6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

32 minutes ago, lobo79 said:

Is there a link to the radio broadcast of the game against Klein?

Dude, although it wasn't as bad as last week, Johnny Vaughn our Lobo commentator needs to get OFF the airwaves with that high-pitch, wheezing he's doing. And, don't get me started on Brent Taylor. Jesus Christ!!! I just sit back and laugh now. 

Brent Taylor will bust out and start hollering and you'd SWEAR the tailback just took it to the house for 99 yards only for him to say, "Williams on a 2 yard gain". I just sit and shake my head. Absolute torture at times to listen to but, they're doing the best they can and can't help it.

24 minutes ago, ANTI said:

1 dude out of how many that post there?

I tell you what, start a thread over there. Ask everyone who was better between KC and WF. I bet you 98% say KC. The other 2% would be you, him and Pack.

I cannot believe I have to explain this but KC was much better in the trenches than Westfield. Had a better offense. Had a better defense, and a better special teams.

Most importantly, KC was better coached and had far more discipline than WF could ever dream of. These are the facts.

By the way, who said KC wasn't better last year? Still doesn't mean they weren't D2 favorite this year. Nobody sure as hell was mentioning Westfield. Westfield getting the most love they've gotten all season within the past 24 hours. Lolz.

You do know Westfield led Klein Collins in the 4th last season. Lost on a missed FG in the end. Westfield was even better this season. Klein Collins lost their entire offensive line and QB. Defense was hit hard by graduation. Westfield returned a lot of their kids. They even got a Div 1 QB that Transferred in that got to play. Honestly you're the one the doesn't know what the "****" you're talking about. Westfield was 7-3 last season entering the playoffs and still took KC to the brink that had their best team in school history. What do you think an undefeated Westfield team that was better would have done had they got a hold of them.

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Honestly you're the one the doesn't know what the "****" you're talking about. 

Lol.........Don't make me laugh.

Since you know so much, why in the hell are you just NOW gassing up Westfield? Haven't said a thing about em all year, hell all week the entire LP board was claiming that Westfield wasn't that great,  how they struggled against teams that weren't as good as LP, calling them undisciplined etc.

Now all of a sudden the last 24 hours they are world beaters...Cmon now. Can't have it both ways. Yall don't know what to think, confused as hell.

Not wasting anymore time on that debate. Everyone who paid attention this year knows what KC was about. Only reason you're so high on Westfield the past 24 hours is simply because LP beat em. You can't provide any substance as to why WF was suddenly better than KC, just like you can't provide any substance as to why LP is suddenly better than Longview.

Your substance equates to "we mad", "this ain't at Lobo". How about actually talking some football and explaining to everyone how LP is better than Longview right now.

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Lol.........Don't make me laugh.

Since you know so much, why in the hell are you just NOW gassing up Westfield? Haven't said a thing about em all year, hell all week the entire LP board was claiming that Westfield wasn't that great,  how they struggled against teams that weren't as good as LP, calling them undisciplined etc.

Now all of a sudden the last 24 hours they are world beaters...Cmon now. Can't have it both ways. Yall don't know what to think, confused as hell.

Not wasting anymore time on that debate. Everyone who paid attention this year knows what KC was about. Only reason you're so high on Westfield the past 24 hours is simply because LP beat em. You can't provide any substance as to why WF was suddenly better than KC, just like you can't provide any substance as to why LP is suddenly better than Longview.

Your substance equates to "we mad", "this ain't at Lobo". How about actually talking some football and explaining to everyone how LP is better than Longview right now.

I've been hitting you with facts kid. You're literally just running your mouth. Find me one post where I ever said Westfield was overrated. They blasted Northshore this season who just blasted Lamar who nearly beat Klein Collins. Do you even know this ? All facts.  

Btw I never said Lufkin was better then Longview right now. I already have you talking points on why I think this will be a good game. We had success running the ball. We are keeping our QB with in the game plan. We switched some players around on defense and have started doing things different on defense that I think will help Saturday slow down a dangerous Lobo offense. I'm just saying Lufkin not about loose by 3 scores like little oppie thinks. 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, SO502 said:

How will the weather affect each team.

Good question...   forecast right now looks to be sunny, in the high 50s.

Should be a beautiful day for football. Both teams will have no excuse for any miscues. 

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Oh. I know they were talking about it on the other forum. I thought they said the 3rd quarter?

It was definitely late 4th quarter bc all of us Longview fans were booing when we thought he faked the injury to stop the clock and save them time bc the play right before that they had another player get injured and it stopped the clock.

I wasn't going to post but thought I should since it seems we are dropping a box of bilboard material in here.....a buddy of mine that I graduated with lives in the Lufkin area....he has seen a few of their later games and says there is no comparison between what we got at Lobo and what we will see at SFA....this will definitely be one of the top 3 teams we have seen all year at the level they are playing now....defensively they are really stout and don't get to flashy on offense like Lufkin of old....

Potential to be a heartbreaker....

• Like 1

Yawwwwwnnnnn ..., ok they are a good team as any should be in 4rth round....,,it’s just lufkin instead of some other named team! Do you really think longview is anything like the team that started the season????? No way!!!!!!! Much better now!!! 100% better so lufkin has a lot to think about also ..,, also the return of a pretty good running back...

1 hour ago, TheFootballFan said:

Yawwwwwnnnnn ..., ok they are a good team as any should be in 4rth round....,,it’s just lufkin instead of some other named team! Do you really think longview is anything like the team that started the season????? No way!!!!!!! Much better now!!! 100% better so lufkin has a lot to think about also ..,, also the return of a pretty good running back...

I hope your right man but 33 years of watching Lobo ball makes me know better

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Quick said:

Dude, although it wasn't as bad as last week, Johnny Vaughn our Lobo commentator needs to get OFF the airwaves with that high-pitch, wheezing he's doing. And, don't get me started on Brent Taylor. Jesus Christ!!! I just sit back and laugh now. 

Brent Taylor will bust out and start hollering and you'd SWEAR the tailback just took it to the house for 99 yards only for him to say, "Williams on a 2 yard gain". I just sit and shake my head. Absolute torture at times to listen to but, they're doing the best they can and can't help it.

I get what ur saying but they are the most diehard lobo fans you can find and they are like 70.  They been there at every game for a long time even in those horrible seasons.  I think they deserve a lot more respect than what ur giving them.  A lot of ppl that can’t go to games are thankful for them.  

8 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I hope your right man but 33 years of watching Lobo ball makes me know better

thanks for bringing some of  us back down to earth king....Longview lufkin in playoffs is almost ALWAYS a dogfight why would we expect any different this year?  

i think it will be close lobos better play clean just last week and with same execution and intensity or it will be sad face city