Centerville (10-3) vs. San Augustine (13-0)

SAWolfman

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:00 AM

Wolves beat down Carlisle and gets revenge for getting knocked out of the playoffs last year!  Farthest SA has been since the 2003 State Championship season!  Facing a big Centerville team...I just dont think they can contain our offense!  Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

This is true Wolfman. Lambo we aren’t Joaquin lol. We will be prepared. 

Idc who you are CV is gonna come to play and they're gonna bring the hat. I think y'alls offense will be too much for em but 99 and 42 are gonna get theres... My advise would be to wear those shins out until they quit comin so hard.

1 hour ago, SAWolfman said:

Wolves beat down Carlisle and gets revenge for getting knocked out of the playoffs last year!  Farthest SA has been since the 2003 State Championship season!  Facing a big Centerville team...I just dont think they can contain our offense!  Thoughts?

I total agree they will not stop you. One thing makes me wonder if cv could upset y’all is that you had trouble stopping altos big man. I think cv big man is a better runner and that’s not all you have to worry about you key on 99 and 42 runs around the corner. I still think sa wins but could be close 

1 minute ago, Lion1996 said:

I total agree they will not stop you. One thing makes me wonder if cv could upset y’all is that you had trouble stopping altos big man. I think cv big man is a better runner and that’s not all you have to worry about you key on 99 and 42 runs around the corner. I still think sa wins but could be close 

99 is Thackers size with more heart and determination... oh and a better athlete. Kid didn't get an offer from a&m for nothing. IMO if they can make one of CVs studs be ineffective the other one won't be able to keep it close. Me personally I'd focus on shutting down 42 and make 99 tote the rock wear them shins out and hope he gets tired in the 4th. If S.A. could pull that off it shouldn't even be close.

Big Sandy & Rivercrest were able to move the ball at will against Cville. They don't have much of defense but their best defense is their offense. SA defense needs to come out like it has the entire playoffs and force some early stops. If they are able to get ahead say 21-7 or 28-14 by halftime and FORCE Cville to pass it could get ugly. Tigers entire offense goes through #99, #42 is heck of a player as well but #99 is their hoss. He's gunna be their go to guy in the passing game usually up the seam & by splitting him out wide. SA has got some undersized LB's but they are FAST & they will hit you. Cville is pretty dang big all across the board so if they are able to set their blocks & the backs can turn their shoulders upfield than SA better watch out cause their are some trains coming downhill (Thacker gave SA some serious problems when they met up). The way SA played last night I think it was their best performance all year. Davis ended up with 323 rushing yards & 5 TD's (+43 receiving & 1 TD). Murr had 258 yards & 2 TD's. 

SA last met Centerville in 2014 and got blown out. Cville hung 83 on SA. 

This SA team is rolling right now. 

SA - 51

Centerville - 30

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LPack said:

Big Sandy & Rivercrest were able to move the ball at will against Cville. They don't have much of defense but their best defense is their offense. SA defense needs to come out like it has the entire playoffs and force some early stops. If they are able to get ahead say 21-7 or 28-14 by halftime and FORCE Cville to pass it could get ugly. Tigers entire offense goes through #99, #42 is heck of a player as well but #99 is their hoss. He's gunna be their go to guy in the passing game usually up the seam & by splitting him out wide. SA has got some undersized LB's but they are FAST & they will hit you. Cville is pretty dang big all across the board so if they are able to set their blocks & the backs can turn their shoulders upfield than SA better watch out cause their are some trains coming downhill (Thacker gave SA some serious problems when they met up). The way SA played last night I think it was their best performance all year. Davis ended up with 323 rushing yards & 5 TD's (+43 receiving & 1 TD). Murr had 258 yards & 2 TD's. 

SA last met Centerville in 2014 and got blown out. Cville hung 83 on SA. 

This SA team is rolling right now. 

SA - 51

Centerville - 30

That SA team couldn't stop a cold...

24 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

This is true Wolfman. Lambo we aren’t Joaquin lol. We will be prepared. 

How was Joaquin not prepared? They lost a 20-10, hard nosed football game. It was 7-7 at the half. I think anyone at the game or from either side would say that both teams had their chances to win the game and Centerville got the job done. Centerville will dominate the LOS against SA and SA will dominate the perimeters. Should be a great game Regional Final game. IMO a huge factor that nobody has brought up is the what road each team has had to take to this game. Centerville has had to go through Joaquin, Big Sandy, and Rivercrest. While SA has had Deweyville, Wolf City, and Carlisle. No doubt that Centerville has had the much tougher road and that can take a toll on you after 4 weeks or it can mean they are more battle tested...we will all see next Friday. Good luck to both very deserving teams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twostepsahead said:

How was Joaquin not prepared? They lost a 20-10, hard nosed football game. It was 7-7 at the half. I think anyone at the game or from either side would say that both teams had their chances to win the game and Centerville got the job done. Centerville will dominate the LOS against SA and SA will dominate the perimeters. Should be a great game Regional Final game. IMO a huge factor that nobody has brought up is the what road each team has had to take to this game. Centerville has had to go through Joaquin, Big Sandy, and Rivercrest. While SA has had Deweyville, Wolf City, and Carlisle. No doubt that Centerville has had the much tougher road and that can take a toll on you after 4 weeks or it can mean they are more battle tested...we will all see next Friday. Good luck to both very deserving teams. 

SA would cake walk through that side of the bracket as well...

26 minutes ago, twostepsahead said:

Just because Joaquin was on one side of the bracket doesn't mean it was the biggest test in region 3...

I think you could say that SA could win all of those games, but to say they would cake walk those three teams is crazy. There is a huge difference between each of the teams playoff roads. Deweyville (4th place team) was beaten 41-6 by Centerville and 34-0 by Lovelady. Wolf City (beat UG by 1 to advance, same UG team who got beat by Cushing) and was beaten 60-27 by Rivercrest. Carlisle was the 4th place district team (and anytime you beat Carlisle is a good win, they are always game and a very good team). While Centerville beat Joaquin (who lost 3 games this year, undefeated Tenaha by 1, SA, and Centerville...both close tough games. Big Sandy only had one loss and that was to a healthy Alto, and Rivercrest was 12-0. 

SA and Centerville are the best two teams in the region and that’s why they are playing this week. Congrats to both teams. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twostepsahead said:

I think you could say that SA could win all of those games, but to say they would cake walk those three teams is crazy. There is a huge difference between each of the teams playoff roads. Deweyville (4th place team) was beaten 41-6 by Centerville and 34-0 by Lovelady. Wolf City (beat UG by 1 to advance, same UG team who got beat by Cushing) and was beaten 60-27 by Rivercrest. Carlisle was the 4th place district team (and anytime you beat Carlisle is a good win, they are always game and a very good team). While Centerville beat Joaquin (who lost 3 games this year, undefeated Tenaha by 1, SA, and Centerville...both close tough games. Big Sandy only had one loss and that was to a healthy Alto, and Rivercrest was 12-0. 

SA and Centerville are the best two teams in the region and that’s why they are playing this week. Congrats to both teams. 

The SA/Joaquin game was not close

23 minutes ago, twostepsahead said:

And you showing out in SA that night made it that much better!