Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

23 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

And weren't the Dawgs pretty banged up before the LV game in 2015? Man, I still hurt from that beat down.

Yes. RB had a heart of a lion and ran hard. But Carthage could have been competitive in that game with K I getting snaps. Outside was open a lot, but didn’t have the speed to get there. Maybe La Vega would have adjusted, not sure. 

Cobb is gone. 

Hobbs is still there and will play every down. 5 9 180 and is a bad dude. Same size he played at the last time the "players" faced him.

Same QB. They "say" this is the "best" defense they've ever had. IDK their competition but they must be pretty good.

O Line is huge and will block any LB that's not D1. Just hearsay, they have 3 O lineman that are going D1.

QB is legit throwing. Playing 0 defense hiding # you know what is probably not going to work Blitz him all you want but this dude will make you pay.

A lot of this is coming from a CS guy I hunt with. They are VERY confident!

12 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Cobb is gone. 

Hobbs is still there and will play every down. 5 9 180 and is a bad dude. Same size he played at the last time the "players" faced him.

Same QB. They "say" this is the "best" defense they've ever had. IDK their competition but they must be pretty good.

O Line is huge and will block any LB that's not D1. Just hearsay, they have 3 O lineman that are going D1.

QB is legit throwing. Playing 0 defense hiding # you know what is probably not going to work Blitz him all you want but this dude will make you pay.

Hobbs may be a non factor due to the back injury.  We will just have to wait and see.  No doubt they are good, but they are NOT as good as the 2015 team.

14 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Cobb is gone. 

NEWS FLASH:.... So is Carthage! This game has all the potential to be an Epic battle, IF those things turn out to be true... Both teams come in undefeated & primed to go in to "The Big Show @AT&T Stadium... Carthage has a score to settle  and is healthy this time. 

37 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Cobb is gone. 

They should be very confident! I think this will be a very good football game. I think carthage’s defense can match them. Gonna be a low scoring affair. Should be fun!

Dawgs win if only by 1!

7 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Hobbs may be a non factor due to the back injury.  We will just have to wait and see.  No doubt they are good, but they are NOT as good as the 2015 team.

They are saying he's good to go. The key too them IMO is making them fall apart like they did against CS last year.

Heck I heard even the parents were fighting in the stands.

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

They are saying he's good to go. The key too them IMO is making them fall apart like they did against CS last year.

Heck I heard even the parents were fighting in the stands.

He may be good to go but I don’t see him holding up playing every snap.  This game will be extremely physical.  Does not bode well for a back injury.

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

He may be good to go but I don’t see him holding up playing every snap.  This game will be extremely physical.  Does not bode well for a back injury.

Even if he is good to go they have a guard and LB out as well. Trying to find out the status of all of them. I'll know by tomorrow but I won't matter til a Wednesday or Thursday report. 

13 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Even if he is good to go they have a guard and LB out as well. Trying to find out the status of all of them. I'll know by tomorrow but I won't matter til a Wednesday or Thursday report. 

I had someone from LV message me Fri night and tell me if Hobbs and Rogers (both starting LB’s) don’t play or are not 100% he did not feel good about Fri.  He did not mention the guard.

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I had someone from LV message me Fri night and tell me if Hobbs and Rogers (both starting LB’s) don’t play or are not 100% he did not feel good about Fri.  He did not mention the guard.

Lineman, the forgotten few hahaha

I was talking to a line guy which is probably why he mentioned it. 

LV will need to be a whole lot better athletes to counter a surratt coached team.  No doubt they are athletic and good but I don't think they will be able to take this one.  Indoors will be a good venue for carthage.  More balance prevails.  

The Dawgs just “struggled” against Henderson last week and won 35-0.

The Bulldogs honestly did struggle with goofy delay of game penalties, lining up offside in the neutral zone on defense multiple times and not getting the offense going until the 3rd quarter.

However, the Bulldog defense pitched a shutout of one of the best teams in the state in the 4th round of the playoffs!

I bet the Dawg defense will hold LV’s offensive production to half its season average.

Liberty Hill held LV to 21 points and I highly doubt their defense is nearly as talented as Carthage’s defense.

Surratt says CHS is healthy this time around too.

I’m picking the Bulldogs to win by a score of 

31-14

18 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The Dawgs just “struggled” against Henderson last week and won 35-0.

The Bulldogs honestly did struggle with goofy delay of game penalties, lining up offside in the neutral zone on defense multiple times and not getting the offense going until the 3rd quarter.

However, the Bulldog defense pitched a shutout of one of the best teams in the state in the 4th round of the playoffs!

I bet the Dawg defense will hold LV’s offensive production to half its season average.

Liberty Hill held LV to 21 points and I highly doubt their defense is nearly as talented as Carthage’s defense.

Surratt says CHS is healthy this time around too.

I’m picking the Bulldogs to win by a score of 

31-14

21 huh?