4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, steernation said:

Must have to do with watching the film rather than seeing it live because PG’s speed didn’t impress me either if I am being honest. Very good team, but they didn’t look much faster than our skill kids

Hey steer, 

Maybe it was the film As far as speed I'll give you that but the camera had nothing to do with what I saw from Bushland. They either played horrible or never were really good. I don't care what film u watch you are not going to see that type of debacle from PG. 

A few PG stats:

In 14 games they were shut out in the 1st quarter one time by Pittsburg 3-0 for 16 mins total.

Trailed Gilmer for a couple of minutes in the 3rd quarter. 

Trailed one time through four playoff games to Aubrey for a total of 1:49. 

PG has outscored their opponents 169-34 in the 1st quarter. Opponents average 2.4 points in 1st quarter. Graham better not defer the ball if they win the toss cause PG has made one stop and ended up 14 points ahead in several games. 

PG should win by 14. 

1 hour ago, Steerman88 said:

I don’t think so at all, I can  tell you PG secondary will be the best we have seen all year, I do not think Graham will hang 50-60 on them like they do everyone else but they will put points on the board. I think this is gonna be hell of a game. IMO Graham will win because of execution and less mistakes not because of better athletes. 

At this stage, that is exactly what gets the ring. 

All teams are good, but the team that does not turn the ball over, or get needless penalties usually comes out on top. 

All even, a Special teams play gets the tiebreaker.

3 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Oh and just another thought: I was wondering how PG could be so heavily favored on the smoak poll. I really thought most of the posters here were not giving Graham enough credit. Guess they have seen Graham and PG play. Now I see!

Not too many posters from West of Forth Worth come here, unless word of mouth gets a few more. Kinda like when Argyle guys started hanging out.

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

They got a good bit of stuff on YouTube. Game highlight type stuff. 

Slow yes. Good yes. 

Eagle, 

I haven't watched any other highlight my son sent me the YouTube link on the qtr final. They are good against Bushland that is not going to get it against PG I'm sorry not trying to be the dumb Homer but that really looked like a lower quality team. 

13 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Eagle, 

I haven't watched any other highlight my son sent me the YouTube link on the qtr final. They are good against Bushland that is not going to get it against PG I'm sorry not trying to be the dumb Homer but that really looked like a lower quality team. 

I watched them against Stephenville and WFH. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

I watched them against Stephenville and WFH. 

Ok I haven't watched them! That's why I read your post you are really a football guy! Hey man if you really believe they can hang with the Grove,, Ok . After seeing what I saw against BL I KNOW the Hawks are really about to send them a lulliby. Graham is about to get waxed by PG!! They are simply outmatched! 

Ok I have now

watched all the highlights on Graham from YouTube . 

Got to give credit where credit is due. Graham really is really in sync with their offense. Was not real impressed with Bushland when I saw that film. Upon looking at all of the games I'll simply say WOW!  

They do appear to be a really good team. I withdraw my waxed comment! LOL 

This should be a good game! PG will 100% have to get after that QB.   He looks great! Keep that offense on the side line and pound the ball. A shootout does not favor PG. Basicly PG needs to do what they do to beat this team. No mistakes and no turnovers! GO HAWKS 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:04 AM, futfan said:

I don't know where you get that, nobody is "Lucky" to be here. Surely not PG, as they have earned it every step.

Maybe you could wait until next Friday to be obsessed about a game that is not even scheduled yet.

I bet there is a Wimberly - WOS thread somewhere...

I hate to tell you but your posting stops tonight!!

On 12/1/2017 at 11:29 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

We talking about basketball? I don't even follow it. Atlanta has never, ever had a good basketball team. Football, Track, and every now and again Baseball. Basketball has always been bad, bad, bad.

13 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Hey steer, 

Maybe it was the film As far as speed I'll give you that but the camera had nothing to do with what I saw from Bushland. They either played horrible or never were really good. I don't care what film u watch you are not going to see that type of debacle from PG. 

That's the same bushland that got beat by Daingerfield  67-13 in the state champion game right? 2009 or 2010?

I saw the highlights on youtube of the Graham/Bushland game and was not impressed with Bushland. Also, Graham second leading tackler in their FS with 119 tackles, which mean teams seem to get to the second and third level on the regular . If PG stops their Air attack, which looks pretty good, I don't see them staying with the Hawks. PG by 14+