4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Hard for me to believe Graham is faster than Melissa, and I know they're not faster than Atlanta. Both were non-factors. Melissa took shots down the field constantly, but coverage was just great. 

I’m not here saying they are faster I’m just saying they have great speed at WR, Graham runs great timing routes and WR create a lot of space from the DB’s, as for Melissa there QB isn’t even on the same page as Graham’s. 

6 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

I’m not here saying they are faster I’m just saying they have great speed at WR, Graham runs great timing routes and WR create a lot of space from the DB’s, as for Melissa there QB isn’t even on the same page as Graham’s. 

If they can do that, they have a shot. Melissa QB was really good. Mobility was the only reason he kept them in it. PG's front 7 is extremely good. 

8 minutes ago, hollywood91 said:

No sir. That game was without Sville’s RB for 3 Qtrs and QB Jones’s second game back on the season. Game was a lot closer than the score reflects. I will touch on Graham a bit. The beat Graham, PG will need to have defense and an offense hat is balanced with pass and run. Defensively, a team needs excellent OL and DL play, LB’s that are intelligent and have a nose for the ball, and a secondary that can cover like white on rice. Any weakness on defense, Graham will exploit. They are the team to beat in 4A D2. PG needs to have their best game of the season to beat them. And I know some will say, yea yea yea, we’ve heard that before. I’m hear to tell you, I’ve watched Graham football for several years now, this is their best team to date. Super fast in all skill positions and big on the OL/DL. The key, execution and descipline. Their offense executes at such a high rate of speed, it leaves defense guessing. Good luck

Seriously PGs Oline blocks amazing against good fronts. PGs Dline is the best in 4a. Speed doesn't matter Atlanta is top 3 fastest teams in the state and it didn't matter. I think Graham will move the ball early then run into a brick wall and Graham's defense isn't near the defense PG has. I really think PG makes another statement here. There offense won't be 50/50 but they will make you pay on both sides run and pass. PG played a high powered offense last night and look what happened there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, futfan said:

I guess an admin combined OT1's thread and mine with the poll. 

I wonder if the Graham fans have a similar site for that they use?

I posted earlier a lot of Graham fans get on the Friday football app, just a lot of idiots on there and not a lot off actual football talk. 

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If they can do that, they have a shot. Melissa QB was really good. Mobility was the only reason he kept them in it. PG's front 7 is extremely good. 

Graham’s QB will not beat you with his feet, he’s a very smart and well coached kid calls about half of his own plays to get the tempo up and IMO is the best QB in 4A reading the D he will change a lot of plays at the line, PG will need to put pressure on him and keep him out of sync or he will pick you apart.

38 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

A few use Texas downlow and the Friday night football app, just don’t judge me with some of the idiots on there!! 

That must mean that they're everywhere .... must be northern import move-ins ....

2 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Graham’s QB will not beat you with his feet, he’s a very smart and well coached kid calls about half of his own plays to get the tempo up and IMO is the best QB in 4A reading the D he will change a lot of plays at the line, PG will need to put pressure on him and keep him out of sync or he will pick you apart.

Ok. We can. And most likely will. 

2 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Years of 7-on-7 experience ?

4 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

If they don't, it will be the first team they haven't been able to do so on all year. Their d-line is something special.

1 minute ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Ok. We can. And most likely will. 

I have no doubt PG will get pressure at times there D line is as good as anyone’s in 4a if not the best, just don’t go to hard and run past Graham 2,000 yd RB your secondary will not like hitting him...

8 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

I have no doubt PG will get pressure at times there D line is as good as anyone’s in 4a if not the best, just don’t go to hard and run past Graham 2,000 yd RB your secondary will not like hitting him...

Understood. But make no mistake, PG has seen some of the best, and most definitely the FASTEST running backs in the state. That’s our bread and butter. Lighting up a running back is what we do, and we do it well  

That 2,000 back may not like meeting Mr. Benson and Mr. Porchia

• Like 2

Unfortunately for Graham I think they’re bout to learn how PG dismantles a cliche spread offense! This is bout to get ugly come Thursday. Graham looks to have a lil bit bigger O line but good luck picking up all the blitz packages these guys bring! And that deep ball isn’t gonna work, you better run some quick slant routes cause they’ll keep up with the receivers and the QB will not have all day in the pocket with the heat PG brings. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Just thinking they may need to shorten the timing routes one tick on the internal clock ... 

2 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Unfortunately for Graham I think they’re bout to learn how PG dismantles a cliche spread offense! This is bout to get ugly come Thursday. Graham looks to have a lil bit bigger O line but good luck picking up all the blitz packages these guys bring! And that deep ball isn’t gonna work, you better run some quick slant routes cause they’ll keep up with the receivers and the QB will not have all day in the pocket with the heat PG brings. 

Quarterback for Graham looks very good but they will definitely have to scheme to get rid of the ball faster. He had all day on the long passes he completed against Bushland. That won’t be the case against PG. Every team at this stage in the game are good and can win but it won’t be easy for Graham. 

3 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Graham has no problem throwing quick routes and they will do it all night long, PG D will slow Graham’s deep ball but you haven’t played a QB that can sling it like Graham’s. This is gonna be a great matchup between Graham’s O VS PG D they both execute at a very high level.

4 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Graham has no problem throwing quick routes and they will do it all night long, PG D will slow Graham’s deep ball but you haven’t played a QB that can sling it like Graham’s. This is gonna be a great matchup between Graham’s O VS PG D they both execute at a very high level.

😂😂 google “poppy brown”

😂😂 this is The dumbest   comment on  Smoaky EVER 

2 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

😂😂 google “poppy brown highlights” 

😂😂 this is The most uneducated  comment on  Smoaky EVER 

He’s a great QB but he still doesn’t do the things Graham’s QB does. The accuracy and mental game of Graham’s QB will be unlike what you have seen this year.

36 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Only problem with those quick slants is the height of the PG D-line. Melissa QB has some height on him, and they had trouble with the quick slants with PG batting the ball down so much. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

He’s a great QB but he still doesn’t do the things Graham’s QB does. The accuracy and mental game of Graham’s QB will be unlike what you have seen this year.

I don't doubt you, but Poppy is one of the best QB's I've seen when it comes to scanning the field. Even scrambling and keeping his eyes down field, he was excellent with the ball in his hands. Gilmer is exceptional at coaching their QBs to do so.  It should be interesting, to say the least. 

16 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't doubt you, but Poppy is one of the best QB's I've seen when it comes to scanning the field. Even scrambling and keeping his eyes down field, he was excellent with the ball in his hands. Gilmer is exceptional at coaching their QBs to do so.  It should be interesting, to say the least. 

I defiantly think this a gonna be a great challenge for Graham’s offense, To me the thing I am most impressed with PG is there DL they can play but Graham’s O line is big and physical that’s gonna be a great matchup, Graham’s key to slowing Pg will be if  the safety #4 returns he’s a game changer on D, they have struggled giving up big plays with him missing.