4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

6 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Graham isn't near as athletic as Melissa, but they will dink and dunk you to death....they execute at a high level....PG's D was totally impressive yesterday so it'll be a fascinating matchup

Were you at the game?

1 hour ago, Steerman88 said:

Grahamโ€™s QB will not beat you with his feet, heโ€™s a very smart and well coached kid calls about half of his own plays to get the tempo up and IMO isย the best QB in 4A reading the D he will change a lot of plays at the line, PG will need to put pressure on him and keep him out of sync or he will pick you apart.

ย 

I have no doubt PG will get pressure at timesย there D line is as good as anyoneโ€™s in 4a if not the best, just donโ€™t go to hard and run past Graham 2,000 yd RB your secondary will not like hitting him...

Rbs don't usually get to our secondary. Our D line is quick, smart, strong, experienced, and eat RBs up the middle all day. Our LBs make a lot of tackles at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield. 2,000 yards Rbs from your region wouldn'tย get a grand in east Texas.

Yes heโ€™s played 7 on 7 every yr Graham wonย state in 7 on 7 this year because of him.

Yeah, we remember you guys at that Tournament.ย 

Graham has no problem throwing quick routes and they will do it all night long, PG D will slow Grahamโ€™s deep ball but you havenโ€™t played a QB that can sling it like Grahamโ€™s. This is gonna be a great matchup between Grahamโ€™s O VS PG D they both execute at a very high level.

Poppy and Dee from LE and that QB from SH was pretty good.ย 

55 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Only problem with those quick slants is the height of the PG D-line. Melissa QB has some height on him, and they had trouble with the quick slants with PG batting the ball down so much.ย 

Yup, all those backers have flak cannons for arms.

I've watched all of Graham's highlight videos and they most definitelyย have some kids that can play. Unfortunately, when I watch those games, I just don't see PG letting 90% of those plays happen.

We don't let people score. There has not been one easy touchdown scored against us all year. Graham doesn't have much size and I see our defense doing what they do. Blanketing folks and rolling over people at every level of the field. The QB will have no time to pass, the safeties and corners will paint the WRs any color they want, the LBs will be in your face and causing trouble all night, and the D line will have no problem shedding blocks and making tackles.

Offensively, it's the same thing. Your D line doesn't have the size, speed, or the scheme to handle the Hawks perfect execution of our Wing-T. 21 made a statement last week with that powerful stiff arm, last night he did it twice in aย row on the same play. That's gotta be the best stiff arm of the year, can'tย wait to see the highlight. We are focused and will play better every week. They played pretty perfect last night. WRs got open easily, the running game couldn'tย be stopped, we ran several differentย backs with success. Good to see 22 getting back in form.ย  The linemen...pancakes...The Hawks line can feed ya'll ย more pancakes than IHOP.ย 

I think the Hawks take this one by 4 TDs or more. Graham wouldn't have made it out of our District.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PGDad said:

ย 

Rbs don't usually get to our secondary. Our D line is quick, smart, strong, experienced, and eat RBs up the middle all day. Our LBs make a lot of tackles at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield. 2,000 yards Rbs from your region wouldn'tย get a grand in east Texas.

Yeah, we remember you guys at that Tournament.ย 

Poppy and Dee from LE and that QB from SH was pretty good.ย 

Yup, all those backers have flak cannons for arms.

I've watched all of Graham's highlight videos and they most definitelyย have some kids that can play. Unfortunately, when I watch those games, I just don't see PG letting 90% of those plays happen.

We don't let people score. There has not been one easy touchdown scored against us all year. Graham doesn't have much size and I see our defense doing what they do. Blanketing folks and rolling over people at every level of the field. The QB will have no time to pass, the safeties and corners will paint the WRs any color they want, the LBs will be in your face and causing trouble all night, and the D line will have no problem shedding blocks and making tackles.

Offensively, it's the same thing. Your D line doesn't have the size, speed, or the scheme to handle the Hawks perfect execution of our Wing-T. 21 made a statement last week with that powerful stiff arm, last night he did it twice in aย row on the same play. That's gotta be the best stiff arm of the year, can'tย wait to see the highlight. We are focused and will play better every week. They played pretty perfect last night. WRs got open easily, the running game couldn'tย be stopped, we ran several differentย backs with success. Good to see 22 getting back in form.ย  The linemen...pancakes...The Hawks line can feed ya'll ย more pancakes than IHOP.ย 

I think the Hawks take this one by 4 TDs or more. Graham wouldn't have made it out of our District.

Sounds like itย should be pretty easy for yโ€™all I would go ahead and start preparing for WOS/Wimberly

8 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Speaking of last nights game vs Melissa. Does anybody know why Melissaโ€™s starting RB #5 Young didnโ€™t play? I swear I saw him in on defense on like the second series but after that I never saw him on the field again all night.

I was wondering the same thing.

6 minutes ago, orangethunder1 said:

Pleasant Grove will blow graham out.I think the Hawks ย Cruise to a state title!!Their offense is great but the defense I think might even be betterย 

Glad to have you aboard.

5 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Sounds like itย should be pretty easy for yโ€™all I would go ahead and start preparing for WOS/Wimberly

No, it's never easy but the Hawks make it look like it is. They have been taking steps for the last 4 years to get to this level. All of the pieces have fallen into place and not one step of the process was easy. These boys don't know easy. It's not easy to do what the players, coaches, parents, fans, and community has done with this program. It's not easy to do what they did last Friday night and every game this year but it is easier to do it against a team not from east Texas.

13 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Speaking of last nights game vs Melissa. Does anybody know why Melissaโ€™s starting RB #5 Young didnโ€™t play? I swear I saw him in on defense on like the second series but after that I never saw him on the field again all night.

He started and played on both sides of ball. Got up slowlyย and came off field wobbly midway thru 1st q. Never playedย again after that. IMO Melissa's best all round player. If he plays whole game it's a little closer.

24 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Glad to have you aboard.

No, it's never easy but the Hawks make it look like it is. They have been taking steps for the last 4 years to get to this level. All of the pieces have fallen into place and not one step of the process was easy. These boys don't know easy. It's not easy to do what the players, coaches, parents, fans, and community has done with this program. It's not easy to do what they did last Friday night and every game this year but it is easier to do it against a team not from east Texas.

Same goes forย Graham and every other team in the state in all divisions. No team gets to where they are at this time in the year without a good support group. ย Argyle said all these same things going up against the ville and Cuero said the same thing toย Wimberley and you seeย where all the talking got them!

55 minutes ago, Texski said:

He started and played on both sides of ball. Got up slowlyย and came off field wobbly midway thru 1st q. Never playedย again after that. IMO Melissa's best all round player. If he plays whole game it's a little closer.

You really think so? I thought Melissa was lucky to get the 14 they got. The first TD came off a PI that was just simple double coverage, and the second came off a prayer throw to the 5 yard line, and the ball rolled out of his hands when he hit the ground. Ask Dez if THAT was a catch.

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Now I know that you are a troll. Those boys are in film right now. Leave the cell phones at the door

Evidently he got his account taken away, but opened another one a couple of hours ago. Not too smart!

1 hour ago, Texski said:

Donโ€™t know about how closer he couldโ€™ve made it. Just like QB Lewis, he is just one man and it takes a whole team grinding on all gears to keep up with PG. But I will say this, it absolutely hurt Melissa not having him in the backfield. They needed him carrying the ball in order to attempt to match the strength of the PG defense and make those yards after contact that the small frame skat backs canโ€™t. I even seen Melissaโ€™s leading tackler #9 Gallardo on the sidelines limping when the defense was on the field. We just got ruffed up in every aspect last night. ย lol