6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

1 minute ago, RandyJohnson said:

Longview wins with another two to three score beating of their arch rival.

Don't care how much better Lufkin is now as apposed to Week One as the Lobos are simply better...too !

It's about QB play and Haynes King will be too much for Lufkin to handle now as the Lobo starter ! HK goes to 10-0 in hii career in this one !

Boy was just slinging the ball yesterday too many weapons...ac, perry, and that bad man Jaylin brown with king slinging the rock.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

First post updated.

Final 8 teams:
Longview, Lufkin, Southlake Carroll, Hewitt Midway, Cypress Fairbanks, Houston Langham Creek, Austin Westlake and Cibolo Steele.

I'll get my thoughts on Lufkin up here in a minute, but I truly believe we'll see the exact same type of game we saw in 2015 in the playoffs, and that we've seen the last three years really. Close or tied at halftime, then Longview comes out in the 2nd half and pulls away by two scores and wins it.

????? Last three years??? Kordell went out in 2015, which changed that playoff game after being tied 10-10. The game before that was 21-20. We won last year by 11 and I don’t think anyone thought at the start of this season with a new offense and basically defense that we would go in Lobo and win. It is what it is. I like our chances. Lp!!

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

????? Last three years??? Kordell went out in 2015, which changed that playoff game after being tied 10-10. The game before that was 21-20. We won last year by 11 and I don’t think anyone thought with a new offense and basically defense that we would go in Lobo and win. It is what it is. I like our chances. Lp!!

Last three years at halftime....
2015 (1st) - Tied 14-14
2015 (2nd) - Tied 10-10
2016 - Lufkin 14-7
2017 - Longview 14-7

That's what I was saying.

And stop it about the 2015 game being "changed." The Lobo defense stepped up big time, and y'all couldn't stop our rushing attack at all that 2nd half. We never even threw a single pass that second half. There's nothing to suggest that the Lufkin offense would suddenly woken up after that second drive.

6 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Lobos should be the favs after winning the first game and having the better record, but we’ll see. I’m not going to doubt our players. Most people didn’t expect us to beat Westfield. We dominated that game and should’ve won by more. I will say that our offense has to play better to beat the lobos this coming week. Mostly the passing game. The running game with Phillips, Grant and Thomas has been great this year. Just need more slant passes or short routes to go with it. No doubt in my mind though that the Pack will come to play this week. It’s a rivalry game and the fourth round. And again, they are mad about the last meeting. They will have people again doubting them this week and saying they will get blown out and can’t win. I believe in them though. They just beat a very good Westfield team. It’s nothing that says they can’t do the same to Longview. 

Man I would think by now you would learn to be a little more objective.  Longview wasn’t supposed to win either and really lufkin had the better chance yesterday.  Both won here we are.

we are not favs BC we have better record or anything to do with first meeting.  We are the better team at this point!  We have the upper hand on lufkin for past several years.  

Lufkin is mad?  You think Longview doesn’t have a chip in their shoulder with so many doubting us?  Man this the fourth round both teams will be up and Longview just has all the pieces.

lufkin d looks stout and will play well but lufkin offense will be their downfall 

no honest person will be predicting a blowout 

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Last three years at halftime....
2015 (1st) - Tied 14-14
2015 (2nd) - Tied 10-10
2016 - Lufkin 14-7
2017 - Longview 14-7

That's what I was saying.

And stop it about the 2015 game being "changed." The Lobo defense stepped up big time, and y'all couldn't stop our rushing attack at all that 2nd half. We never even threw a single pass that second half. There's nothing to suggest that the Lufkin offense would suddenly woken up after that second drive.

The defense was on the field all game. Our starting Qb went out and the offense couldn’t do anything. Yea, him going out changed things. It’s crazy to suggest otherwise 

1 minute ago, Lobouno said:

Man I would think by now you would learn to be a little more objective.  Longview wasn’t supposed to win either and really lufkin had the better chance yesterday.  Both won here we are.

we are not favs BC we have better record or anything to do with first meeting.  We are the better team at this point!  We have the upper hand on lufkin for past several years.  

Lufkin is mad?  You think Longview doesn’t have a chip in their shoulder with so many doubting us?  Man this the fourth round both teams will be up and Longview just has all the pieces.

lufkin d looks stout and will play well but lufkin offense will be their downfall 

no honest person will be predicting a blowout 

Past several years? You lost last year. If it wasn’t for us choking a 28-0 lead, you would’ve lost that game. 

6 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Past several years? You lost last year. If it wasn’t for us choking a 28-0 lead, you would’ve lost that game. 

Last year we just weren’t a very good team...regular season doesn’t matter anyways past few in playoffs has been Longview 

truth is since outlaw era ended Longview has had the upper hand in the series 

9 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I mean we're 7-2 against y'all in the last 9 meetings...so I think that's what he's referring to...

7 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I know it has been said to get there early but i just want to make sure that people know that SFA has a basketball game at home that Saturday as well so parking will be very limited.

Thanks for the heads up!

16 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I know it has been said to get there early but i just want to make sure that people know that SFA has a basketball game at home that Saturday as well so parking will be very limited.

I feel sorry for the SFA and Rice basketball fans.............80% of the football fans for the Lview/Lf game will probably be parked by 1:00..........Most of the basketball fans normally try to show up no earlier than 1:30(for the 2:00 tipoff), and there will be very little or no parking for them..........Not saying anything is wrong with both games being there, just conversation

Homer Bryce is gonna be LIT!!! I had people hitting me up for tickets/passes before the K-C was even over!

This is gonna be a big two-day draw for Nac. I hope the Chamber of Commerce calls in some backup.  :D 

• Like 1

Longview has such a tremendous following. I know it had to be a little intimidating to see the packed side of the stadium compared to the parents of players that showed up for Klein.  It says a lot about our community and the support given to our team. SFA will be packed!!  My new favorite Lobo shirt...

F87D321F-E014-4CC6-8FB0-4BB7DF9721E5.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Definitely. Doesn’t mean we can’t win on Saturday though. 

You are correct.  This will be one of the toughest games we have played. To use records of numbers of wins/losses against these teams in the past is foolish. Both teams are where they are because they play great football.  This will be a great game!! 

• Thanks 1