Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

1 minute ago, Lion70 said:

At least we actually played in December better how realignment is better and places y'all out of the Doom.

Whoever said y’all wouldnt? I was proud of y’all stopping the lil dogs. But you knew the clock would strike midnight afterwards. Why all the venom?! Bad popcorn at the tournament Saturday? Me I’m more of a nacho guy!

10 hours ago, dean1345 said:

I think if both Carthage and LaVega are healthy with no substantial injuries from last week. The game will be close and competitive. CDawg68 and I watched the sophomore  QB for LaVega in the 2015 State Championship Game in Houston and he had a very good arm. I would think after two years he should have improved even much more. It surely should be a good game!

La Vega was good then and will be respected this year too. Carthage's defense is playing lights out football right now, defense wins the big games. I hope to get to watch the state game with you, if/when Carthage makes it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

I been pretty consistent on my take of not pulling for Carthage. I also couldn't care about Carthage. I really don't want them to add a ship to their massive collection nor take a part in making the carthage peeps 's heads bigger than they already are. 

Here ya' go...... apply 24 x daily because.... you know.........

IMG_1799.JPG

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

I been pretty consistent on my take of not pulling for Carthage. I also couldn't care about Carthage. I really don't want them to add a ship to their massive collection nor take a part in making the carthage peeps 's heads bigger than they already are. 

You are following this thread but don't care about Carthage?!?!? C'mon man! Go Dawgs!!!:headbang:

31 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Are you new ? I have 29,000 posts not everyone has to do with Carthage. I frequent a lot of threads just FYI. 

Everyone knows that you posts on every thread, . But following a Carthage thread, that you supposedly do not care about, is the point I was trying to make. I know that you secretly own a Carthage State Championship shirt(s). LOL

On the North Texas based site many are picking La Vega. They’re saying LV has the best 4A defense in the state and they’re big, strong and fast on both sides of the ball.

Of course, most of the people posting there are more familiar with the Pirates as Waco isn’t far from DFW. Same goes here, most here will pick CHS, because they’re rooting for them or know a lot about the Bulldogs. 

Knowing the style of play in La Vega’s district and area I believe LV will play us defensively much like Henderson did this year. I think they’ll really gear up to stop the run, because they know they must with Ingram in the backfield. I see Capps hitting big touchdown passes to multiple Bulldog receivers off play action and out of shotgun. I also think Ingram will have more success against LV than their fanbase and local supporters expect the Pirates to yield.

Like last year I believe Ingram will take over when the chips are down and no team will be able to stop him.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

I was born with a physically large head can’t help genetics.  Going to be hard for teams to be consistent at putting rings on their fingers and Trophies in the case like Carthage.  The reason, you can’t clone Scott Surratt.  He expects greatness even if we aren’t that good he expects you to be great.  Every coach says it sure, but he believes it.  That’s why they will be running today for the fight Friday.  He expects more from his kids.  Fault no fault it doesn’t matter there is certain expectation that will be met or else.  You know I don’t like Alabama and when I ask myself why it’s because they win and the teams I like don’t.  Carthage will always have the talent look at the sub varsity levels 7th 8th 9th went undefeated.  JV had a winning record with 9 or 10 of their players on Varsity.  The haters will hate and they are going to hate a lot over the next 3 years should be fun IF you are a Carthage fan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

On the North Texas based site many are picking La Vega. They’re saying LV has the best 4A defense in the state and they’re big, strong and fast on both sides of the ball.

Of course, most of the people posting there are more familiar with the Pirates as Waco isn’t far from DFW. Same goes here, most here will pick CHS, because they’re rooting for them or know a lot about the Bulldogs. 

Knowing the style of play in La Vega’s district and area I believe LV will play us defensively much like Henderson did this year. I think they’ll really gear up to stop the run, because they know they must with Ingram in the backfield. I see Capps hitting big touchdown passes to multiple Bulldog receivers off play action and out of shotgun. I also think Ingram will have more success against LV than their fanbase and local supporters expect the Pirates to yield.

Like last year I believe Ingram will take over when the chips are down and no team will be able to stop him.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!

Not a North Texas based site!  Posters are spread throughout the State.

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ok, calm down please. What should I have said is the home base for TexasDownlow?

You can go there if you want to find out something about your opponent.  Or you can stay here and have everyone tell you how your team is great. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Lion,  do you remember the part in the movie Star Wars? where Luke told his father Darth Vader that there was still some love for his son deep down inside???  Well, is it possible that you can harbor just a teeny bit of support for your fellow East Texans Dawgs ????  Anything??

No but he remembers "I'm your huckelberry".