Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

25 minutes ago, coachkells said:

And was just stating beating a team as good as CS last year twice is a tough task for anyone.  

If Carthage would have met CS again, I don't think CS would've scored. After Carthage went into halftime and made adjustments on D, they completely shut CS down. 2nd half and OT was one of the most dominant defensive performances I have ever seen Carthage put on. 

Thats where I kinda call bull is on the whole LV is better than 15'. I just don't see how that is possible. We all gonna find out pretty quick. 

30 minutes ago, coachkells said:

And was just stating beating a team as good as CS last year twice is a tough task for anyone.  

I’ve never understood the thought process that it’s hard to beat a good team twice in one season.

Why is it harder to beat someone the second time than it was the first time? If you won the first matchup it should be that much easier to beat them again. Your team has the confidence going into the game, you obviously know what worked to get the first win and can make even further adjustments to get the second win.

7 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

If Carthage would have met CS again, I don't think CS would've scored. After Carthage went into halftime and made adjustments on D, they completely shut CS down. 2nd half and OT was one of the most dominant defensive performances I have ever seen Carthage put on. 

Thats where I kinda call bull is on the whole LV is better than 15'. I just don't see how that is possible. We all gonna find out pretty quick. 

Agreed

this is an unrelated subject. but i want to give props to the deputies who jumped into a burning house to save that woman. I was there doing a ride along with  my brother over night and watching him go into that house made me proud. I was behind the man with the body cam. Watched and assist the whole thing. Hes also the #17 kicker that gave us the field goal to win against Gilmer back in 08 to go to state and win.

http://www.ksla.com/story/37049177/panola-county-deputies-rescue-woman-from-house-fire

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Thats where I kinda call bull on the whole LV is better than 15'. I just don't see how that is possible. We all gonna find out pretty quick. 

The '16 and '17 teams are very different, just like you guys say you are better then last year.  I guess you are the only team that improves from year to year,  your logic is off.  Carthage is a as good as it gets in 4a this year.  I don't think the game will turn out like '15 but neither do I think Carthage will blow La Vega out.  La Vega isn't even my home team.  Just giving a different opinion.  I've seen this team 7 times this year including the last 3 games.  They are good really good.  Any team that has made it this far is.  They are big, fast and play really good defense.  and  I'm sure Carthage does too.  This is going to be a great football game.    

Any team that holds Liberty Hill and their Wing T to 205 yards 56 of which came on the last drive of the game where multiple second team defenders were in the game.  Is a pretty good run defense.  

• Like 1

I'm so ready for this game!! I'm so tired of hearing about LV #1 defense!! It's very simple folks they may have a great defense but how are they going to score on Carthage?? We have great defense also especially against the run!! In my opinion Carthage will force them to pass the ball more by limiting the run and putting them in unfamiliar situations. Carthage has too many weapons on offense. I don't care how great your defense is you can't stop all of them and they're comfortable doing anything passing , running it doesn't matter!! I think Carthage proves why they're the best team in 4A and one of the best teams in state this Friday in a statement win against LV!!! LV is not playing China Spring or Liberty Hill on Friday which is the two toughest teams they've played all season!! Carthage is a way different Beast!!! That can score in multiple ways!! And they have one of the best if not the best defenses in 4A!! Is it Friday yet!!!! Time to put the critics to rest!!! DAWGDYNASTY rolls right into the State Championship game!!

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

The meltdown going to be serious come Fri. This will be Carthage 's toughest game. Carthage has faced probably as good or worse offense but this will be the best Defense they seen. 

We can take another step closer Fri in learning how good this Carthage team can be.  I am of the opinion they won’t disappoint.

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

I would say that missing #6 in that game was a big loss for LV.  CS ran at his replacement the entire game,  and they were better then LV  was on  that day. You have to remember Bell and Williams know each other very well and beating a team as good as CS was twice in a year isn't an easy task.  I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted to see them again.  

Why do I think if Carthage wins by 21, you will be back on here making excuses for LV?  You say LV is not your team but that you have seen them play several times and haven't seen Carthage at all and Carthage would be scared to play CS a second time last year.  I think we got us a true blue centex homer.  I also think the Honorable Mr. JBizzle brought up a good point when he reminded you that Carthage beat the team that beat LV last year.  

