6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I doubt it. Lufkin views this as a home game and finally has their bandwagon “full” again. 

If Longview has a 50/50 split going, it’ll be a good thing. But I doubt even that happens.

Full? No where near what it was in 2004.  Longview prolly won’t bring as much either but still more than lufkin I think...we will see

11 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if lufkin doesn’t even fill up home side 

I’m not sure if you’re messing around or serious. If you’re serious, I would suggest putting the liquor down. That side will be packed and we’ll definitely have more. If the game was 3 hours away we would have a huge crowd because we’re deep in the playoffs again. But this game is in freakin Nac. I don’t think you understand how close that is for us and how many kids from our school that attend or have friends that attend sfa or live in Nac. That stadium will be full of purple. I’m sure SFA will use our pic again for recruiting too.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’m not sure if you’re messing around or serious. If you’re serious, I would suggest putting the liquor down. That side will be packed and we’ll definitely have more. If the game was 3 hours away we would have a huge crowd because we’re deep in the playoffs again. But this game is in freakin Nac. I don’t think you understand how close that is for us and how many kids from our school that attend or have friends that attend sfa or live in Nac. That stadium will be full of purple. I’m sure SFA will use our pic again for recruiting too.  

I am serious....you may be right but really as long as there is 1 more point on scoreboard for lobos I could care less  it will be fun to see the mass exodus of purple  when they realize it’s over 

21 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Why put Chris at tailback because he's "better"? 

Because you put your best athlete on the field at all cost? 

Body types is overrated. Actual abilities is what counts. Why do you think Anderson played RB this year and Hutchins was FB? Anderson is bigger than Hutchins...but Anderson had better RB attributes than Hutchins. Same story with Johnny Garrett and Mark Johnson in 07. Garrett was bigger, but who played RB? Garrett because he had the better RB attributes. Same with Tyler McCray and Keylon Shaw in 09...list goes on.

Same story with VM and Ivory. I wouldn't have mind either, both were beast but VM was the better RB in HS. VM does himself no favors by going to UT who already had 30 RB's. If he goes elsewhere, he makes the league as well.

7 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

I am serious....you may be right but really as long as there is 1 more point on scoreboard for lobos I could care less  it will be fun to see the mass exodus of purple  when they realize it’s over 

Nvm. I see you’re a troublemaker..

On 12/6/2017 at 10:05 AM, Lion70 said:

Yeah I kinda expect a close game. Heard y'all got that RB that was hurt for this game. Sorry if already mentioned.

No Lufkin WILL NOT score 31 points on Longview. I just saw the highlights of their last weeks game. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Because you put your best athlete on the field at all cost? 

Body types is overrated. Actual abilities is what counts. Why do you think Anderson played RB this year and Hutchins was FB? Anderson is bigger than Hutchins...but Anderson had better RB attributes than Hutchins. Same story with Johnny Garrett and Mark Johnson in 07. Garrett was bigger, but who played RB? Garrett because he had the better RB attributes. Same with Tyler McCray and Keylon Shaw in 09...list goes on.

Same story with VM and Ivory. I wouldn't have mind either, both were beast but VM was the better RB in HS. VM does himself no favors by going to UT who already had 30 RB's. If he goes elsewhere, he makes the league as well.

Again, Ivory was arguably a better athlete- more size and strength with almost the same speed. I don't remember the rest of their numbers from Iron Man that year, but I do remember their speed being almost identical. Body type or not, Chris was a far more physical runner than Vondrell was. That's why he played FB and got more carries in many games. He could've easily played RB just as easily, but we didn't have another great FB on the roster other than Brooks who was already playing DT. 

Vondrell got plenty of playing time at Texas. But drunk driving charges and being academically ineligible will kinda mess up your career. 

17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Vondrell got plenty of playing time at Texas. But drunk driving charges and being academically ineligible will kinda mess up your career. 

Ah, this right here explains everything. You're petty as hell toward him on a personal level. Not sure why, cause he's a Longhorn instead of Aggie? Grow up.

