ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

5 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

CarthDawg77  mine and yours are pretty close  I am thinking Dawgs 39-Pirates 26

One must remember; Surratt & Preston haven't even dusted off the 'ol Bulldawg Trick Book yet, so it's Anybody's guess how this deal goes down... That, &  avenging the last time these two teams met...💀

9 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Okay Professor CarthDawg77, Let's just say those plays from the ole Bulldog Trick Book are worth maybe 2  extra TDs , then should I revise my score to possibly Dawgs 42--Pirates 19 ?????  Sound better ????

Completely plausible conclusion 'Blue; If LaVega insists on toting the ball (like Kilgore did until they were forced to do otherwise), that 19 point score could be much more realistic than the 26. Also, I don't see the Pirate D stopping the Ingram "A"Train the way Henderson did.  I'm So ready to see this game!👌

16 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

LV has some bad boys, but I just don't see a team that doesn't pass the ball beating Carthage. Should be a great game. 

I remember vega's 1st td in '15 was a long bomb right down the middle of the field.  Dont they have same qb?  Isnt he the coaches son?

23 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I remember vega's 1st td in '15 was a long bomb right down the middle of the field.  Dont they have same qb?  Isnt he the coaches son?

Yes, but they don't have Benson and Cobb at WR (or CB for that matter). I am not so sure they can't pass, it's just that nobody has forced them too. If Carthage forces them to pass the ball, Carthage wins. If they run effectively, and can pass when they want to it's going to be tough for the Dawgs.

Anybody that thinks Carthage bout to roll into this ballgame and run over these boys is sadly mistaken. Carthage  has had better players than the other teams they have played this year. Plain and simple. Carthage will still have the best player on the field Friday night, but the rest is a wash. Surratt and Preston are going to have to out scheme and make better adjustments than the LV coaches. Luckily for Carthage fans there is nobody in 4a that's better at it than them.

This will be one of the closest games Carthage has ever played in the playoffs. That's my prediction.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Yes, but they don't have Benson and Cobb at WR (or CB for that matter). I am not so sure they can't pass, it's just that nobody has forced them too. If Carthage forces them to pass the ball, Carthage wins. If they run effectively, and can pass when they want to it's going to be a tough for the Dawgs.

Buddy Jackson could throw the ball pretty well, but as I said earlier, changing strategies in the middle of a critical game seldom yields positive results. Taking the "bread & butter" away from someone who's comfortable with it all season makes them UnConfortable.👌

5 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Anybody that thinks Carthage bout to roll into this ballgame and run over these boys is sadly mistaken. Carthage  has had better players than the other teams they have played this year. Plain and simple. Carthage will still have the best player on the field Friday night, but the rest is a wash. Surratt and Preston are going to have to out scheme and make better adjustments than the LV coaches. Luckily for Carthage fans there is nobody in 4a that's better at it than them.

This will be one of the closest games Carthage has ever played in the playoffs. That's my prediction.

I was with you word for word all the way up to the last sentence.  It will have to be a sure enough nail biter to be closer than the 2016 Henderson, Stafford & China Spring games!

24 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I was with you word for word all the way up to the last sentence.  It will have to be a sure enough nail biter to be closer than the 2016 Henderson, Stafford & China Spring games!

"One" of. And I mean when Carthage has the big guns. In years where Carthage was as dominant as they are this year there haven't been but a handful of really close games. Gilmer 2008, Graham 2009, Brownwood 2010, WOS 2013. I can't remember many others. Last year was a different kind of team. All heart and determination. They beat teams that were better. This year Carthage is better than pretty much everybody with the exception of the elite of the elite in 4a. IMO that's Carthage and LV. This one is for all the marbles. Same as Brownwood in 2010. Winner of this one wins a state championship.

• Like 2

I think if both Carthage and LaVega are healthy with no substantial injuries from last week. The game will be close and competitive. CDawg68 and I watched the sophomore  QB for LaVega in the 2015 State Championship Game in Houston and he had a very good arm. I would think after two years he should have improved even much more. It surely should be a good game!

8 minutes ago, StillALion said:

Did Carthage use an ineligible player Friday against Henderson?  Was their QB caught taping girls in the restroom with his cell phone? Who is checking up on this? 

6 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I’m gonna recommend you take this down.

Somebody found a shortcut to the exit of this forum.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StillALion said:

Did Carthage use an ineligible player Friday against Henderson?  Was their QB caught taping girls in the restroom with his cell phone? Who is checking up on this? 

This is ridiculous. Needs to be taken down. I have seen this posted a couple different places and nobody is close to having the story correct. Bout like Carthage played an ineligible player last year? And even if the story is correct, why would the said player be ineligible. It is up to the school administration. This is fake news and it's an old story. People need to get the facts straight before posting something on a public forum. I am sure it will be taken down ASAP.

6 minutes ago, StillALion said:

Why is that? The entire Henderson side was talking about it Friday.  If someone made it up then that person should be dealt with also.  But it definitely was being said by a ton of people and that it was to be dealt with “after the season.”

You really want to talk about a high school kid and what did or didn’t occur on this forum?  Do you really think it’s the place for it? Are you gonna Perry Mason the case on Smoaky?