Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

22 minutes ago, LTrain11 said:

Congratulations to the Dawgs!! I’m from Lumberton, my wife graduated from Silsbee. So I follow Silsbee football pretty close as well and witnessed y’all slaughter them a few weeks ago. I instantly became a fan! One of the most balanced and efficient offenses I’ve seen at the high school level. I was hoping y’all would make it so i can have the chance to watch y’all again... I’ll be there supporting y’all next Friday, good luck!!

Great post LTrain.  I got on Smoaky about 2 years ago, and Carthage got my attention early.  They have a fantastic program and a Coaching staff I compare to Coach Thompson at WOS (and for my Smoaky buddies, that's High praise).  And like WOS, a history and tradition others can only dream of.  You don't see their like often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, house said:

LV qb running for his life when he tosssed a couple td passes.  not sure i understood that pass interference that kept their drive alive.  

That was a bad call.  No the defender didnt turn around for the ball but i dont think he was making any contact with the receiver.  The ball was undertnrown and hit him in the back.  Dont see how thats a penalty myself.

La Vega played hard all the way to the end. Anyone who thinks our defense didn’t do a good job is crazy! With the size and speed they had on the field last night, you knew they’d break some. The last TD should have been a pick, DB misjudged the ball in the air. The one before that, our CB didn’t find the ball. It was one that could have been broken up.  But those things happen. Most of La Vega’s points came when the offense put the defense in bad spots with turnovers.

Gotta clean up the offense. No doubt about it.

Keontay had a great night, but also gotta give props to Colbert. He may be the most valuable Bulldog all around. Guy is so important on both sides of the ball!

Congrats to La Vega on a great season and a great last 3 years! This has been a very good group of kids for them.

18 minutes ago, house said:

wow.  thanks for those photo's.  really shows teamwork which is so cool to watch these guys learn to help each other.  

yea, thats the way i saw that pass interference.  i couldn't see any contact.  

There’s no facegaurding rule in HS, right?

8 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

La Vega played hard all the way to the end. Anyone who thinks our defense didn’t do a good job is crazy! With the size and speed they had on the field last night, you knew they’d break some. The last TD should have been a pick, DB misjudged the ball in the air. The one before that, our CB didn’t find the ball. It was one that could have been broken up.  But those things happen. Most of La Vega’s points came when the offense put the defense in bad spots with turnovers.

Gotta clean up the offense. No doubt about it.

Keontay had a great night, but also gotta give props to Colbert. He may be the most valuable Bulldog all around. Guy is so important on both sides of the ball!

Congrats to La Vega on a great season and a great last 3 years! This has been a very good group of kids for them.

On Colbert..........Nothing against the other young man back deep on kickoffs, he is a good player, but why would a team know where Colbert is line up, and kick it too him anyway..........I am glad they did, but I was shaking my head

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Thanks REB.... Six Flags doesn't have a ride as scarey as the one We rode last night!😱🤣👌

George......Did Hobbs play last night? I heard him and LV other linebacker were banged up from the Liberty Hill game? Just curious.....

• Like 1