panamamyers on SETX

HearEmaGrowlin

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

If you’re referring to a Carthage vs WOS matchup had it been in div2....... that happened in 13.  We all heard how WOS was gonna win and that didn’t happen.  

And it was only close because of hurricane winds.  Couldnt pass at all. It was all ground and pound and we emerged victorious!  How bout that 4th down run by bogie?  Woof woof

20 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

And it was only close because of hurricane winds.  Couldnt pass at all. It was all ground and pound and we emerged victorious!  How bout that 4th down run by bogie?  Woof woof

4th and 18, I’m not sure but it may have been a qb draw all the way.  Gutsy run by that young man

5 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all talking about this DF?

665A7ACA-2C5D-4E63-A878-58310EF5509F.jpeg

I watched this team play a few games and ended up working with a couple of these guys in later years. I had before and have since watched a lot of great teams and they are still the most dominant football team I have ever watched. It was like watching men play against boys, and that was against really good teams (Gladewater, Kilgore, Sweeny). Times and football has changed since then and I don't know if they would be as dominant against some teams today but I bet they wouldn't get dominated. They were really impressive.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:49 PM, DB2point0 said:

If you’re referring to a Carthage vs WOS matchup had it been in div2....... that happened in 13.  We all heard how WOS was gonna win and that didn’t happen.  

Dude don't live in the past. That was 4 years ago. And luck was on Carthage side. No doubt. 

22 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

This one escalated quickly. Did I read Carthage wouldn't get past the 50 yard line against a team in SETX? PAM? Lol. Guys this has gotten a little out of hand. There is not a team in the country that can hold Carthage from getting past the 50. I don't think there is one holding them out of the end zone. Carthage would get spanked by many, many teams. But let's don't go too far here. I will say any team in the state bring their best 22 and let's see what happens. Again not saying Carthage wins but they are bringing 7-8 kids that will play ball on Saturdays. And we are not talking about 5'11 180 LB's if you know what I mean. WOS was great last year. One of the all time best teams in class 4a (3a). IMO they would've beaten Carthage last year by a couple scores (although I would've liked to seen it). But this year Carthage would donkey stomp them. They beat Silsbee 34-17. So their is nothing to talk about. Carthage could've scored 120 against that team. WOS wouldn't hold Carthage under 50.

For the record this thread is dumb. But I couldn't help myself when people are going a little too far talking about the Dawgs.

I only mentioned PAM. But I was referring to teams like Katy. I understand Carthage is the only team in your area you all can count on making the playoffs but seriously  the bulldogs allowed Silsbee to put 20 plus points or more on them so y'all ain't all that!

this thread...smh.....let be realistic...Carthage is great. they are. This is the best team they've had since surratt came next to the 08 team. But lets not go comparing ourselves to teams that are SO much bigger and have like 3 lines of starters. Would i love to see carthage play against a team like Katy or Longview. Yes. especially this team. but we are not the best in the nation. I would even like to play a same class state champion from another state just to see how we would do. I would also like to see all of the state teams from texas play each other to determine who could actually be the best in the state (omitting 6 man). I would like to play a couple of 5a teams in preseason next year. we used to play teams above our class all the time when we were 3A and before the numbers were redrawn. this is all MY  personal opinion. tho. no need to bash anything i say. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

I understand Carthage is the only team in your area you all can count on making the playoffs

What? Have you been drinking? This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen. Especially from a SETX poster. You guys are terrible down there except for 2 teams. 

Settle down guys! Don't get your panties all twisted up. Just having some fun. I know how important bulldog football is to you guys and it should be. It's just like one of your homies coming to our site in setx and saying the same thing I just stated about my team. Kinda gets your blood boiling!  I will leave it there. If it's not Carthage fans it's Gilmer fans! Lmao

2 hours ago, ctown94 said:

this thread...smh.....let be realistic...Carthage is great. they are. This is the best team they've had since surratt came next to the 08 team. But lets not go comparing ourselves to teams that are SO much bigger and have like 3 lines of starters. Would i love to see carthage play against a team like Katy or Longview. Yes. especially this team. but we are not the best in the nation. I would even like to play a same class state champion from another state just to see how we would do. I would also like to see all of the state teams from texas play each other to determine who could actually be the best in the state (omitting 6 man). I would like to play a couple of 5a teams in preseason next year. we used to play teams above our class all the time when we were 3A and before the numbers were redrawn. this is all MY  personal opinion. tho. no need to bash anything i say. 

I like those ideas!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Dude don't live in the past. That was 4 years ago. And luck was on Carthage side. No doubt. 

Lucky how?  Lucky that the vaunted wos d left a hole in the middle of the field the size of which hasnt been seen since the parting of the red sea and bogie ran for the 1st? Ok, i'll take that kind of luck!  Im just happy to be competing this year 😁

1 minute ago, dawgbite86 said:

Y'all do realize that Carthage scored 6 of the 8 points against Daingerfield and the tigers only outscored the bulldogs 10-6. It was the year the bulldogs went 11-2 and lost to Estacado with Roscoe Tatum.. 

Thats why i posed the question earlier in thread who scored those 8 points.  I forgot only 6 were ours. But i do remember losing to estacado, who then won state.  If i had a dollar for everytime we lost to the state champs...