First off, no he didn't get plenty of playing time. How can you when you have players like Jamal Charles (NFL), Fozzy Whitaker (NFL), Chris Ogbonnaya  (NFL), Tre Newton etc in the same exact backfield?

I also believe that arrest happened in 2010, far after Texas had already settled on Fozzy Whitaker and Tre Newton to headline the backfield. Nice attempt to try and pin that as the reason why it didn't work out at Texas though. 👍

31 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't remember the rest of their numbers from Iron Man that year

As important as Iron Man is, it isn't everything. You know who won Iron Man this year?

Lawson. Probably isn't even a top 20 player on the team.

16 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Ah, this right here explains everything. You're petty as hell toward him on a personal level. Not sure why, cause he's a Longhorn instead of Aggie? Grow up.

First off, no he didn't get plenty of playing time. How can you when you have players like Jamal Charles (NFL), Fozzy Whitaker (NFL), Chris Ogbonnaya  (NFL), Tre Newton etc in the same exact backfield?

I also believe that arrest happened in 2010, far after Texas had already settled on Fozzy Whitaker and Tre Newton to headline the backfield. Nice attempt to try and pin that as the reason why it didn't work out at Texas though. 👍

With your logic why would we want Vondrell when we had Christine Michael (NFL),  Cyrus Gray (NFL),  and Ben Malena (NFL then CFL). It doesn't matter that he went to Texas over any other university. I'm sure you will grasp for more straws though. 

Regarding the LV v LP game, I definitely love seeing these two teams play because it will be a great game. Longview wins by 10. 

50 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Personal level? Lol, I mean I did watch him goof off in practice far more than any other player other than maybe Trent Williams, but that's kind of irrelevant. Trent was able to get it together and make the NFL. Vondrell got several starts while at Texas and many touches. But the coaches went with other players. Weren't you the one who JUST said that the coaches put the "best" player on the field? If he was 4th best at Texas, how did you expect him to go to the NFL over them, even if he was on another team? LOL 

The arrest happened in 2010, so he was suspended for the first game. After which he was quickly denied appeal for his academic probation. Being ineligible to play your senior season after disappointing sophomore and junior seasons WILL kind of affect your chances at being successful. Regardless, it's whatever. If you believe he was better than Ivory, then you believe he was better. 

1 hour ago, LoboInAggieland said:

With your logic why would we want Vondrell when we had Christine Michael (NFL),  Cyrus Gray (NFL),  and Ben Malena (NFL then CFL). It doesn't matter that he went to Texas over any other university. I'm sure you will grasp for more straws though. 

What? No one said VM was even considering A&M. A&M wasn't worthy of a VM type of player especially at that time. A 4 star blue chipper? No...not for A&M at that time.

LSU or at least Oklahoma St should have been the landing spot for VM.

5 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

I heard Longview sold 3000 the first day

That's crazy. I know they reported 1700 the first day, maybe they didn't tell the full story?

LP sold a little over 1500.

SFA gonna be packed like a sardine can. I'll personally be there at 11.

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

What? No one said VM was even considering A&M. A&M wasn't worthy of a VM type of player especially at that time. A 4 star blue chipper? No...not for A&M at that time.

LSU or at least Oklahoma St should have been the landing spot for VM.

During his time at Texas, A&M had 4 RBs, all who made it to the NFL:  Mike Goodson, Jorvorskie Lane, Christine Michael, and Cyrus Gray. 

You're right. He wasn't worthy of coming here. We had FOUR who were better.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You're right. He wasn't worthy of coming here. 

Child please. If it wasn't for Manziel (one player), A&M would still be irrelevant to human life. Only recently did they start pulling in blue chippers on a consistent basis and even then, still havent done jack squat. You poor folks probably think Jimbo gonna bring you a Natty, imagine believing that. lol

Btw, I find it funny that someone with "Johnny Football" as their handle is calling out someone like VM for off the field actions. Absolutely hilarious, haha. Also more indication that you have personal hatred toward VM. Just let it go man..

Anyway, Back to this LP-LV game Saturday, looking like 11 mph winds. Early indications of a day full of running the ball.