Centerville (10-3) vs. San Augustine (13-0)

SAWolfman

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:00 AM

5 hours ago, Crawford said:

Hard to stop a freight train when it's steam rolling through the playoffs

Wolves by 21

I agree with this. But don't over look CV... What's that they say in boxing? The heavy hitters always have a punchers chance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

Seriously though, I think SA will be just to much for them, but they will have to play a really good game. If they have an off night, anything can happen.

Well they have been beat...we aren't scared of em...they need to be scared of us!

4 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Well they have been beat...we aren't scared of em...they need to be scared of us!

I'm not sure they have it in them to be scared of anything. That being said they would be smart to proceed with caution.

I don’t know that scared is a good choice of words, but I did see someone say earlier that Centerville was more proven this year and I’m still trying to figure that out. They play in a weak district and other than Joaquin haven’t really played anyone worth talking about in the playoffs. I’m pretty sure SA beat Joaquin this year as well and even Joaquin thinks SA beats Centerville. To whomever said they had a chance, shoot it’s like ol Jerry said they always gave the coon a sportin chance, he said Marcel would climb up in the tree and knock the coon out of the tree in amongst all them dogs, but at least the coon had the choice of whipping all them dogs and walking off if he wanted too.  I sat next to a guy from Deweyville at the Carthage game Friday night and he was far from impressed with Centerville, but hey he’s only been in and around football for 55 years and is a retired coach so he probably doesn’t know. 

7 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

I don’t know that scared is a good choice of words, but I did see someone say earlier that Centerville was more proven this year and I’m still trying to figure that out. They play in a weak district and other than Joaquin haven’t really played anyone worth talking about in the playoffs. I’m pretty sure SA beat Joaquin this year as well and even Joaquin thinks SA beats Centerville. To whomever said they had a chance, shoot it’s like ol Jerry said they always gave the coon a sportin chance, he said Marcel would climb up in the tree and knock the coon out of the tree in amongst all them dogs, but at least the coon had the choice of whipping all them dogs and walking off if he wanted too.  I sat next to a guy from Deweyville at the Carthage game Friday night and he was far from impressed with Centerville, but hey he’s only been in and around football for 55 years and is a retired coach so he probably doesn’t know. 

I think we all expect S.A. to win this game. Don't let them boys get a big head though Centerville would love nothing more than to knock it off.

• Like 1

I think this game boils down to how often SA can get stops and get their defense off the field, particularly in negative territory for Centerville. Once they cross midfield, the Tigers are in four down territory. I think Centerville will struggle to get consistent stops on SA’s offense. For that reason, Centerville needs to keep Murr and company on defense for long stretches. If they can move the ball consistently and score on pretty much every possession, they can wear the SA defense down. I don’t see them being able to slow down the passing game. Once they go to 5 DBs, KJ will start breaking off chunk plays. 

Im taking SA.

Wolfpack 42

Tigers 21

12 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

You think even theyre own 45 or 40 is 4 down territory?

I think so. I honestly don't think they believe they can slow SA down. The facial expressions the Cville coaches scouting at the game Friday said it all. Seeing all the big plays & hurry up offense SA was running might of shook them a bit. They are gunna have to hold the ball and grind out first downs from their 45 on.

2 minutes ago, LPack said:

I think so. I honestly don't think they believe they can slow SA down. The facial expressions the Cville coaches scouting at the game Friday said it all. Seeing all the big plays & hurry up offense SA was running might of shook them a bit. They are gunna have to hold the ball and grind out first downs from their 45 on.

I saw them stand up and leave after the 99 yard td pass

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

You think even theyre own 45 or 40 is 4 down territory?

I think that probably depends on down and distance, and how successful they are on 3rd down. If they gain 6 yards on 3rd and 7, then yeah, they’re probably going for it. 99 can fall forward from 2 yards behind the LOS and move the sticks. 4th and 5, I think might depend on the score and how much time is left, and how much success they’ve had on defense. 

If it's close at halftime, look out. CV coaches made great halftime adjustments against Rivercrest offensely. Rivercrest had a lead in the third. Once a play started one direction, Rivercrest had to send everyone to the edge, CV started the sweep, then cut back to the middle where no one was. Then it was watching 42 run. This should be a great game, hope both teams come out of it healthy and represent reg3 the rest of the way.