Jump to content

Centerville (10-3) vs. San Augustine (13-0)


SAWolfman
 Share

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

hearing 99 is out for cville....tough loss if he is...but still need to game plan for him anyway

If he doesn’t play, that’s definitely a game-changer. IMO, he’s their best player on both sides of the ball. I really hope that’s not the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hearing broke ankle, but still not sure I believe it.  However, there is one thing I am sure of, if he doesn't get to play and SA gets the W, it will only be because he didn't get to play or at least that is what folks on this site will say(I typed that in my best sarcasm font).  I truly hope if it is true the young man is ok because by all accounts he is a stellar athlete and if it isn't true I hope we can shut him down Friday night.  Good luck to both teams.  Go get em SA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

I sense butthurt.   Perhaps you need the ice? 

Not butthurt at all, but(pun intended) it seems to have been a common statement made by every team SA has beat this year.  I just wish we could play Tenaha and then you would understand the meaning of butthurt lol.  Greezy you'll learn one day that most everything I say is in good fun and I am far from butthurt, I just think it's comical that in 13 games over half of our opponents have used the excuse that the reason we won was because their best player was on the sidelines.  I truly hope that both SA and Centerville are all healthy going into Friday nights game and coming out of the game as well.  Whichever teams wins will face a dang good Refugio or Mason team the next week and will need every weapon they have!  I hope that Tenaha has enough weapons to beat Timpson this week as well that way you're not butthurt this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bystander76 said:

I am hearing broke ankle, but still not sure I believe it.  However, there is one thing I am sure of, if he doesn't get to play and SA gets the W, it will only be because he didn't get to play or at least that is what folks on this site will say(I typed that in my best sarcasm font).  I truly hope if it is true the young man is ok because by all accounts he is a stellar athlete and if it isn't true I hope we can shut him down Friday night.  Good luck to both teams.  Go get em SA

Don’t get me wrong, I think SA is the favorite even if Centerville is at 100%. Having that kid out, IMO, makes it much tougher on them. If you’ve seen much film of them, you know what I’m talking about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think SA is the favorite even if Centerville is at 100%. Having that kid out, IMO, makes it much tougher on them. If you’ve seen much film of them, you know what I’m talking about. 

Oh I agree blue, but I ain't gonna cut you fellas any slack either lol.  Like I say I hope that it's not true...1) I don't want to see a kid get injured to a point they can't play, ever, especially this deep in the playoffs and 2) I want SA to be able to say they beat the same team in Centerville that everyone else had to play and since he is their workhorse, he needs to be able to play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Pretty sure you seem butthurt.  

My hemorrhoids did flare up the other day, but not sure how you knew that.  You been stalking me in the preparation H aisle at the local Walmart again?  Hey everybody wants to be somebody, so I get it.  You should speak next time tho!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

My hemorrhoids did flare up the other day, but not sure how you knew that.  You been stalking me in the preparation H aisle at the local Walmart again?  Hey everybody wants to be somebody, so I get it.  You should speak next time tho!!!

Oh nice one

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow this should be a great game. I you would have polled every regular Smoaky poster a month ago, I don't think anyone outside of Centerville would have thought they could win a matchup with SA. After the last 3 weeks though, I think SA better bring their "A" game and a sack lunch because this one is going to be a war. I still think SA wins because they are a very complete team in all areas. Good luck to both teams and I pray that all the kids come out healthy and walk off the field knowing they played their best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:37 AM, 1Rebelblue said:

If it's close at halftime, look out. CV coaches made great halftime adjustments against Rivercrest offensely. Rivercrest had a lead in the third. Once a play started one direction, Rivercrest had to send everyone to the edge, CV started the sweep, then cut back to the middle where no one was. Then it was watching 42 run. This should be a great game, hope both teams come out of it healthy and represent reg3 the rest of the way.

So nice to see you here..

How was your weekend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Realignment could get interesting.  San Augustine, Joaquin, Tenaha, Timpson, Shelbyville and Garrison all be 2A D1 and should be in one district but you never know.  This would be interesting after this year's playoff results though.  I know Joaquin got out early but that's not all that typical, but Timpson, Tenaha, and SA playing in regional final games this weekend and Garrison got put out last week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...