6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

To be fair, Edwards was the guy who had the long return yesterday before the final kickoff. But still Williams had already had a kickoff returned for a TD in the first game.

Still should’ve just kicked it out of bounds imo.

+1

10 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

07 how much better is this Midway team than the 08 team in your opinion?   Offense and defense look better to me.  

Much, much better. 

Their offense is all on their quarterback. He’s very Amie/Givens esque from everything I’ve seen/heard.

Their defense won’t be the best D we’ve seen this season but it’s definitely up there. It’s going to be an extremely tough task.

I don’t know what to think about this team anymore tbh. The second I think they’re done, they show up and make the plays and just keep finding ways to win. Just going to enjoy one more week and see what happens. I’m having a blast with this group and could not be more surprised and happy to be sitting where we are. 

Come to play Lobo football. Continue to force turnovers. See what happens.

I'm sure going to hate not seeing Isaiah Phillips on the field as a panther next year, not from Lufkin but it sure was fun watching him this season.  Not talking trash but I know several Lobo fans said he wouldn't run wild on them if they were able to contain KC's D1 commit last week.  What he have, 230-240 yards? 

Big credit to that Oline.  

46 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

So no plans for a non District game? Guess with already having Marshall , longview won't play two 5a squads is that accurate 07?

I'm sure we'll still find a way to atleast add one of Marshall and Lufkin.

We have a big 6A matchup brewing for the next two years so keep an eye on that as well.

15 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

U got video of this catch? The game winning catch

Yes, you can see it here at about the 1:10 mark:

4 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Yes, you can see it here at about the 1:10 mark:

Wow Haynes had 3 guys in his face got hit as he threw the ball what a throw!  I know it was wobbly but considering he was about to get hit just wow!  To have that composure as a sophomore is incredible and something I don’t longview has ever seen.  I have seen a few lufkin posters ask why the defender didn’t knock the ball down I think it was perfectly thrown and that’s why.  Wr had to jump and lay out to catch it....phenomenal play.  If we hadn’t got that play I don’t think we wouldve scored because time

managment was horrendous as always!  We got the ball on 38 with 1:54 left and took us a whole minute to run 3 plays!  Haynes King and our WRs is a huge reason we are this far!

I don't mind saying it: yeah, Haynes made some mistakes. But his ability to shake it off and make plays when the game was on the line was remarkable.

Same with our defense and special teams...  when Lufkin scored that last touchdown, I just shrugged and said, "Well, it was a better season than we expected. Next year we'll be even better." Then the kickoff return, the touchdown pass, the interception.

Man... these kids are special. This team still hasn't peaked yet, and now we've got Jessie back.

If they play a complete game, they win the next two games going away. I'm dead serious. The raw material is there, and these kids have shown the ability to rise to the occasion. 

• Like 1

Last post on this game from me.

Pack007. Just wanted to give you a shout out for your take on the game and standing your ground with the Lufkin fan base and Longview’s as well lol. 

Ie. packattack. (I know he knows we can read what he post on the Lufkin site)

His dislike for Longview cannot be healthy and he is a sore loser. Thanks for the debate this year. You and Tyme were on point and real.  

Hope you enjoyed the journey. It was a good one for the Pack!

I don’t deserve it, but thanks. Yea, It’s time to move on from that stuff. I know we’re rivals and I hate losing to Longview like any other Panther, but we played a good team yesterday. People should be blaming our coaches and special teams if anything for missing opportunities against them, because those things and Turnovers are the key reasons teams lose close games like that. Definitely not saying we didn’t have a good team too, because I believe we did, but at the end of the day y’all got the win. Nothing we say on here or any other forum can change that. PA is a good guy though. Grew up in a different time and I’m sure these close losses to rivals get to him just like they get to me. And he may be right about Midway being better, but it’s time for both sides to move on from this one. I’m just going to be hopeful for the future. Maybe this playoff run will give this program life again. The losses to us i think did it for the Longview program. Maybe these close losses to rivals will do something similar one day. I don’t know. Just hope I’m there to see it if it does happen again. Good luck to bos again the rest of the way! That game and atmosphere was amazing yesterday.

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Not funny to do that to a kid. Certain folks are taking it too far now

I took it as the cry face representing lufkin fans not so much the kid...it was just a great play nothing for him to hang his head about sometimes ppl just make great plays on you 

1 hour ago, Lobouno said:

I took it as the cry face representing lufkin fans not so much the kid...it was just a great play nothing for him to hang his head about sometimes ppl just make great plays on you 

How is it representing lufkin fans, but it’s on the kids face? 

I think the throw worked out best for King but it was maybe not a wise decision lol. As someone stated falling away off his back foot. That will lead to more pics then not. But in all seriousness i was blown away by how good he was overall. Just a sophomore. Very impressive.