6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

29 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’m not doing the back and forth with lobos fans anymore, especially with the ones that wasn’t even on here a few weeks ago. Not even worth it anymore. I’ll let the kids do the talking. I’m hoping the kids can prove the doubters wrong again, play like they’re capable of playing and get the victory. Lp!! See yall in Nac. Leave it alone book. Waste of time. 

Nothing left to be said anyways “lufkin is going to win because they are mad.”  Lol

deuces 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I saw Lufkins offensive line playing very well against Longview when it was run blocking. I saw us struggle trying to throw it all over the place. Lufkin will not come out and do that again. I saw 2 evenly matched team's week 1. Longview happened to be at home and capitalized on Lufkins inability to protect the QB. I think we are going to see a much different game this go around.

I am interested in hearing why you think a Lufkin player is going to over 200 yards rushing on us when a Klein Collins team that has manhandled teams rushing on them this season could only manage 155 on us...

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

I am interested in hearing why you think a Lufkin player is going to over 200 yards rushing on us when a Klein Collins team that has manhandled teams rushing on them this season could only manage 155 on us...

Because they are mad lol 

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Yeah I got an good idea. Typical Lobo blow hard. That likes to hear himself talk.

You don't even know me !

Assume much...eh book ?

Promises...promises !

Internet tough guy !

LMAO !

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Well we had 189 rushing last game on you guys. Phillips had 165 if it. You take away the 8 sacks we was well over 200. We just rolled 200+ on Westfield defense. Lufkin certainly capable. 

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I don't have you guys facts. Our RB had 165 last time. You think it's crazy to thing he can't do it again when he just went wild on a better defense a week prior. 

Better defense!?  Whoa cowboy is that a fact or just ur opinion?  

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Well we had 189 rushing last game on you guys. Phillips had 165 if it. You take away the 8 sacks we was well over 200.

You had 183 with 80 plays of offense. 80+ of that came on the eight minute drive in the 3rd quarter, and another drive of it came with our 2s in. I can guarantee you, you will not have 80 snaps of offense this week, unless there's overtime.

That brings up a better point too, what makes you think you can stop our defensive rush from getting 8 sacks again?

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

You had 183 with 80 plays. 80+ of that came on the eight minute drive in the 3rd quarter, and another drive of it came with our 2s in.

That brings up a better point too, what makes you think you can stop our defensive rush from getting 8 sacks again?

You and ur logic...there you go making sense.  They mad man that’s all you need to know 

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

Better defense!?  Whoa cowboy is that a fact or just ur opinion?  

Statistically they were suppose to be! But that was after all week of hearing how they haven't played anyone on the Lufkin board! ;)

1 minute ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

It is only Sunday and it is off the rails.  SMH!

GO LOBOS!

I'm just bored tonight and don't want to have to listen to our Lobo crew breathing like they're having a stroke on the air right now lol.

I'll get audio highlights up later tonight though from Collins!

• LOL! 2

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

You had 183 with 80 plays of offense. 80+ of that came on the eight minute drive in the 3rd quarter, and another drive of it came with our 2s in. I can guarantee you, you will not have 80 snaps of offense this week, unless there's overtime.

I think we can sustain long drives Saturday just the same. We were able to do it to Westfield. Who has a better defense and yes that is my opinion but maybe a widely accepted one. In just saying. This game is not in Longview. That makes a difference. Also I don't think we can stop Longview from getting 8 sacks if we ask Thomas to throw routes that take time to develope. We have to keep them quick. Short and intermediate. Choose the right moment to take a shot. If not then yeah he's going to get sacked early and often and it won't be close.

10 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Statistically they were suppose to be! But that was after all week of hearing how they haven't played anyone on the Lufkin board! ;)

They were a pretty good unit 14 is our season low. Longview certainly comparable but Westfield Dline was nasty. I have it on Texan live if you want to watch it. Just PM me

13 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I'm going to drag 007 in it before it all said and done. He can't sit idle and let me take all the punches.

I'm pretty confident that 007 can hold his own. Y'all need to drag up 06 so HE can be the punching bag! He loved to argue.

GO LOBOS 

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Well we had 189 rushing last game on you guys.

I don't really care about yards, I care about the scoreboard.

BUT you brought it up, 189 is cute. We had 243.

We are running the ball much better than back then + we have a passing attack.

I don't know if you realize, but Klein Collins was probably the best team in the state. WE JUST BEAT THEM. Phillips is good but we just shutdown one of the best backs in Texas in Spiller from Collins. Lobo fans have every reason to be optimistic right now. We are just the better team, Longview by 14.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I don't really care about yards, I care about the scoreboard.

BUT you brought it up, 189 is cute. We had 243.

We are running the ball much better than back then + we have a passing attack.

I don't know if you realize, but Klein Collins was probably the best team in the state. WE JUST BEAT THEM. Phillips is good but we just shutdown one of the best backs in Texas in Spiller from Collins. Lobo fans have every reason to be optimistic right now. We are just the better team, Longview by 14.

I agree with you on that Longview was very successful at Lobo stadium running the ball. Passing was bad for both teams but worse for Lufkin. But I bring up the yards to point out that Lufkin very much moved the ball and even went on a really long drive that ended in a FG. 24 first downs is a lot. We just have to translate that into more points. I know Spilled is a good RB but give me my man Isaiah Phillips any day of the week. He is a work horse. This kid was a LB last season. He will play Div 1 football. 

Was Collins a better win the Westfield ? Collins Stuggled with Lamar. Lamar just got waxed by NS. Westfield waxed Northshore this season. Now I know this is just a bunch of junk but I think we both had equally big wins. 

• Like 1