6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

nUNKDne.jpg

If you watch film of both teams over the course of this season (especially in the playoffs), you see how far they've both come. 

Lufkin does several things well. The line has good size and has above-average mobility. The RB runs hard and doesn't come down easy, The QB is smart at moving in the pocket to find time, and his wideouts have the straight-line speed to break a bubble screen into a big play. The defense is opportunistic, with an excellent pass rush off the ends and a disciplined secondary. The DBs are good at finding the ball, and are physical enough to contest any catch if they have position.  

Call me crazy, but if I'm either team, I don't even bother with week one's film. Both these teams have come so far since then. While I'm confident that Longview is the better team, I think a rout is highly unlikely

This would be a big game even if both squads were winless. But factor in a State semifinal berth and you have two rabid fanbases and two dynamic programs. This is the cream of the crop of East Texas football, y'all. Enjoy every bit of it!

Longview wins, 45-27.

• LOL! 1

It will all play out on the field.  Lobos dont turn the ball over too much and cover the deep ball we'll be ok.  Haynes has grown up a lot.  I told my brother a few weeks ago,  it would be tuff if we meet Lufkin again.  If the kids have their head on right and come to play.  Lobos 31 panthers 24.  

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Clearly took a step back?

They gave up 95 points all season, while averaging over 43 points a game. They had not lost a single fumble all season. They were tested once all season into the 4th quarter, the very first game back after the hurricane.

How is that taking a step back? 

The thing that told me how good kc was more than anything is playing two teams whom they gave their only loss too who both made it to the 3rd round.  That settle it  for me 

the 95 points they gave up is ridiculous too 

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Abe North...yet the last time y'all played at SFA, these kids weren't even 10 yet.

Omg, this one is on a roll today. Playoff wise as a program I do consider it to be a second home because of location. I wasn’t saying that because of familiarity with the kids and staff. Just location. I dont think you have to play at a facility a billion times for it to be your second home. It’s like our playoff Home as a program, which is why i called it Abe north. Just like some Houston kids may look at NRG and The kids from the DFW may look at AT&T when they play teams from several miles away. Rose stadium or Shreveport is like that for y’all. Not just because the kids are familiar with it. The location. It’s the stadium we used to could put on the table and use for flips against the DFW schools or Longview when they wanted either rose or Shreveport in the past. It’s our playoff Home/Abe north imo

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

It’s our playoff Home/Abe north imo

Whatever makes ya feel better.

It really feels like y'all want us to be intimidated by playing at SFA or by playing the Pack a second time. I don't understand that at all, but whatever makes ya feel better.

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Matthias said:

nUNKDne.jpg

Call me crazy, but if I'm either team, I don't even bother with week one's film. Both these teams have come so far since then. While I'm confident that Longview is the better team, I think a rout is highly unlikely

This would be a big game even if both squads were winless. But factor in a State semifinal berth and you have two rabid fanbases and two dynamic programs. This is the cream of the crop of East Texas football, y'all. Enjoy every bit of it!

Longview wins, 45-27.

THAT score disparity prediction looks and sounds fairly convincing...Matthias !

You're going to catch the LP crowd's dander on that one...lol !

IF Longview's offense takes care of the ball then that prediction or something similar will come to pass.

It can be debated that an 18 point win isn't a close outcome but rather a blowout...

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

Now all the sudden they like Nac 

I didn’t know the Dragons played there. But whatever, where did you come from again? Don’t remember you last season or are you just one of those lobos that only show up when they make it this far in the playoffs and then disappear when they lose and create websites calling for a certain coach to be fired?

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Whatever makes ya feel better.

It really feels like y'all want us to be intimidated by playing at SFA or by playing the Pack a second time. I don't understand that at all, but whatever makes ya feel better.

You’re not playing on Saturday. So why in the world would i want you to feel intimidated? 

11 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

THAT score disparity prediction looks and sounds fairly convincing...Matthias !

You're going to catch the LP crowd's dander on that one...lol !

IF Longview's offense takes care of the ball then that prediction or something similar will come to pass.

It can be debated that an 18 point win isn't a close outcome but rather a blowout...

LOL, yeah, I thought someone might pick up on that. ;)

But I tend to define a blowout as "we got a bunch and they ain't got none," or if one team dominates the game from start to finish.

I think this game is gonna be very tight for 3.5 quarters, with Lobo pulling away toward the end. I can also see a couple late "cosmetic" scores in the fourth quarter making this appear to be more of a runaway than it actually was.

Thus my apparent contradiction of "close game" and "Lobos win by almost 20."  :D 

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I didn’t know the Dragons played there. But whatever, where did you come from again? Don’t remember you last season or are you just one of those lobos that only show up when they make it this far in the playoffs and then disappear when they lose and create websites calling for a certain coach to be fired?

Lol Man U don’t know me and I don’t have to explain anything to you but I been around a long time 

8 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

He’s talking about the team man 

u special 

I didn’t post any of this on Twitter about SFA so the guys from lv could see it. So, please tell me how I’m trying to make them feel intimidated? Not even sure why that word was even mentioned after reading my post. I wasn’t even saying anything about the lobos in my post. I swear, I’ve mostly said good things this week about the lobos. Heck, all year. But it seems some of y’all just want people to just come on here and say how good they are and to agree with others that say we basically don’t have a chance in this one. You clearly don’t know me if you think that’s going to happen, especially this week.

6 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I didn’t post any of this on Twitter about SFA so the guys from lv could see it. So, please tell me how I’m trying to make them feel intimidated? Not even sure why that word was even mentioned after reading my post. I wasn’t even saying anything about the lobos in my post. I swear, I’ve mostly said good things this week about the lobos. Heck, all year. But it seems some of y’all just want people to just come on here and say how good they are and to agree with others that say we basically don’t have a chance in this one. You clearly don’t know me if you think that’s going to happen, especially this week.

I don’t want you to you to say u don’t have a chance but you and  GameTyme have basically given 3 reasons y’all think y’all win

1. Y’all are mad about week 1 loss

2. Rb had a lot of yards in first game 

3. Westfield better than kc 

i don’t think lufkin can’t win just don’t think they will