6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

I can't wait for tomorrow :munch:, I hope we come out on top.  That last game at SFA was a heart breaker to say the least :headbang:.  I would love to win this game and SL to win their's.  That would be a dream game for me!!!  If we lose I will be rooting for Lufkin to win it all ;(, I hope that don't happen.  This team has exactly what coach King said, the IT factor.  I've been to 10 games this year and they have the ability, chemistry, coaching and talent to win.  All we need is the effort and execution Saturday.  Come on Lobos win it!!!!!  :woot:

9 hours ago, Pack007 said:

How is that any different than the beat Lp stuff that’s been going around or the smack talk from lobo fans though? Just wondering. If y’all lose on Saturday, you don’t think that’s going to come back and haunt certain individuals in this thread and on the 6A forum? 

I fully agree! Crow is not tasty. 

Reflecting on the Horn loss, we were down in the first half 45-7 or something like that.  Lots of things went wrong and lots of negative talk came that night and for the next few weeks.  I mentioned Katy and an early season loss and how they went on to win State.

That was 2008 they Lost to The Woodlands 47-0  the second game of the year.  They went on to win state.  One loss never defines a team.

Longview was way better than the 52-34 loss to Horn.  I know the same can be said about Lufkin, but I believe in this team and it's destiny.  Below are my comments right after the Horn loss.

Longview still has the potential to be a good football team. Horn just played Cedar Hill very tight, Loss 28-20. It's just like I said a couple weeks back King just needs to put all the pieces together. It's hard to do that now with all the major injuries. How would it have affected Dekaney if they had lost three starting lineman and Trey Williams. I'm not saying Anderson is on that level yet but he does have DI size, speed, and ability, and still could be a top recruit next year. I agree with what Wolf said the other day we need to put the best 22 on the field no matter what grade their in. It's easy for us to sit in the stands and give our opinion Tom Herman made comments on Forman being moved to the third receivers spot because he was a terrible practice player. That has improved greatly and now so has his playing time. Do any of you remember the preseason loss Katy had several years ago like 35-7 or something like that. They went on to have a great season and I think win state. We have to go out and do what we can as fans and support our team. We can only wait and see what changes King does. Defensively we need to look at changes from TOP to bottom.

Come on all Lobo fans, go to SFA and support our Lobos, cheer from the opening kickoff to the last second of the 4th.  These kids want to win for themselves and for the City of Longview.  Go Lobos beat LP!!!!!

Score was 45-13 at halftime. So many things went wrong in that loss. They caught us at the exact right now in the exact right situation for everything to blow up in our face.

10 QB changes in the first half alone, coupled with horrendous fumbles that weren’t even forced...literally just dropped. 

Thankfully King Sr finally handed the reigns over to Jr in the second half. And well the rest is history. 

Just keep on improving. Keep on producing turnovers. Keep playing Lobo football. 

• Like 3

Just now, carthagedawgs2010 said:

I'm sorry if I missed the post already but I'm assuming the game won't have video broadcast anywhere?

I checked Texan Live and didn't see y'alls matchup listed....kind of surprised by that actually.

It’s on FloFootball.com

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

I was literally coming on here to ask about this. One of my brothers is out of state working and wanted to make sure this was legit. I told him I've only used Texan Drive but id double check. 

Yep it is. 

They did a decent job of covering the West Brook game at Lobo 

11 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

It’s not going to haunt anyone. If we lose we lose.  I want us to win, but what happens on the field will decide that.  That ball bounces funny sometimes.  Lufkin deserves to be here as does Longview. I want us to win and make a statement doing it.  Lufkin could do that exact thing to us.  All we all can do is talk.  Coach King, Coach Quick and their young men will give everything they have all week and especially Saturday. These are two storied programs. Neither has anything to hang their head about if a loss comes.  They have earned the right to be here and the respect that goes with it.  Good luck Lobos and to our East Texas brethren Panthers.   Make us proud Longview Lobos.  We love you!!!!

Great Post

28 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wow. Looking like they may actually break our 2004 record! That'd be awesome. 

That’s going to be crazy if we do. I didn’t think we had a chance to break that record since both teams were undefeated that year. 

I do feel like the rivalry has elevated itself since that 04 game. Not that we weren’t rivals before then or anything...just it’s gotten bigger.

I’m still skeptical we’ll get close to that 27k number but we’ll see.