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

If you have followed Quick, you know he clearly wants Haynes to fail.

Quick to criticize em when he messes up, won't give em props when he does well.

He made some bad throws this game, but made way more good throws including the game winning dagger to Kamden.

Quick forgets that Haynes had another TD pass to AC called back because of holding.

Those FG misses were really what I was worried about throughout the game. Not Haynes at all.

Game on the line Haynes put the ball where it needed to be and won the game!  King is a winner 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MuleSlicks said:

One hell of a football game.  Thanks for the show Longview & Lufkin.  Congrats to the Lobos.   

Shame on stadium concession.  Two people waiting on 10 to 15,000 people. Surely you can do better.  

Location was not good.  Women were using the mens restroom because the lines were too long. 1 concession stand?  Parking lot ful an hour before the game?? SFA should not have booked 2 events for the same time

id be interested in knowing the attendance

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

What a great game! One of those games where neither should lose. Well worth the $10 ticket...even if did have to park in another time zone lol.

I got there around 1:15 and everyone was parking on the streets and I thought I was in trouble. I didn' want to walk a mile with 3 girls under the age of 6. But luckily there was still lots of parking in the parking lot. Still had to walk a good ways though. 

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

That last Kick off return did it. That allowed Longview to not rush. Also put running the ball on the table.. Omg this one was a punch in the gut lol. Pretty much went how I thought overall it would go. Isish would get his and King would throw some deep TDs. I was saying all week that this game was coming down to a kick. It was multiple kicks from both sides. In the end Longviews special teams play was the difference. 

I know what you mean but over all specials teams did it’s best to lose this game for us...not sure what the excuse will be but we threw away 5 points that was horrible to watch