panamamyers on SETX

HearEmaGrowlin

10 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Katy would absolutely woodshed Carthage. # alone would be enough. Heck Longview would beat Carthage straight up don't kid yourself . Carthage has beat what two 10 win teams this year. Man get off your high horse and back to reality

Coming from YOU, that's hilarious!!!!

Katy’s players are 6’3” 270 running 4.45 40s - every one of them. Except the WR’s are all 6’4” 210 running 4.30 and the linemen on both sides are 6’5” 305 and heavier running 4.85s in the 40.

The entire team from last year is now playing collegiate football somewhere, all D1 of course.

We would be advised by all that Carthage has like one player on its entire roster that could even hope to be a backup for Aledo/Allen/Katy/SLC at any position; bunch of scrubs there in Panola County. No college coach needs ever put Carthage into their GPS.

CHS needs to stay in its lane and know its place. 

All the Texas big schools are Alabama, whose players truly are all ex-stand out high school players now in D1. 

12 minutes ago, DTrump said:

David Whitmore

Thomas Everitt

And I think there was a TE that did.

Thomas Everett graduated from Daingerfield in the spring of 1983..........Was not on the team in 1983.......He had a brother that  was on the team, and was really good

I saw Daingerfield 83 and I can guarantee Katy of 83 would have gotten spanked by 83 Daingerfield. 

Todays Katy like all players is a different story. Players are bigger, faster, and stronger. 

Most of you never saw them play, here is a stat for you to think about. 

There were 560 plays run against the Daingerfield defense in 16 ball games for a grand total of 560 FEET. That is 12 inches gained per play. So leave the greatest high school defense to ever play the game out of this conversation. 

They were freaks, they were big, strong and fast. Their secondary were state champs in track. 

Carthage would move the ball on any team. Holding them to negative yards is a stupid statement. 

They would beat a bunch of 5A schools, have many times before. 

They would also beat some 6A teams that are not very good. 

The Longview’s, Katy’s, and Allen would beat the Dawgs and badly, but the Dawgs would still move the ball. You people (Lion70) can’t stand the Dawg success, 

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I saw Daingerfield 83 and I can guarantee Katy of 83 would have gotten spanked by 83 Daingerfield. 

Todays Katy like all players is a different story. Players are bigger, faster, and stronger. 

Most of you never saw them play, here is a stat for you to think about. 

There were 560 plays run against the Daingerfield defense in 16 ball games for a grand total of 560 FEET. That is 12 inches gained per play. So leave the greatest high school defense to ever play the game out of this conversation. 

They were freaks, they were big, strong and fast. Their secondary were state champs in track. 

Carthage would move the ball on any team. Holding them to negative yards is a stupid statement. 

They would beat a bunch of 5A schools, have many times before. 

They would also beat some 6A teams that are not very good. 

The Longview’s, Katy’s, and Allen would beat the Dawgs and badly, but the Dawgs would still move the ball. You people (Lion70) can’t stand the Dawg success, 

A very good post, with one exception..........Daingerfield's defense was not big..........Biggest guy on defense might have weighed 200----I knew him at SFA, and he did get bigger in college.........But their offense line was big/huge

2 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Wow! you have no idea! WOS would give Carthage all they want, but to say the bigger schools couldn't stop Carthage is ridiculous. Katy, Aledo, heck even PAM would keep Carthage from getting past the 50yard line.  Beating Silsbee should have been a given! Just be glad your not in DII or you would have been airing up the roundball last Friday!!

You know... I think you should seek help for your drug addiction.

Wonder how many of these posters talking about 5A/6A schools shutting down Carthage have actually watched 5A/6A games on a regular basis.

Carthage is as dynamic and impressive on offense as just about anybody in the state. There may be a team out there that could slow down the Carthage Offense, heck, maybe even keep them out of the end zone. But, there is not a team out there that would keep them from crossing the 50 yard line or hold them to negative yards.

Now the Defense is another story. 

Guys, again, I am NOT saying Carthage would defeat the Katy/Aledo/Allen types. I am saying they could move the ball and our starters on both sides this year would do more than hold their own against their starters.

Earlier I chastised Lion70 for making a statement about depth. Carthage has depth, but those big schools do have better depth and it would be a difference maker were they ever to play. Also, not every year will Carthage have the large number of game changers at the skill positions we have this year. Those big schools do have a much more consistent talent level year to year.

I got worked up and shouldn’t have.

I stand by my opinion that CHS could move the ball on anybody and I do believe this year they could beat a large number of 5A schools and some 6A schools, but not the elite ones.

I will never understand why that infuriates some people so much as it’s all just opinions about football on a sports forum. It’s fun to discuss and I’m backing off.

DN15’s post on the Carthage/Henderson thread reeled me back in.

Thanks boys.

7 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Wonder how many of these posters talking about 5A/6A schools shutting down Carthage have actually watched 5A/6A games on a regular basis.

Carthage is as dynamic and impressive on offense as just about anybody in the state. There may be a team out there that could slow down the Carthage Offense, heck, maybe even keep them out of the end zone. But, there is not a team out there that would keep them from crossing the 50 yard line or hold them to negative yards.

Now the Defense is another story. 

👍

44 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

I never understood why people on here get upset about my opinion . I find it hilarious when folks get defensive about it. Katy would wooshed Carthage. Longview wins by 28+

Nobody who has read more than 5 of your posts gets upset about your opinion.  

• LOL! 2

21 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Somebody needs to talk some sense into panamamyers on SETX.

He’s saying there are many many teams in the Houston area alone who’d destroy Carthage and hold them to negative offensive production until the opposition called the dogs off of Carthage.

Silsbee v Carthage thread on SETX. 

😡

he must be referring to The Woodlands and some other 6A teams :lol:

7 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Wow! you have no idea! WOS would give Carthage all they want, but to say the bigger schools couldn't stop Carthage is ridiculous. Katy, Aledo, heck even PAM would keep Carthage from getting past the 50yard line.  Beating Silsbee should have been a given! Just be glad your not in DII or you would have been airing up the roundball last Friday!!

If you’re referring to a Carthage vs WOS matchup had it been in div2....... that happened in 13.  We all heard how WOS was gonna win and that didn’t happen.  

• Like 1

This one escalated quickly. Did I read Carthage wouldn't get past the 50 yard line against a team in SETX? PAM? Lol. Guys this has gotten a little out of hand. There is not a team in the country that can hold Carthage from getting past the 50. I don't think there is one holding them out of the end zone. Carthage would get spanked by many, many teams. But let's don't go too far here. I will say any team in the state bring their best 22 and let's see what happens. Again not saying Carthage wins but they are bringing 7-8 kids that will play ball on Saturdays. And we are not talking about 5'11 180 LB's if you know what I mean. WOS was great last year. One of the all time best teams in class 4a (3a). IMO they would've beaten Carthage last year by a couple scores (although I would've liked to seen it). But this year Carthage would donkey stomp them. They beat Silsbee 34-17. So their is nothing to talk about. Carthage could've scored 120 against that team. WOS wouldn't hold Carthage under 50.

For the record this thread is dumb. But I couldn't help myself when people are going a little too far talking about the Dawgs.