5 minutes ago, dawgbite86 said:

Y'all do realize that Carthage scored 6 of the 8 points against Daingerfield and the tigers only outscored the bulldogs 10-6. It was the year the bulldogs went 11-2 and lost to Estacado with Roscoe Tatum.. 

Carthage defense scored those six points... jus saying

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Thats why i posed the question earlier in thread who scored those 8 points.  I forgot only 6 were ours. But i do remember losing to estacado, who then won state.  If i had a dollar for everytime we lost to the state champs...

I think Kilgore scored the other 2. 

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Carthage defense scored those six points... jus saying

I've heard conflicting reports on that. The story I remember as being correct (from D'field folks) was that Carthage threw a deep ball that 2 D'field DB's went up to get... ball was tipped to the Carthage receiver who ran it in.

26 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I've heard conflicting reports on that. The story I remember as being correct (from D'field folks) was that Carthage threw a deep ball that 2 D'field DB's went up to get... ball was tipped to the Carthage receiver who ran it in.

I heard that one. Plus a pick 6 one. 

Who knows. 

7 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Dude don’t live in a fantasy land.  It was 4 years ago, but the same was said ....that Carthage couldn’t beat them.  That lucky team went on to win their 4th state title.  No doubt

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Still think that now asking for a friend

I type this knowing it’ll cause a lot of people to completely lose their minds, but after watching the Dawgs all season and after watching all the big schools in the state title games over the weekend, a number of them should be glad they did not have to play this year’s Bulldogs.

Carthage had the two best linebackers, the best running back and the best WR corp at Jerryworld all weekend. The OL and DL were among the best there all weekend as well.

Carthage would have anhialated Aledo this year.  I stand by that opinion 100%. You watch the Bearcats play the last two games of their season and see their team with a QB who can’t throw the ball and an offense that’s 70% run. That little QB gets a large portion of those runs called as designed for him and the first thing I thought is the CHS defense would’ve eaten Aledo’s lunch just like they did Kennedale’s. I saw Aledo’s semifinal win over Mansfield Legacy who was starting a safety at QB. Geez, if these big schools have so much unbelievable amazing quality of depth why didn’t Legacy bring in their 2nd string 5 Star QB after the starter went down? The answer is because they don’t actually have that much depth and the star safety was a better option at QB than the real 2nd string QB. Of course, the safety now playing QB continued playing safety as well. These big schools have so many great athletes that none of them ever have to play both ways, right? Wrong again. A team who should’ve beaten Aledo in the 5A semifinals almost did it without a true QB and zero receivers to speak of and an offensive gameplan that was atrocious. Carthage would’ve beaten Aledo just like they did Kennedale, same type score.

Now people will say the size of the OL’s at these big schools is too much for the Dawg’s DL for them and the linebackers to make plays, wrong.

La Vega had one of the biggest OL in the state with at least three of them going 6’6” and way over 300 LBs each. Aledo and many other big schools do not have that size on their OL or the same caliber athletes La Vega has in their offensive backfield, they just don’t. Carthage beat La Vega and would’ve beaten Aledo and others THIS YEAR easier than they beat LV in the semifinals.

The teams there I would say it would’ve been a ballgame against Carthage would’ve been Manvel, HP, Allen, Lake Travis, Waco Midway, Cy-Fair. 

People will attack me with depth talk. Even at Manvel and Allen, those teams can’t rotate in 2nd stringers too often against the Carthage 1s; that’d result in their team giving up points or punting that much quicker. 

People want to talk about bigger schools having too many playmakers for Carthage? BULL!

This year Carthage has way many more playmakers than Aledo, Cy-Fair, College Station, LT and HP (yes, HP & LT). Open your eyes and mind, watch the games. If someone thinks LT and HP have more athletes than Carthage they’re crazy. Those are well coached, disciplined, average athletes who play well together as a team. The SLC, LT and HP’s of the Texas high school football world do not win with the best athletes they win with coaching and disciplined performances like Cy-Fair did.

Carthage has more naturally gifted athletes than do those big schools I just named and CHS has the coaching to get maximum production out of our players.

Again, watch the games and objectively decipher what you see on the field classification to classification. 

Carthage has the best coaching staff in the state who has our athletes playing very efficient, disciplined football with a great offensive system and if needed, more tricks than we can ever know about. 

Carthage probably would not have beaten all of those teams had they played them (now some will get all over me for the “probably”), but remember you can only put 11 players on the field at one time, and I think the fact of the matter is Carthage always has an unusually large number of superior athletes on the football team compared to the enrollment size of the school. 

I leave you with this thought:  Just because someone or some group tells you something over and over and over again it doesn’t make it true or accurate. The people who say a select, elite few 4A schools couldn’t compete and defeat many 5A and 6A schools just because they’re a “smaller classification” are wrong. 

The teams I feel could admirably compete in 5A and 6A districts are Carthage, Pleasant Grove, La Vega, Henderson, Kilgore, China Spring, and WOS.

Reminder, I am only comparing this season’s CHS team to those schools who played at Jerryworld this year. 

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Go Dawgs and congratulations on bringing home #6!!!!!!

• Thanks 1