23 minutes ago, itmoney100 said:

I'm so ready for this game!! I'm so tired of about LV #1 defense!! It's very simple folks they may have a great defense but how are they going to score on Carthage?? We have great defense also especially against the run!! In my opinion Carthage will force them to pass the ball more by limiting the run and putting them in unfamiliar situations. Carthage has too many weapons on offense. I don't care how great your defense is you can't stop all of them and they're comfortable doing anything passing , running it doesn't matter!! I think Carthage proves why they're the best team in 4A and one of the best teams in state this Friday in a statement win against LV!!! LV is not playing China Spring or Liberty Hill on Friday which is the two toughest teams they've played all season!! Carthage is a way different Beast!!! That can score in multiple ways!! And they have one of the best if not the best defenses in 4A!! Is it Friday yet!!!! Time to put the critics to rest!!! DawyDynasty rolls right into the State Championship game!!

Calm down.. Calm down... We are All ready for this game;  All things come to he who waits... Surratt, Preston, Smith & Co. are ready to bring the Pirates their payback for last time they met, & they are well aware of the size differential between these two adversaries, but they say they will be ready to play from the kickoff! Deep breaths... this one will be exciting!😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

The '16 and '17 teams are very different, just like you guys say you are better then last year.  I guess you are the only team that improves from year to year,  your logic is off.  Carthage is a as good as it gets in 4a this year.  I don't think the game will turn out like '15 but neither do I think Carthage will blow La Vega out.  La Vega isn't even my home team.  Just giving a different opinion.  I've seen this team 7 times this year including the last 3 games.  They are good really good.  Any team that has made it this far is.  They are big, fast and play really good defense.  and  I'm sure Carthage does too.  This is going to be a great football game.    

Any team that holds Liberty Hill and their Wing T to 205 yards 56 of which came on the last drive of the game where multiple second team defenders were in the game.  Is a pretty good run defense.  

I never said LV was not better this year than they were last year. I said I have a hard time believing they are better than they were in 2015. I have no doubt they are better this year than last year. Atleast they better be if they want to stay in this game. And I am not that much of a homer to think Carthage blows LV out. I think the difference in this games comes down to the players. I think Carthage has more high end senior talent than LV. Both teams are very experienced. Should be an awesome game. I think it's a toss up honestly.

4 minutes ago, house said:

Why do I think if Carthage wins by 21, you will be back on here making excuses for LV?  You say LV is not your team but that you have seen them play several times and haven't seen Carthage at all and Carthage would be scared to play CS a second time last year.  I think we got us a true blue centex homer.  I also think the Honorable Mr. JBizzle brought up a good point when he reminded you that Carthage beat the team that beat LV last year.  

Your wrong I have seen them play just not live.  Have you seen La Vega play?

31 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

The meltdown going to be serious come Fri. This will be Carthage 's toughest game. Carthage has faced probably as good or worse offense but this will be the best Defense they seen. 

If you don't care about what Carthage does why post? Why worry about a meltdown? Nothing would make you happier. So that disproves the lie you are telling that you don't care either way. You are praying Carthage loses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

If you don't care about what Carthage does why post? Why worry about a meltdown? Nothing would make you happier. So that disproves the lie you are telling that you don't care either way. You are praying Carthage loses.

Agreed! I don't understand why some can't give credit where credit is due -_-.

Heck if Hendo had've beat us, I'd be rootin' for them to bring the title back to bEASTexas. It seriously makes no sense....

46 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

What game did you see? Just curious?

The Kilgore game.  Not once have I said you guys weren't good because you are.  But I don't think you guys know how good La Vega is. I could be totally wrong and Carthage might blow LV out but IMHO I don't see that happening.  I'm not you average Joe fan either I have coached In Texas at the varsity level for 10 years.  I've seen good football and you both play it.  

4 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this but, if he's a coach, he has an hudl account in which he can watch every game that Carthage has played for the last several years. That's including the whole game not just highlights.

Oh but you are in it now!  I’d bet he is a coach from another district foe of LV.  Maybe LH.  He was very specific in that he had seen LV in seven games.  Three preparing for the first meeting in district and four preparing for the playoff meeting?  I would not think a coach would have time to watch more than 3-4 games on Sat/Sun and prepare a game plan before practice starts on a Mon.  Assuming he was from say LH he might have seen a game on Carthage trying to get ahead of the curve if they beat LV.  Just my two cents.  I’m not trying to get in the middle of this either!

4 minutes ago, coachkells said:

The Kilgore game.  Not once have I said you guys weren't good because you are.  But I don't think you guys know how good La Vega is. I could be totally wrong and Carthage might blow LV out but IMHO I don't see that happening.  I'm not you average Joe fan either I have coached In Texas at the varsity level for 10 years.  I've seen good football and you both play it.  

Can we ask what school you coach at just curious?